• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Just.....why. My life is already bad enough, yet it keeps finding new fun ways to make me even more miserable. Basically what's happened lately is: 1. My mother cut my curtains saying it's always too dark in my bedroom and now I CAN'T SLEEP! 2. Didn't go to school merit trip to Cedar Point (theme park) so I had to break a promise with my best friend Jaz and she didn't go because I wasn't (and this was going to be the first time she would go to Cedar Point). 3. MY BROTHER IS SO FU**ING INSECURE!!! 4. One friend said to me today that I'll never get a boyfriend. 5. I'm scared my crush likes another girl (or two). 6. When I was going to finally tell my crush I had feelings for him, he went to go sit next to another girl. 7. When my friend was signing my school yearbook, two girls came up and asked if they could sign it. I told them, "Sure!". After my friend was done, the two girls whispered to eachother and snapped at us saying, "Forget it, let's go." And they walked away. My life is cruel to me.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Alright, I'll go through each one best I can to help you out, Howler.

1. That's a little odd of your mom to cut your curtains. Hmm, I'd suggest using a spare blanket to hang on the curtain rod or a towel to block out the light seeping in through your window for you to sleep. I'm really sorry your mom did that to your curtains out the blue.

2. I know you feel bad about breaking a promise to your friend Jaz. However, Jaz accepted that you couldn't go on the Cedar Point trip. If Jaz really wanted to go, she could've gone without you. Except Jaz made the choice to stay with you because her friendship with you was more important. If Jaz regrets it later on or blames you, you need to remember that Jaz made the choice to not go to Cedar Point. Not you. And if it bothers you that much, maybe you should confess how you feel about this with Jaz instead of keeping it to yourself. Seriously, you might feel better talking to her about it.

3. If your brother is insecure, that's his problem. Again, not yours. Unless you're involved somehow with his insecurities. Depends on how old he is too. (I'll need more context to help you out on this one.)

4. Your friend may of been joking unless he/she was serious then that's awful. Your friend cannot predict the future. You could very well have a boyfriend, when you go to college or at a work place, or somewhere across the country. Seriously, don't let someone else get you down because, they might be saying it to make themselves feel better for not having a boyfriend.

5. Alright girl, you need to square your shoulders and stop waiting around for the perfect time to confess. The worst thing that can happen is your crush says no. If he makes you feel bad about it then he wasn't worth it in the first place and will go bald. (I'm joking. Trying to make you feel better. xD) That isn't the end of the world and there are other good looking guys out there for you to have a crush on and fall in love with. And if your crush went to sit with another girl, you might be jumping to conclusions about what that means. Seriously, pull him aside if you have to. Make an excuse to get alone with him. Or ask him to come with you cause it's important.

7. What the heck is their problem? Howler, don't let it bother you. If they couldn't stick around long enough to sign your yearbook then don't sweat it. You won't be seeing these girls again after you're done with school anyhow. Girls like that like to cause drama and be cruel to others. Stick to your friends and think about summer vacation being a few days away!

And please take this advice with a grain of salt.

halfmango

Awards
Just.....why. My life is already bad enough, yet it keeps finding new fun ways to make me even more miserable. Basically what's happened lately is: 1. My mother cut my curtains saying it's always too dark in my bedroom and now I CAN'T SLEEP! 2. Didn't go to school merit trip to Cedar Point (theme park) so I had to break a promise with my best friend Jaz and she didn't go because I wasn't (and this was going to be the first time she would go to Cedar Point). 3. MY BROTHER IS SO FU**ING INSECURE!!! 4. One friend said to me today that I'll never get a boyfriend. 5. I'm scared my crush likes another girl (or two). 6. When I was going to finally tell my crush I had feelings for him, he went to go sit next to another girl. 7. When my friend was signing my school yearbook, two girls came up and asked if they could sign it. I told them, "Sure!". After my friend was done, the two girls whispered to eachother and snapped at us saying, "Forget it, let's go." And they walked away. My life is cruel to me.

