• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Here Comes the Bride

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Yeah I'll definitely stay away from that! But no I'm not on it. I'm guessing that's another place where people write fan fiction? I'll talk more about this on vm instead of here though cause I have a question or two.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Day 12

Sora didn't know how, but suddenly the entire house knew he had kissed Constance. He HAD told Riku and Kairi at the same time, but both swore they wouldn't tell anyone (and they didn't break promises) so someone must have overheard them. Which was why he was confessing his next item to Riku when they were surrounded by people in a busy part of town. No one would pay attention to them there.

“You're going to propose?” Riku almost shouted. He really wasn't taking it well. “Sora, we have been here... less then two weeks. Haven't you ever listened to your parents engagement stories?”

“No, why? And why did you?”

“Because my cousin got married shortly before we left. I was listening to nothing BUT wedding stories. Anyway, unless the marriage is arranged, people date for years before getting engaged.”

“But I love her.” Sora started to protest. “And would you keep it down?”

“Sora, this conversation is going to attract attention no matter how loud we hold it. Look, do you have the ring? Where will you have it? How will you pay for it? What will you do with... everything once you ARE married? And what about back home? We go off for years, come back for a few days, leave again and next thing they know you're MARRIED? Your parents won't take it well.”

“Come on, they're my parents.”

“They're still not going to take it well. You didn't invite them.”

“You know I-”

“Do you know how much a big deal wedding snubs are? And your own parents? My cousin's family almost went to war over who should be invited on which side.” Riku grumbled and drank more of his tea. He half slammed his cup down on the glass table. “Look, as long as your honest and you have the ring, you should be okay.”

“Okay.... where do you get a ring?” Sora looked eagerly at Riku, who groaned and hit his head on the table.

“Why don't you ask her out first?” Riku finally grumbled as their food arrived. The whipped cream dripped wonderfully off of his fruit while Sora cut into his pastry. “You don't know her.”

“I do.” Sora replied as Riku stuffed strawberries into his mouth. “I know she's kind, and sweet and-” he was cut off by Riku snorting. “Well, she took you out of the asylum.”

“Touche.” Riku dipped his currently blueberry full fork at Sora. “But what does she like to do? Not like to do? How did she meet her previous husbands? Basically, have you often TALKED to her?” Sora did not answer. “That's what I thought. Ask her out on a date.”

“What?” Sora blinked.

“A date. Ask her out on a date. Take her out to eat. I'll loan you some money if you want.” Riku couldn't believe he was doing this, but he really didn't want his friend to just jump into this. Sora put his fork down with a Clink

“Okay. I'll ask Kenneth about good restaurants. Thanks Riku.”

“Look, have you seen that stupid tabby anywhere?” Riku was standing face to face with Eleanor Audley, who was behind bars. “I told her this would end badly but no... she had to go off and insist I talk to you of all people and then she has the nerve to run off? Stupid cat. So, Riku, how are you?”

“Are you a ghost?” Was the first thing Riku managed to ask. Eleanor was.... odd. She looked more pulled together then last night, and her talk was considerably more salty, but she still looked off. Her hair looked like she hadn't brushed it in months, and her clothes were patchy like how Leota's used to be. But they were also were of better quality, her dress gave off a feeling of “I haven't been to town in a while, so I fixed it myself” rather then Leota's “I'm dirt poor.”. It helped that the original dress looked like it was made of a very nice gray fabric with the patches being made of similar color and quality, and not of whatever she could find. Eleanor just sat down on the bench and pulled out a cigarette.

“No, I'm not. It's just I had heard of you. Why? Are you seeing ghosts? I promise I won't laugh if you are.” Riku didn't respond, just looked around as she pulled on the cigarette before letting out a few smoke rings. “Alright, you are. And no one believes you? It's alright, I've been there.”

“Really?” Riku tried to reign in his enthusiasm. He can't just trust people, especially when the person in question also sounds freakishly like Maleficent.

“Yep. I can see that.... never mind. Anyway, someone else trusted you before?”

“Yeah, Leota.”

“Oh! And how is that old curmudgeon?'

“She's... she's dead.” Riku swallowed and held back his tears. “Someone... someone killed her by chopping off her head.” Eleanor dropped her cigarette and ground it beneath her feet.

“Well, I can see why you're not chipper. So, what are you up to today?”

