• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Either or. To my knowledge, "Aerith" was used exclusively in Kingdom Hearts.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
I think when properly translated from Japanese, it's Aerith. But the American Sq-E staff translated it to Aeris. Then, they corrected that for KH. I'm not 100% positive so yeah.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
In the US, there were two versions. One version named her Aerith, and one Aeris. I had the Aeris version. As to why that happened, I honestly don't know. However, the Aeris version gave rise to that stupid resurrection rumor. Some morons thought you could bring her back because an anagram of Aeris was "raise". Those damn kids with their internet connections...

M

MegaFlare

I also have the Aeris version, in fact, I think most people have the Aeris version (in the US). It doesn't matter if you call her Aeris or Aerith. I used to call her Aeris a lot, but ever since Kingdom Hearts I've been calling her Aerith for a long time. It doesn't matter. I hate how some people get offended if you call her Aeris instead of Aerith. They are both correct, use whichever you prefer.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
I think her name was originally spelt Aerith but is pronounced Aeris.
In KH and AC, her name is spelt Aerith.
It's like Sephiroth is pronounced Sephiros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back