• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help with Vexen~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Hey, I'm having a hard time trying to beat Vexen in Twlight Town and no matter what I do, I just can't seem to end his life! I'm wondering if it's actually possible to beat him..

I would like any kind of help and is easy enough to beat him down. :)

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Hey, I'm having a hard time trying to beat Vexen in Twlight Town and no matter what I do, I just can't seem to end his life! I'm wondering if it's actually possible to beat him..

I would like any kind of help and is easy enough to beat him down. :)

Oogie Boogie card is always useful my dear

You can equip Jafar and go at him with Ars Arcanum. Or you can do the letal flame deck and spam that on him. Or you can go for the firaga deck (fire raid, firaga, firaga burst) and throw that at him with the red nocturne.

It's important to time your dodges when he cardbreaks or throws out sleights. Yoou can avoid the ice needles attack by running in big circles. Personally I thought Vexen was harder in the GBA version.

As always try to break his zero cards and try to break his elixir cards. Personally since you can avoid the sleight attacks there is really no need to cardbreak them.

Roxie1563

Awards
Oogie Boogie card is always useful my dear

You can equip Jafar and go at him with Ars Arcanum. Or you can do the letal flame deck and spam that on him. Or you can go for the firaga deck (fire raid, firaga, firaga burst) and throw that at him with the red nocturne.

It's important to time your dodges when he cardbreaks or throws out sleights. Yoou can avoid the ice needles attack by running in big circles. Personally I thought Vexen was harder in the GBA version.

As always try to break his zero cards and try to break his elixir cards. Personally since you can avoid the sleight attacks there is really no need to cardbreak them.

Hmm, looks like I got to work hard for it, lol. Thank you for the tips! :D

Hopefully, I can do it.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
It's not that hard if you strategize beforehand. It's all about building the deck for the situation. Why do you think so many people are able to do the 80hp challenge? So yeah

Gram

Banned
Awards
The strategy I always use is to make a deck focused on fire cards and the fire raid sleight. Make sure to have something to restore your magic cards (like elixir or megaelixir), have a couple zero cards just in case, and a couple cure.

And that's pretty much all I use to beat him. =3

Roxie1563

Awards
The strategy I always use is to make a deck focused on fire cards and the fire raid sleight. Make sure to have something to restore your magic cards (like elixir or megaelixir), have a couple zero cards just in case, and a couple cure.

And that's pretty much all I use to beat him. =3

And where do you find the Fire Raid? I forgot where it was.. -__-' ha..

Seems some of those will as well. I guess it has been too long since I last played COM. Last time I played it was like two years ago!

Gram

Banned
Awards
If I remember right you can find fire raid by using a claim bounty card in the monstro world.

Roxie1563

Awards
If I remember right you can find fire raid by using a claim bounty card in the monstro world.

..... Darn it! Yesterday I completed Monstro without knowing that.. That's just my luck, ha. -___-'

Gram

Banned
Awards
lol It's easy to go back, just go to that black orb in front of the door that leads to a world.

Roxie1563

Awards
lol It's easy to go back, just go to that black orb in front of the door that leads to a world.

Yeah, I know that; just I can't believe I missed the chance to get it..

How would you start off the battle with?

Gram

Banned
Awards
Well first I arrange the deck so that it's fire>attack card>attack card, for as many as I can. Then once I run out of fire cards, or get close to reaching the cp limit, I'll put in two zero cards, a elixar, some cures (like three) and if I have them spare fire cards.

Then I pretty much go in guns a blazing spamming fire raids, then use the elixar to restore all my cards and repeat spamming all my fire raids.
Once out I rely on the spare fire cards to get a couple more fire raids or firaga's in until those are gone and then I chip away what health he has left with attack cards, using zero cards to break his sleights.

The fire raids should take a good chunk of his health out if you make sure to carry a bunch of fire cards with you.

Roxie1563

Awards
Well first I arrange the deck so that it's fire>attack card>attack card, for as many as I can. Then once I run out of fire cards, or get close to reaching the cp limit, I'll put in two zero cards, a elixar, some cures (like three) and if I have them spare fire cards.

Then I pretty much go in guns a blazing spamming fire raids, then use the elixar to restore all my cards and repeat spamming all my fire raids.
Once out I rely on the spare fire cards to get a couple more fire raids or firaga's in until those are gone and then I chip away what health he has left with attack cards, using zero cards to break his sleights.

The fire raids should take a good chunk of his health out if you make sure to carry a bunch of fire cards with you.

Ooh, that's nice.. Mind if I borrow it? xD

Gram

Banned
Awards
Ooh, that's nice.. Mind if I borrow it? xD
tumblr_m9ccycQuqJ1qcscch.gif
By all means~

Gram

Banned
Awards
Thank you~ :3 I like that Gif..

If you don't mind me asking, what level were you on and the CP is?

Hm...depends on which Vexen fight it is....I tend to level grind as I go (clears each heartless room) so I think it would've been between 40 to 55.

Roxie1563

Awards
Hm...depends on which Vexen fight it is....I tend to level grind as I go (clears each heartless room) so I think it would've been between 40 to 55.

Okay.. Looks like I'm spending my time grinding up then. Fun, fun..

TheKelsblade

Gram's strategy works like a treat. He hates fire, and falls pretty quickly if you time card breaks and sleights accordingly.

Tbh, the first fight to me was one of the hardest in the game. (I didn't have as much trouble with Marluxia, even) I thought his Twilight Town match was cake, but that could be because I was pretty under-leveled for the first match.

I'd say if you're still having trouble with Gram's strategy to level a few times, and you should be golden.

Roxie1563

Awards
Gram's strategy works like a treat. He hates fire, and falls pretty quickly if you time card breaks and sleights accordingly.

Tbh, the first fight to me was one of the hardest in the game. (I didn't have as much trouble with Marluxia, even) I thought his Twilight Town match was cake, but that could be because I was pretty under-leveled for the first match.

I'd say if you're still having trouble with Gram's strategy to level a few times, and you should be golden.

Okay! ^^ Vexen is one dangerous member to face in Chain of Memories thus far for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back