“Failing at talking my best friend out of marrying someone whom I'm really sure isn't who she says she is.”

“I know how that is.” Eleanor puffed. Riku looked at her. “Okay, not completely, but I do get where you are coming fro-” A loud BANG echoed outside, and Eleanor dove to the ground. “What was-” Riku looked outside.

“Just a pot that fell. So, what's your story?” Riku tried to lean back, but the wall stopped him.

“Probably similar to yours. Got into some trouble, Leota pulled me out of it, met with people, got my act together, went off... Pretty boring actually.”

“Except how you are the second or third person to predict my death. How did you-”

“Know that you are going to die? A few things, but – much like Loeta and Oona, you've met Oona, right?- Anyway, I'm a Seer. And my specialty lies in Augury and Scrying, especially water scrying.” Riku stared at her. “It means that by watching birds and the water I can predict the future really acurately. They all specialized in different things though. Oona was Tarot and bones, Leota had her crystal balls and palmistry, and you?” Her cigarette burned up, so she extinguished it under her foot and lit a new one.

“I'm sorry...”

“You, what's your specialty.”

“Look, I don't see the future. I'm just trying to figure out who you are.” Riku started to gently bang his head against the wall. She looked up when she heard that.

“And...you.... oh. That would explain it. Look, go.”

“I'm sorry?” Riku stood up and looked at the woman sitting on the wooden bench.

“You heard me, SCRAM! VAMOOSE! LEAVE! And if you find that stupid tabby, send it back to me! And Claude, tell him to come here too.” Riku blinked. “GO!!!!” And with that, she shut up and faced away from the door.
__
“KAIRI! What do you know about dates?!” Kairi looked up from her stitching as Sora raced into her room, panting for breath. He then realized that the room had a few servants and other girls in there. He blushed, and then bowed. “My apologies, may I talk to Kairi in private?”

“That's fine.” Kairi got up and walked out into the hall as the group of girls began to whisper and discuss the man in Kairi's life, the one who addressed her by first name without shame. “Why do you need to know about dates?”

“I... I...” Sora grew really embarrassed. But Kairi just looked at him and knew.

“Look. If you eventually want to propose, I have some jewelry that you can use, but ignoring how it's actually Constance's and I'm just borrowing, how will you propose?”

“There's a way?” Sora had never seen anyone propose before, now that he thought about it. “I just thought I would ask but then Riku brought up how I'll need a ring and about my parents, but only after going on dates and I don't think he means the fruit and...”

“Wait, what about our parents?”

“That they'd, well mine, be really angry since they couldn't be invited. But I can't really bring them here either...” Sora trailed off.

“Then, just propose. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.” Kairi gave a smile. “I'm happy about you and Constance. You deserve some happiness after... everything.”

“Well, I just want to be prepared. I'm going to ask her out tonight. I'll take her to a restaurant and we'll eat food and-”

“Just don't talk with your mouth full.” Kairi gave a shy smile. “And the best of luck.”

“Kairi? Thanks.” He gave her a hug, which she gently returned. Someone cleared their throat behind them, and they whirled to see Rolly standing there.

“Ah'm sorry, Miss Kairi, but yah party?”

“Oh, yes. Thank's Rolly. “ She blushed and straightened her skirt. “Sora, I will get you the jewelry after this party. Say, around seven?”

“Yeah, sure...” Sora watched Kairi sneak back in the room, and then he turned to Rolly.

“Sorry, but what do you consider the most romantic place around here?”

Julia met Constance at a coffee shop in the french quarter. Constance had always liked it here. The French Quarter was unashamed of its beauty. As she waited for Julia she gazed around at the gold plated candelabras and the nice china sets. As she lost herself in her only trip with Ezekiel -oh how she loved New York- Julia sat down in the seat across from her.

“Hello again, Connie. How are you today?” She gave a little grin. “How is Sora today?”

“He's doing... well.” Julia just stared at her. “Is there a problem?”

“I saw you sneaking glances at him during your preparations for the debut party the other night.” Julia gave a rather wicked grin.
“He kissed me.” Constance admitted as she took a sip of her coffee. “Are you going to say anything?

“Did... did you kiss him back?” Julia was ignoring the large chocolate pastry in front of her. Constance gave an internal smile. Julia LOVED chocolate.

“Yes, I did.”

