• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hercules Cup- Cloud strategy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

soranjaxx

I'm having some trouble with Cloud when you face him in the Hercules cup. I do really good at hitting him once I get some combos in but when he starts attacking straight ahead I end up getting killed. What's a good strategy to beat him. Are there any helpful abilities I should have equipped?

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
"Do a Dodge Roll!"

Safest way to take him out is to not rush things. Take your time and if a combo is getting dangerous (as in, making yourself open to attack), then get away. Have Cure in your shortcuts for sure.

As for abilities, everything MP related is helpful, seeing how you'll be using Cure a lot. Other than that, play safe and dodge when needed (like when he's doing the "Sonic Blade"-ish attack).

When he does that jump attack (where he lands with his sword in the ground), be sure to dodge as well. That move's pretty letal.

Korai

Awards
When he does that jump attack (where he lands with his sword in the ground), be sure to dodge as well. That move's pretty letal.
this also makes for a good opportunity to strike when he lands.
For abilities, I would definitely equip slapshot and sliding dash, but you may not want to have combo plus, cuz he tends to strike after you hit him 3 times. Guard and counterattack can help in a pinch, too.
when he does the attack where he starts giving off orange electricity and starts flying around, just do your best to dodge, dont try to attack.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Be patient
Guard and dodge roll does wonders for you...
I never really found Cloud to be too hard...
Sephiroth on the other hand... the only strategy is luck... :cool:

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Equipping slapshot is really good for breaking up any of his combos since his chain swings are pretty fast and hard to interrupt normally.

Also, Strike Raid is the ultimate anti-boss command. It grants you invulnerablity while breaking through their guard and doing good damage

Gram

Banned
Awards
My strategy is mostly just block. Most his attacks can be guarded so guard is a essential ability if your lucky enough to have it that early.
Even his rushing attack can be guarded if you time it right. The only time I dodge roll is during his flying move.

So aside from that flying move I just block his other attacks which should throw him off guard for a quick combo.

Baze

I played this game as a teen, and am coming back to it now to refresh my memory, fill in gaps, and eventually finish 2.5 and start 3.

I have no issues blocking Cloud... until he begins to fly around. Dodge roll? Death roll. Guard? Works about 1/4 of the time. Halp! 😭 PS I am on the solo cup attempt, lvl 45 with the Spellbinder Keyblade, took the staff, and dropped the shield (really bad idea, I know that now lol). I haven’t moved on to Hollow Bastion 1 yet. Should I just move on and come back? I’ve heard the difficulty is much harder after you go to HB.

Baze

Update: I beat it! And the time trial (for anyone playing 1.5 Final Mix on XBox, yes, the pause-restart trick during the time trial fight with Hercules will freeze the clock, allowing you to take your time)!
This time, on the solo Cloud fight, my magic use was more efficient for Cura. And somehow... I figured out how to dodge him lol. Not sure I could do it again though... something to do with the timing and direction of my roll.
Onward!

Back