• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Helpful hints needed for beating the Mysterious Figure with Terra

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora3000

Awards
Hi. I am wondering if anyone who has beaten the mysterious figure with all three characters can help me out telling me the best helpful ways in beating this aggravating boss. I am trying to beat him with terra and there are times when I am half way there but I need hints or hopefully a video in showing me how to survive the part when the MF turns invisible, I can't target him and anticipate his every move, his following attacks are aggravating: sonic blade, the supposedly unavoidable laser attack, doom, whirlwind that scatters all the commands if hit (and that is a real pain:mad:), and his sword dance. I can't tell if it is better to move around or try to block his attacks when he is invisible. I haven't beaten him with ven and aqua yet so I'm trying get terra out of the way knowing he is slow. I would really appreciate it if anybody can give me some helpful hints in how to survive the invisible part.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: helpful hints needed for beating the mysterious figure with terra

Urgh, Terra is the hardest to beat the Figure with because of his crappy movement abilities. I know, because on the PSP I defeated him with Terra first and it had cost me over 70 tries.
Aqua has it much easier against him because her barrier blocks from all sides (even in the air!) and with double jump she can simply overjump some attacks.
Ventus is so small and agile he can often simply outrun/outroll or outglide the attacks of the Figure.

The Invisible part is really the most annoying one and the most effective one is indeed to stay always on the move.
Blocking doesn't really work anymore because when the Figure turns invisible he starts to use two attacks at the same time (i.e. summoning clones and Raging Firestorm concurrently or using Tornado immediately followed by Mega-Flare.)
Moves such as Mega-Flare, Meteor, the Tornado or Raging Firestorm also cannot be blocked at all.

Since Terra's dodge is so crappy, it is advised to chain his dodges together with a surge command because this gives invincibility too and actually allows Terra to dash further than with his normal dodge.

Going in a broad circle at the outside of the arena is recommended with the camera focused towards the middle to observe what exactly is coming your way.
Always dodge sideways, never forward or backwards.
By "unavoidable Laser attack" I suppose you mean his "laser whip". In BBS Final Mix you can evade that attack because it no longer stuns you the whole time, allowing to air-dash out of it.
If you mean the flying drones shooting laser"spears", those are indeed impossible for Terra to fully avoid because of his slow dodge (Aqua can block them while Ventus is fast enough with dodging), so you need to block some of the spears with renewal block and have a cure command at the ready.
Luckily the Figure rarely uses the drones while invisible.
The Tornado as well as Mega-Flare and Meteor need consecutive dodges sideways to be avoided.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards

I learned the trick observing Everglow's recording of the battle. It's great to have proof that this battle is actually possible with Terra, but trust me, it's possible even on Level 1~ So here's Everglow's video: [video=youtube_share;K9yOO9tQv1k]http://youtu.be/K9yOO9tQv1k[/video]
It never hurts to look what other people battled like.

Xohamed

I defeted him as Terra , I only made my command action cure , curega and I used the keyblade ( the one if you finished all arena battles ) and the healing finishing move

With the keyblade you will be able to reach your finishing move with only 1 or 2 strick and with that move you can hit him with the finish and heal your self and damage him as well

Sora3000

Awards

Hey guys thanks for the hints. I am just glad to announce that I had just defeated that black coated fiend as Terra and he didn't turn invisible at all. My commands were 4 cures and 4 thunder surges and the chaos ripper keyblade and I had heal strike equipped in case I needed it. I got the idea of when the battle starts I slide and then immediately use thunder surge on the figure and repeat the process and I finished him off with the rhythm mixer command. Now I have 2 PS3 trophies to go which is to complete the reports for Ventus and Aqua and I hope you are right that since they have better dodging movements and defense, I should have no trouble beating the figure with these two characters and that also goes to beating the armor of eraqus, no heart, and vanitas's lingering spirit.

HK Motendra

Awards

I only was able to beat him as Terra (Its more like, I never tried with everyone else, cause I didn't think I was strong enough and Terra was my wreck-shit, character) on the PSP, using only well timed Fire & Thunder Surge, along with Curaga, whenever an opening came. Tho I was at a mych higher level then (Like maybe 70-80? idr). Now, I'm on 55 or so, and know I can win, but he's so damn annoying cause he doesn't let up at all. Its always just one slip up. Goddamn..

Sora3000

Awards
I am just happy to say that I was able to beat the mysterious figure with Ventus and Aqua already and I made sure I completed 100% of everything with all three characters and I got every single PS3 trophy in the game and also got all trophies for Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded by watching the whole the movie. So now I got all trophies for all three games in KH 2.5 and I even have all trophies for KH 1.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back