“Constance, are you going to enter into a relationship with him? It's rather sudden, I admit, but your year is up. He's... quite a bit younger then you though. Do you like him?” Constance rolled the question over in her mind for a while.

“I suppose so. He is rather... endearing.” She finally admitted. Julia waved her hand in a “go on” gesture. “He's very enthusiastic in whatever he does. He enjoys life. He's friendly, loyal, innocent, and doesn't hide the fact he's interested in me, but not for my money.” Which was most particular, now that Constance thought about it. Money was one of the best reasons to get married.

“Is he rich?” Julia asked as she finally cut her pastry open. Constance could smell the warm bread as she tore her own pastry apart.

“He's never said, but he must be. When I met him, he held this giant golden key – stop laughing, it didn't look nearly as tacky as it sounds- and he hasn't used it or mentioned it since. If he can lose a key that size then he must not care about it so...” Constance sipped her coffee again, but poured some fresh cream to turn it a beautiful shade of chocolate.

“He sounds like a nice catch, other then the age difference. I just have one question.” Julia smiled impishly as she leaned over the table. “Was he a good kisser?” Constance turned a deep shade of red.
Constance sat at her desk, looking at bills. It was, actually, her desk. It had been brought here through each of her five husbands. She looked it over as she signed yet another bill for oil. A notch from testing out her most precious possession, her initials with each of her husbands, the wood dented from writing letters on it, the ink stain from when she learned how to write. Her world was built to be high class, but this was the one thing she allowed herself that... wasn't.

Well, and Sora. Him and that wonderful Golden key of his. Ever since she had invited him in, her life had changed. Always helping, trying to learn, being cheerful, unabashedly but silently wooing her. The house was much more interesting after he arrived..

Yes, and let all the trouble start. She was too far invested to stop it now, but still... they were distinctly... odd. All of them. Well, Riku was crazy. But Kairi and Sora were just so naive it was very creepy.

She gave a sigh and pushed the bill away. She needed air. She grabbed her now white coat (oh, the pleasures of not being in mourning anymore. Clothes any color she wanted!) and wandered out onto the grass. She looked around. Riku appeared to be coming back from his day in town. He was musing, that was never good. She could hear laughing from Kairi's room, that must be the girls she had invited over. Well, Kairi was making connections at least. What good is a lady unless she has a retinue? Kairi could steal the heart of any man she set her eye on, she had proven herself to be smart and charming. As she mused she walked into the garden and saw Sora who was also killing time.

“Oh! Constance...” he blushed and rubbed his head. “I'm sorry, I didn't see you there... how are you doing?” Constance smiled. He must be worried since this was the first time they had met intimately since the kiss.

“I'm doing well. And what are you up to this evening?”

“Killing time.” He shifted on his feet near the garden patch of flowers. She had always liked Orchids... “Look, do you want to sit down?”

“I would be most grateful.” She curtsied, and they sat down on a white cast iron bench. “So, how have you been doing?”

“Fine just... missing you.” he blushed again, then appeared to gather up his courage. “Constance... I don't really have much. I don't belong here, more then you know, and a few years ago my entire way of life changed. But...” He fidgeted some more. “It's nice here. “

“Thank you, it is a nice house.”

“No, it's more then the house. It's.... peaceful here.” Considering the minor riot that had happened yesterday over the new laws, Constance privately wondered where he came from that this was peaceful. “And... you're here. May I ask a few questions?”

“Oh my.” Constance placed her hand over her heart. “Am I being interviewed now?”

“No, it's... I was talking to Riku earlier and he said that I needed to know more about you.” A blush rose to his cheeks. “He's a year older then me, he knows more about this kinda stuff.”

“What kinda stuff?” Constance asked sweetly. “It's only fair I get to ask you questions.” Sora turned more cheerful after a second.

“Yeah, you're right. Um...what do you like to do?”

“All this fuss over a rather innocent question? I like to walk in my gardens, read my books, I sew to pass the time but I'm not as fond of that. And sometimes...” She lowered her voice to a conspiratorial whisper. “I go into the kitchens to learn how to cook.” She broke out giggling a little. Sora chipped in too. “Your turn.”

“Oh, okay. I like to explore, meet new friends...” he rubbed his newly cut brown hair. “and I'm really liking Harriet's cooking.” Constance gently put her hand on Sora's. They both blushed and went quiet for a second. “Maybe you can cook for me sometime? I'd love to taste your food.”

