• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Help with PCSX2 configuration

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Hey guys, I'm going to attempt to install PCSX2 on a friend's laptop tomorrow to play KH. I'm fairly computer literate (depends on your standards I guess), but I'm pretty new to this whole emulation business so I have a couple of questions and help would be greatly appreciated.

Alright so first things first; controller compatibility. The friend in question owns a PS4, so would a DualShock4 work? I've Googled and found some tutorials that supposedly trick the system into thinking that it's an Xbox controller which should work fine for normal PC games I suppose but does this apply to PCSX2 as well? Also, if not, we'd rather not have to spend $50+ for a DualShock3. So would any fairly cheap off-the-shelf controller with analog sticks and the same basic buttons as a DualShock controller do the job?

Secondly, specs. The PCSX2 official website lists the following as the recommended system requirements:
Recommended

• Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32bit or 64bit) with the latest DirectX
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2 GHz or better OR i3/i5/i7 @ 2,8 GHz or better OR AMD Phenom II @ 3,2 GHz or better
  • GPU: 8800gt or better (for Direct3D10 support)
  • RAM: 1GB on Linux/Windows XP, 2GB or more on Vista / Windows 7

The laptop being used for the emulator has the following specs:

Windows 7 64 bit
DirectX 11 installed
CPU: Intel Core i7, CPU @ 2.00 GHz
RAM: 8gb

Two issues here:
- The recommended processor speed is 2.8GHz but this particular CPU is only 2.00. Is that good enough for KH?
- The graphics card is where I get a bit confused.
vfgha0.png

These are the details for my graphics card. Is this appropriate, and does this mean that I have Direct3D support?

Help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back