• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Here’s why I don’t mind Willa Holland as Aqua

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Awards
Might be an unpopular (or is it medium opinion?) I really don’t mind her voice, I said that many times on my topics when I mention her that I kinda like her voice, Willa Holland kinda fits aqua, that calm gentle voice really fits a character that’s supposed to represent water, I know not many share this thought but I don’t mind if she continues playing the character, tho I will say I didn’t like her voice in the sequels like 0.2 and kh3

Games that I enjoyed willa Holland performance, not as much but it was Enjoyable nevertheless

1. Kingdom hearts birth by sleep

2. Dream drop distance (altho she had one line)

Aqua’s voice here was Good I could tell Willa Holland was giving it her all but at the same time I could tell she wasn’t forcing it to sound different from how normally she is, I believe that bbs was her greatest performance, every time she talks it’s fitting cause Aqua has that kind big sister nature, this character needs a kind gentle voice it’s fitting, imo (i won’t lie I didn’t enjoy it as much the first time but now I got warmed up to it) it really fits Aqua’s character to have such a sweet gentle caring voice

Games that I didn’t like her performance much

1. 0.2 fragmentary passage
2. kingdom hearts 3

I just didn’t like it as much, I simply didn’t understand how she sounds different from how she did from the original bbs, but I made my own guesses, maybe just like haley joel osment trying to sound more evil and edgy as Vanitas in kh3 (which imo sounded bad and corny) maybe she did the same? Instead of just acting normally, she did what haley did and tried to sound different then she normally does? cause I swear aqua doesn’t sound the same after birth by sleep and Dream drop distance, maybe she was told to play this broken weakened character cause of the events of 0.2? If soo then I will give her credit for managing to sound exhausted and broken, but still in the final battle of kh3 she still doesn’t sound like the aqua I heard in khbbs, I just feel she tried forcing it like Haley did with Vanitas, But either way I still don’t want anyone replacing her, she is Aqua for me you can never bring someone else to play her unless Willa herself steps down from the role, similar to kairi and Hayden (bring her back lol)

I can say the same about terra, I don’t want to open new topic so I will say it here, tbh his voice might have been weak in the first part of the game but I still enjoyed it the more I hear of him, the voice really reflects terra’s kindness and naive nature

Edit: as for the main topic yea that’s all

Last edited:

okhi12

Awards
When the first BBS trailers came out I didn't like her voice much and I preferred the japanese VA. But I soon grew fond of Willa's voice the first time I played the game and now I like her a lot. I understand you didn't like her that much in 0.2 because it is a depressing setting after all and her tone had to reflect that but for me Willa really shined there as a VA, even more than in BBS.
However, I felt quite disappointed with Aqua's lines in KH3, though that's not Willa's fault, I'm sure she did her best with the poorly written lines that made Aqua act zombie-like and irresponsive. I know ReMind somehow provided the logical excuse for that with Aqua having a trauma after staying in the darkness for so long, but still... KH3 didn't make her justice.

NoWay

Awards
I think her worst line is in KH3: “He did it. He opened Kingdom Hearts”. I love Aqua to the moon and back but Willa Holland’s performance was so flat and inappropriate in this situation.

okhi12

Awards
I think her worst line is in KH3: “He did it. He opened Kingdom Hearts”. I love Aqua to the moon and back but Willa Holland’s performance was so flat and inappropriate in this situation.
I agree on that one, it sounded like she didn't care when it was supposed to be a terrible situation. But still, I don't think Willa is to blame for that. If I remember well Aqua's facial expression when she said that was slightly angry instead of looking alarmed, afraid or depressed... It would have been even more weird if Willa put some emotion in that line when the character's face didn't match it, so she said it with an apathetic voice.

Foxycian

Awards
When the first BBS trailers came out I didn't like her voice much and I preferred the japanese VA. But I soon grew fond of Willa's voice the first time I played the game and now I like her a lot. I understand you didn't like her that much in 0.2 because it is a depressing setting after all and her tone had to reflect that but for me Willa really shined there as a VA, even more than in BBS.
However, I felt quite disappointed with Aqua's lines in KH3, though that's not Willa's fault, I'm sure she did her best with the poorly written lines that made Aqua act zombie-like and irresponsive. I know ReMind somehow provided the logical excuse for that with Aqua having a trauma after staying in the darkness for so long, but still... KH3 didn't make her justice.
Ok I won’t deny it anymore lol the first time I too didn’t like her voice, not that Willa was bad but she made Aqua sound uninterested whenever she talks, back then i wished they would have brought another voice actress, that’s probably one of the reasons why I didn’t enjoy Aqua’s character and journey the first time I played it... but I managed to warm up to her voice and moved on, and after the game got a final mix version I started liking her voice even more when the game got remaster 2.5 I now can say Willa Holland voice is without a doubt fits Aqua, it took her years getting used to but not really surprised since Willa isn’t a professional voice actress, she needs time.

Back