“I'm flattered, but I burn rice.” Actually she was having issues with her crème Bruelee. “Do you cook?”

“No, not really. But, because of your library, I'm getting into reading some more. 'Count of Monte Cristo' is getting really interesting.” Sora closed his hand around her own. She leaned on his shoulder a bit.

“Why?”

“Well, who doesn't dream of being redeemed and finding treasure on a deserted island?” Sora admitted.

“Yeah... treasure...” Constance's eyes half closed as she felt the sun's heat on her skin. “If you could buy anything in the world, what would you get?”

“Hmm...” Sora pulled his feet up a bit as he thought. “Well, I can think of a few things, but... I can't tell you.” Constance gave a sly smile.

“Please tell me” she purred. “I promise I won't tell.” Sora shifted a bit uncomfortably. “What if I told you first?” She batted her eyelashes and giggled a bit seductively. “I would buy...how about... some cake?” She smiled. “A large chocolate cake, topped with sugar and strawberries...”

“Okay, that does sound good.” Sora agreed. He placed his hands on her arms. “How about some milk to go with that cake?”

“And how about honey dripped cheese spread on top of pears?” Constance shot back.

“That has nothing on a large hot croissant, spread with butter and served with peaches.”

“Or Harriet's pie.”

“Or Harriet's pie.” Sora agreed. “How is she so good?”

“She's had a lot of practice.” She settled herself more into Sora's side. “What are your skills?”

“Oh,nothing much really.” he seemed like he didn't want to say something. He gently pushed Constance back on her seat. He looked around and got down on one knee. “Constance Hatchaway, I love you. I love you more then anyone I have ever met or ever will meet. Will you marry me?”

Constance paused just long enough.

“But, Sora, I don't know much about you.” She giggled. “I mean, what if you were...” she paused to think of the most illogical thing. “Some sort of serial groom?”

“Well, I promise that won't happen. Constance, you are smart, funny, sweet, kind, gentle, and anything and everything I could want in a woman. Please at least consider it.” Constance waited again.

“Yes, Sora Lockheart, I will marry you.”

Sora didn't know what to say immediately, so he stood up, gathered Constance in a large hug, then kissed her again. The second kiss of his life, and it was even better then the first. His hand twisted down into hers and he held it as he withdrew.

“Sorry I don't have a ring. I've been thinking about proposing but I hadn't gotten one yet.” Constance kissed him again, then whispered in his ear.

“I forgive you.” She gave one of her rare smiles, the one that made you feel like you were the only person in the worlds. “Now... how shall we plan this out. I say the sooner the better.”

“I agree. I can't wait to live the rest of my life with you.”

“Well, that could have gone worse. Oh, what am I saying. Constance wants to chew him up and spit him out!” Riku was sitting on what passed as Leota's grave. It was... underwhelming. Just a headstone with her name really, and her face (which Riku was grateful for) but all in all... this was the only place he could really talk, even if she didn't answer back. “I wish you were still here. I do. Then I could get some idea on how to deal with all of... this.” With a sigh, he lay back on the grass. It was just so quiet here. No hallucinations, no people buzzing around. Just him and his thoughts.

“Well, all you really need to do is ask.” Riku sat up so quickly he almost tipped over. He stood up, turned around, and saw Rolly standing nearby, holding something. But that hadn't sounded like Rolly. “What, you don't want to say hello?”

“LEOTA?” Indeed, in Rolly's hand he held a crystal ball, and in that ball was the very pale, very spiritual, very green head of Madame Leota.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Like I said on DA it's a great chapter. Yet I have a really bad feeling about the wedding....just this chill down my spine.

I wonder how she will take Sora's Keyblade? I know they Riku says he sees dead people, but she thinks he's kinda lost it. Will she freak?

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Well I didn't want to repeat what I said on DA. Anyway, It's a good chapter. Also your timing for this chapter is perfect. Just wish we had some ghosts but hey that's not my call.

madammina

We have Leota. THIS Leota.

[video=youtube;b-WIaLFXK7s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-WIaLFXK7s[/video]

madammina

That IS a ghost. Leota died by beheadment a few chapters back, now she's back as a ghostly head in a crystal ball.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Plus, Riku saw a few ghosts in the beginning, right? And in the previous chapter there was the organist and the dueling paintings.