Welp, seems like a roudy rumble this one. I'll see what I can do to cheer you up.
1. As Kitkat said, that's a pretty darn drastic way of your mom to make you 'see the sunlight'. I understand you'd be horribly disappointed in her, but maybe you can try to talk to her and tell her that it's hard to sleep now because of it?
2. Can't add much more to what Kitkat said. If you feel bad for your friend, don't be. You can just make it up to her next time something like this comes up. A friendship isn't a one time thing, nor is it something of 'paying debts'. Sometimes you look over your friend's mistake, sometimes you do something in place of him/her. It's a shame that it would've been her first time, but there will be a chance again later.
3. My sister's been through something like that as well, so I think I understand how you feel. And things are worse in the fact that he is your family, someone you can't just 'ditch' cuz you feel like it. I don't know if he's your older brother or younger brother, and age does depend on what you should do about it, but here's from me; if he's young, just leave him be and try to 'ignore' his insecurity. Time will solve this one. If he's old, then you might have to take a step back and listen to what he has to say and talk to him about it.
4. Don't take this seriously, unless that person was your best friend and she/he was being serious about it. There's no way anyone can understand fully about another person, let alone determine you can get a boyfriend or not. IF it was from a serious talk, ask that person where he/she came to that. It could be a simple misunderstanding, it could actually be a mistake you have, it could be nothing.
5+6. Okay, perhaps you needed to find a more 'private place' to confess to your crush. Putting that aside, sometimes having a 'crush' can make simple acts look suspicious. It could be a total coincidence that he just sat next to another girl when you were about to confess to him. The more you are excited about someone, the more you have to calm down and think straight. Otherwise you might be angry about the person you love, which you really shouldn't. If you haven't find a better chance to tell him about your sincerity. And be honest to him.
7. Jerks. What's their problem?
tl;dr: if it's not important, don't think about it. If it's important, talk about it to the person who started it. A little communication can fix a lot of problems and/or misunderstandings.

Chuuya

Awards
Thanks Kit, this is why all of this upsetted me. 1.) My mother had no right to do that. 2.) I feel guilty cause Jaz didn't choose her opportunity to go, she stayed back with me. She didn't have a problem with it. That's why I trust her. Today was her last day and she's in Summer Vacation now so I can't talk to her. 3.) My brother is 16 years old. He has always been like this since I was probably around 6 or 7 (8 or 9 years ago). 4.) The person who said that was Liz. 5.) I'm too shy to tell him. I may make assumptions, but he always sits by her and have a good time everyday. Jealousy much? He really is a caring, funny sweet person and we're very close. Known him and had a crush on him for 2-5 years. 6.) Those girls were jerks. You're right, my Summer Vacation starts tomorrow after my last exams. Thank you for your advice. :)

Chuuya

Awards
Also (hate to double post), thanks Mango. :)

halfmango

Awards
Dunno how much of a help I was, but much obliged. And if you have any more problems, you should speak it out. I'm sure there always will be some people to hear you out ;)

Chuuya

Awards
Thank you, I know who to find if I have a problem. :)

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I have some experience with life trying to kill me. Maybe I can help. =w=

1. She... cut the curtains? Sheesh. Well, I'd do what Kitkat suggested and improvise a new curtain, or maybe pull the blanket over your head at night. Oh, and maybe you could eventually discuss getting uncut curtains with your mom. Maybe compromise by suggesting to let the sunlight in during the day.

2. If she's your best friend, she will understand. It sounds like these circumstances were out of your control. Summer's coming up, so maybe you could find some time to go then.

3. I don't know anything about your brother or how his insecurity affects you. Hey, my brother can be a complete idiot sometimes, and it gets both of my parents pretty mad from time to time. I don't like it, so I stay out of the way. If you're bothered by your brother, just avoid the problems his insecurity causes, if possible. Otherwise, I don't know enough to suggest anything else.

4. Who died and made her an oracle?
(What I mean is, how could she know that? Rhetorical answer: she doesn't, so that prediction of hers is worthless. idk why people even say stuff like that other than to waste time and oxygen, it's so stupid...)

5-6-7. Ey, you know it's possible for a guy and a girl to sit next to eachother but not actually be dating? My friends and I kinda do that every day.
Aaaanyhow, if you feel too scared to confess in person, you could do what I friend of mine did: write it out (on paper, on your phone, doesn't matter) and show it to him. My friend who did that had MASSIVE anxiety issues, and writing helped him spit out his thoughts much better than trying to talk them out. The worst that could happen is finding out that he's not into you, and while that sucks, you won't be agonizing over uncertainties and missed opportunities like right now.

8. Y'know, weird shit like this is why I don't bother trying to figure out people in the first place. Don't let random pettiness bother you, it isn't worth it.

Chuuya

Awards
Thanks Osprey. Me and my family just got tickets for Cedar Point for next month. I already written a note to my crush (and now scared for the results ^_^'). So everything is sort of getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back