• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Here are some numbers...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Well, we all now that birth by sleep is big news in the last 2 days, guess WHAT it has big numbers too....

So birth by sleep sold 468.000 units in its debut, pretty good i you ask me.....

Suzuku

Link to source pls. If it's true then it had the biggest opening of any PSP game, and that number probably doesn't even include the PSP bundles, which sold out on day one.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
If true, it just barely goes over what my estimate was (300,000-400,000).

Good job Square-Enix.

It'll easily go over a million in a few months, I see, which is quite impressive considering the top-selling PSP title only has 900,000 sales.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It'll easily go over a million in a few months, I see, which is quite impressive considering the top-selling PSP title only has 900,000 sales.

Monster hunter says hai.

I'd like a source for this btw, phenominal sales, outdid Days if I'm not mistaken, but I don't see this information anywhere else.

tirich91

if this is true...then this will go against so many odds. 358 over 2 days has a little over half a million units sold world wide. This game is at about already 1/3 of that.. I think world wide sales will push 2 million...maybe 2.5 million.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
if this is true...then this will go against so many odds. 358 over 2 days has a little over half a million units sold world wide. This game is at about already 1/3 of that.. I think world wide sales will push 2 million...maybe 2.5 million.

You are extremely extremely wrong.

Days first day sales in just Japan was 291,000 copies, and it total sold 571,981 units in Japan alone. It has also sold 360,000 units in North America as of October 2009, meaning it has surpassed 500,000 in America as well. No data is available in Europe, but it should be trending just a little bit lower in Europe, meaning Days has sold about 1.5 Million worldwide.

If you use ratios and hope for the best, if BBS sold 468,000 units in Japan, that likely means it will hit around 900,000 units in Japan, on track with Crisis Core and Dissidia, so its definitly in the correct realm of possibility. In the states however, there is no telling how it will fare. While Crisis Core sold over 500,000 in both North America and Europe, Dissidia only sold 200,000 units in America, but you can thank a year long delay and a huge amout of piracy for that (Square Enix should not repeat the delay mistake again, why wait a year when you can pirate the Japanese version).

All in all, if we take into account piracy, Birth by Sleep will outsell Days, but likely just barely hit two million. If my piracy fear does not exist, it can easily surpass 2.5 million.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
I expected this. BBS has got to be the most successful installment so far.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
If my piracy fear does not exist, it can easily surpass 2.5 million.

Well as of this moment no one can really pirate BbS.

It would appear that, until the hacking community releases a new homebrew app that will patch all the future PSP games to have the water-tight security BbS has, PSP piracy will be very difficult in the future.

tirich91

You are extremely extremely wrong.

Days first day sales in just Japan was 291,000 copies, and it total sold 571,981 units in Japan alone. It has also sold 360,000 units in North America as of October 2009, meaning it has surpassed 500,000 in America as well. No data is available in Europe, but it should be trending just a little bit lower in Europe, meaning Days has sold about 1.5 Million worldwide.

If you use ratios and hope for the best, if BBS sold 468,000 units in Japan, that likely means it will hit around 900,000 units in Japan, on track with Crisis Core and Dissidia, so its definitly in the correct realm of possibility. In the states however, there is no telling how it will fare. While Crisis Core sold over 500,000 in both North America and Europe, Dissidia only sold 200,000 units in America, but you can thank a year long delay and a huge amout of piracy for that (Square Enix should not repeat the delay mistake again, why wait a year when you can pirate the Japanese version).

All in all, if we take into account piracy, Birth by Sleep will outsell Days, but likely just barely hit two million. If my piracy fear does not exist, it can easily surpass 2.5 million.
woops, i made a mistake. I meant to say that days sold a little ove 1 and a half million. that is why i said that BBS has already sold nearly 1/3 of that.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
woops, i made a mistake. I meant to say that days sold a little ove 1 and a half million. that is why i said that BBS has already sold nearly 1/3 of that.

sweet, ya, your end estimates were the same as mine i was wondering why your numbers were off

and thats a good thing dogen.

Suzuku

Seriously, someone link me to where he got that 468,000 number.

Soxas

well its obvious this would happen.people have been waiting 4 years to actually know who those people were in that secret ending and also this could be the best kh game so far.could be in my opinion atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back