Oh Sora, you silly boy. ;) Riku's right- he shouldn't be getting married at such a young age when he barely knows the girl. That being said, I thought their conversation before he proposed was very sweet, and I liked how Kairi wanted to help him out with it. I think I've pretty much told you everything I thought about the chapter while beta'ing it, and everything else I want to say is spoilery, so I'll leave it at that.

madammina

No, he just met up with Eleanor ;) But, yes, there have been ghosts before.

Thank you. I'm really glad you like this chapter. And while Riku IS right, Sora is (something) teen (It's a year after KH2 anyway), not thinking straight, kinda full of love and... yeah.

Thank you for your help too.

madammina

Night 12

“Riku! Riku! Have you heard the good news?” Riku walked into the house in a daze. “Riku...”

“Kairi? No, sorry. I just...” He looked backwards. Kairi huffed in fake anger.

“Well, then, I'll tell you. Sora proposed! And I was all set to get a ring too.”

“I know.” Riku mumbled. Kairi looked at him in astonishment.

“HOW??? He only came to me about an hour ago?” She began to fiddle with her dress, looking for something.

“Oh, I saw it. In the garden.” Riku rubbed his neck and stretched slightly. “We need to get out of here for a bit though.”

“Why? It's not really a-”

“The ring.” Riku reminded Kairi. She paused.

“Oooh.... how are going to pull that off?”

“We need to get it exchanged. Maybe Scrooge?”

“So, one of us will go off world?” Kairi whispered. Riku nodded.

“So, you or I?”

“Well... I'll go.” Kairi bit her lip slightly. “Make up an excuse for Constance, but you know more about weddings then I do, you can keep Sora from...”

“From sticking his foot in his mouth like he tends to do?” Riku offered. Kairi nodded. “Alright then, you take the munny and get it exchanged for... money. We'll go ring shopping later.” Kairi held her hands up to her mouth to hold in her excitement. “Kairi, can you excuse me? I'm tired.” Kairi gestured him away and began to skip back to her room. It was really going to happen. A WEDDING! And it was SORA who was to be married. Kairi hid back a squeal as she walked into her room. Everyone looked expectantly at her. She gave a truly happy smile.

“He proposed!” There was an inordinate amount of cheering followed by everyone pulling out dress plans. Constance Hatchaway getting married again? It was going to be the wedding of the century!

Sora was hiding in his room. As much as he wanted to be by Constance now, and forever, he needed a moment to reflect.

He had proposed. HE HAD PROPOSED! Even though Riku was right about all of the issues, Sora didn't really care. All that mattered is he was to be married to CONSTANCE HATCHAWAY. With a sigh he flomped down onto the chair in his room... which wasn't to be his room for too much longer. Wouldn't have to share a room with Constance? Sora catapulted straight up and stared at his reflection in the mirror.

“Kingdom Hearts! I'm going to marry Constance Hatchaway!”

Constance also was alone in her room. She took a deep breath and enjoyed the minute of peace. He had proposed. Constance tried to hide a giggle. Weddings were ALWAYS fun. The people, the food, the dancing, the... Constance blushed. She walked back to her desk and slid a drawer open. Out of it she pulled five pearl necklaces.

“I'll have to order a sixth” she muttered. “And then there's... Can I really do this in less then a week?” She wanted to get married as soon as possible, but she had to do this right. She straightened up and pulled a piece of paper in front of her. With a sigh she dipped a quill into the inkwell. “I have to get the necklace of course. Then there's hiring the band, ordering the food, hiring extra servants, sending out the invitations... thankfully Sora doesn't have any relatives, and then there's the dress...” Constance continued to write the long list of all the things the bride does before her wedding night.

“Sora. Sora, you coming out?” Sora opened the door to see Riku standing there.

“Hey! How.... um....”

“I know you proposed to Constance. Even if I didn't see it, the entire house knows by now, and probably half the town.” Riku leaned up against the door, resignation written over his face. “Congratulations.” Sora blinked. Of all the responses, he wasn't expecting that.

“Thanks. Look, Riku, I trust you but... I really think she's the one.” he intertwined his hands behind his now tamed hair and looked up with a dazed smile.

“You do realize the intent is forever, right?” Riku gave Sora a small punch on the shoulder. “No backing out.”

“Yeah, I know. But, hey” Sora summoned the keyblade and held it out. “So is this keyblade, and I'm not giving up on it either.”

“Or maybe because it's just as stubborn as you. Or just as stupid.” Sora half punched Riku in response. Riku instantly doubled over as Sora became very aware he must have just hit one of Riku's bruises.

“Sorry-”

“It's fine. It's fine.” Riku waved away Sora's concern. “I need to talk to you and Kairi later, in Rolly's and mine bedroom, but right now it's dinner time. You should probably officially announce your engagement then.”

“Yeah....” Sora started to walk down the hallway. “Hey, Riku, there are other positions in a wedding, right?”

“Yep.” Riku stretched as he thought back to his cousin's wedding. “Best Man, Maid of Honor, the celebrant, other bridesmaids, the guests... why?”

“Will... will you be my best man?” Sora glanced over at Riku whose face broke into an easy smile.

“I would be delighted. What does a best man do?”

“I thought you were the expert on weddings!” Sora started to argue with Riku as they walked down the hall.

Kairi couldn't eat. She was just so excited. Sora was getting married! Well... it wasn't official yet but still... a wedding! Rosa and Cecil had told so many stories about their own wedding, Kairi was so excited to be part of one herself. Granted, they couldn't get Edward to play for this wedding but a wedding! And Sora's! And...

“I have an announcement to make.” Sora stood up and the fuller then usual room (Kairi took a brief look around. It appeared that most of the servants were crammed in here tonight. Normally it was just the three of them and Constance) “You probably all know this anyway but...” he rested his hand on Constance's shoulder. “Constance Hatchaway and I are engaged.” The hall broke into cheering. Kairi glanced at Riku and saw he was clapping as well, just not as hard.

“When's the wedding!” Someone shouted out. Constance and Sora discussed quietly. Sora spoke up again. “In a few days.” Whispers filled the hall again, something about it being “too soon”. Even Kairi had to agree. What about their parents? And what about all the plans.

“It's Constance's sixth wedding, I don't think she needs a lot of help, or needs to go all out.” Riku whispered to Kairi. “I've been thinking about it too.”

“Yes, but.... a few days? That's really....” Kairi looked back and forth between Riku and Sora and Constance (who were accepting congratulations)

“Kairi, I am reasonably sane right now. It's probably so I can be there. Sora asked me to be his best man.” Kairi gave him a hug. “Oh, and I need to talk to you after dinner. Can you come to my room?” Kairi just looked at him. He sighed. “Don't worry. Rolly, Harriet, and Sora will be there. You were never that worried back on Des- our home.”

“Yeah, well... I've got to go.” Kairi got up and gave Sora and Constance hugs while gushing with praise. “And really, I only hope for the best.”

Riku was ticked. He paced in his small room that he shared with Rolly while he waited for Sora and Kairi to come down.

“Yah ain't happy.” Rolly stated. Riku nodded and took a deep breath.

“Honestly, I do want him to be happy, I do. But.... Constance? She seems to treat you better then most people -though that's not saying much- but something is just so off! The marriages and falling in love with Sora and and how she tried to lock me up in an asylum. DON'T say anything. I know I probably would have signed myself in. And she did stand up for me against the police. But... things just really seem off. She always feels like she has an ulterior motive and then there's the whole Leota business. According to Leota, Gypsies weren't treated very well. But that still is no reason for.... okay, I know she didn't do anything against Leota either but there was this whole tone and we still don't know who killed Leota. I mean, I asked but Leota claims that someone did something to her and she can't talk about her death. The only thing she WILL say is she was channeling husband number five at the time but that doesn't really mean much. Who was husband number five? He was probably the man in the hall, the one with the head cut off that only I can't see. Can see. Can't see. How do you even phrase that anyway? And I still see the other things too. Like that suit of armor and the shooters in the main dining room where we had the party and then there's that terrifying mirror. I've tried a few times to see if I can get back in that room but she's still there banging at the mirror. And, of course, Emily is upstairs just floating and holding a candle and she won't talk to me which is getting annoying since I found her perfectly nice when she was alive, even if we did meet for all of five minutes, but I didn't cause her death, or Leota's, so why would she be angry at me? Unless she can't talk which still makes no sense and-” At this point he finally ran out of breath. As he took a deep breath, someone knocked on the door. Riku opened it, and saw Sora and Kairi standing there with Harriet behind them. Sora was glowing.

“So... we decided on about four days.” Sora began to gush. “Constance says she still is in contact with people from her previous wedding to George Gracey, the old owner of this mansion who was killed on their honeymoon by some raiders in Africa. They went on a Safari. I told Constance I wasn't sure where to go but she said we can put it off. What's a honeymoon?”

“It's... a trip taken by newlyweds so they can get to know eachother better and see the world with eachother for the first time. Look, you need to come in.” Riku stood back and allowed the three to enter. Riku proceeded to sit down on his own bed (the lower bunk) Sora took the floor and Kairi sat on the sole chair. Rolly stood by Harriet by the door.

“Mr. Lockheart. Who was the previous president?” Harriet asked. Sora's color turned white. “Miss Kairi, from what country did America declare it's independence?” Kairi stopped mid way in pulling out her sewing. Both teens looked at Riku.

“Yep, they know.” Riku said with a half crazy grin before flopping back on the bed. “Oh, the few perks of insanity. I don't have to deal with this. You do.”

“What do...” Sora fidged with how to say it. “Don't tell Constance.”

“Honestly, I'm not sure where you're from.” Harriet clucked. “But you do seem to really like Constance so it's really not my business. All I do know is you seem to be polite, but you miss all of our society's fine points and your history and culture is horrible. Most people wouldn't act like you do. But you have a notherner's accent and even THEY would know some of the South's fine points. And they would know the history.” Sora and Kairi blushed.

“When... when did you suspect?” Kairi mumbled.

“Me? Oh, I didn't suspect anything.” Harriet gave a grin. “It was Rolly who figured it all out. And, no, Riku doesn't talk in his sleep.” Rolly gave an embarrassed grin too. “He can't read or write due to laws. That doesn't make him an idiot.” Sora gave a sage shrug. “I will teach you as best as I can before your wedding day, Sora Lockheart, but really...” Harriet clucked. “You were doing decent so far.”

Sora, Riku, and Kairi sat together around the scarred wooden table in the kitchen. Each person there had a cup of warm Apple Cider in front of them and a plate of Harriet's delicious pies. The smells floated around the kitchen, and Sora grew drowsy.

“So... We're going to be taking history lessons?” Sora finally asked. “Great... more school.”

“YOU have to take history lessons. I'll be sitting in when I feel like it.” Riku gave a grin, and ducked as Sora threw his napkin at Riku. “Anyway.... a toast!” Riku stood up and held his mug up. “To Sora. Our best friend and going to be married in a week. May his life be long, his love be eternal, and his happiness assured.” The three of them clinked their mugs and then sipped the rest. “So... what are your plans for the marriage?”

“Well... I was talking over some of it with Constance.” Sora said, fiddling with his pie. “She knows more about it then me so I'm going to let her do most of it. And... I'm still torn about our parents. I don't think we should bring them though. It might mess up the balance too much. I'd rather explain other worlds when I'm back at home and I can take my time. I'd have to rush it and rapidly introduce inter world travel in order to do all the wedding stuff. We can have a New Orleans wedding here and a Destiny Island one back home.” Sora finally took a bite. “Is this Apricot? Anyway... Am I really doing this?”

“Yes.” Kairi leaned on him. “And we're here every step of the way.”

Riku closed the door to the room. For some reason musical instruments were packed up on the walls. The only things in the middle of the room were a large circular table, a book open to a page on the grim reaper, a chandelier and the ghostly green orb.

“He really is convinced in her, Madame Leota.” Riku smiled and sat down in front of her ball. She looked back, her ball starting to float in happiness. “So, what do you think we have to do next?”

“Just let it play out.” Leota suggested as she sunk back to the table. “There isn't much else we can do without risking your status here.”

“Sora wouldn't throw me out. And he's about to be the master of this house.” Riku argued.

“ABOUT, not there yet. I'd rather keep you safe.” Leota murmured.

“Fine, fine. I met a woman named Eleanor Audley after you....” he trailed off. “Anyway, she seems.... earthy.”

“Is she still smoking?”

“And cursing out a cat. Oh, Hello Claude.” Claude Coats the Raven swooped down from wherever he had been hiding the last few days to land on a chair nearby. “Did Oona have a pet?”

“Yes, she has a snake.” Leota seemed to be a bit disorientated. “What about you? Do you have a pet?”

“Huh? No... not really. I just never really had one growing up. Even if I did, I couldn't take care of them after I.... nevermind. How did Rolly find you?”

“Rolly was assigned to clean up....”her form grew misty for a few minutes. “he found me hidden in one of the trunks. No, it wasn't my murderer. My form just took a rest in the nearby crystal ball.”

“Oh, that reminds me. Eleanor said she had two types of seeing. You did too, and one of them was crystal balls.”

“Yes, that's true.”

“Then what's with the literal smoke and mirrors?”

“I thought I told you before... yes, I did. But then Oona... nevermind. I understand why you won't remember it. People won't trust or believe me without some smoke and mirrors. Either they believe it and think I'm real – I am, don't worry- or they don't but just chalk me up as a harmless old hustler trying to make some money.” Riku sat back in his chair.

“You must have been...”

“Terrified for my life? Usually. I... have... had trouble with crowds. But back to business. Rolly told me you were probably from other worlds. Don't worry, I forsaw that. I didn't say anything though. Is there anything you need to do for the wedding?”

“Currently? Stay sane.” Riku's head dropped onto the table. “After the Asylum I've been mostly okay. I saw the portraits in the great hall acting up at the party, but other then that... well, and you but Rolly sees you too... I'm okay. That's why Constance is rushing it, I think. She wants to get married within a week. Well, one of the reasons.”

“You just don't trust her, do you?” Leota finally asked. Riku shook her head.

“I've had women betray and use me before. You sound like the women who did it to me before but you're okay. She... just gives off a bad vibe. She's giddy about this whole thing though.” Riku mused. “She seems like she honestly wants to be married. Anyway, I should be getting off to bed. Wedding plans are not a picnic and I don't know if I'll be needed.” He stood up and bowed to Leota before walking off.

“Oh, Riku! Are you still up?” Riku looked up to see Constance standing in the hallway. “Sorry, I haven't seen you up for a while since you moved. Is everything alright in the kitchen? There are nicer rooms.”

“Yes. It's very good. Thank you for your generosity with having me share a room by the kitchen instead of a guest room.” He gave a bow. “And congratulations on your seducing of Sora.” He straightened up. “The match might lead to happiness to both of you.”

“Yes, I am hoping so. Sora said he asked you to be the best man? I know he doesn't know many people here” she gave a shy grin.

“Yes, he did. I accepted. Even if he is going against my wishes, he is my best friend.” Riku shifted his weight around. “Is there anything else?”

“Well, if you run into miss Kairi, can you direct her to me? I would like her to be my bridesmaid. And as for the guest list, is there anyone you can think of that should or shouldn't be invited? I'm afraid we will be having a larger wedding though. My weddings need to be shared.” she looked over in shock as Riku began to chuckle.

“Officers Bill Martin and Dave Burkhart should not be invited. I try not to hold a grudge, but... thank you for alibiing me by the way.” And this time, Riku sincerely meant it.

“The truth will set you free, Riku. And what I said was the truth. Well, then, good night!” Riku watched as Constance walked away in her pink nightgown and tried to figure out how he had just had a civil conversation with Constance Hatchaway.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
WOW, I didn't even know you were working on this so fast.

Great, job, and for once. I'm on Riku's side this seems way too fast. Also nice cameo for two FFIV characters. ^_^

madammina

So fast? It's been 2 months!

I've actually had it mostly finished for a while, I just decided to post it now.

Yeah, headcanon is Rosa and Cecil raised Kairi. I'm glad you liked it!

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
So fast? It's been 2 months!

I've actually had it mostly finished for a while, I just decided to post it now.

Yeah, headcanon is Rosa and Cecil raised Kairi. I'm glad you liked it!
Right but it takes you longer.

Headcannon. Oh I love thee and yet, it also messes with me.

Last edited:

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
And, of course, Emily is upstairs just floating and holding a candle and she won't talk to me which is getting annoying since I found her perfectly nice when she was alive, even if we did meet for all of five minutes, but I didn't cause her death, or Leota's, so why would she be angry at me?

ROFL, I love how Riku has gotten to the point where he's actually annoyed over a dead person not talking to him!

Riku watched as Constance walked away in her pink nightgown and tried to figure out how he had just had a civil conversation with Constance Hatchaway.

Well, he certaintly didn't make it a secret how much he doesn't like her!

Oh boy, I really like where all of this is going! I can't wait for the climax! Aside from that, your chapters continue to improve and I love how you write the friendship between Sora, Riku, and Kairi. I don't have any criticisms to make this time; good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back