• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help with original Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbielans

Also I am 5 levels away from 100. Any suggestions without having to do Hades Cup again? Although that does level you up a lot.

cbielans

I tried to fight ice titan and lost. I thought I might beat him, but I can never get at his head.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Are you good at blocking? That's all you need to do. Just block the ice things he launches at you and it will bounce back and you get a +1 tech boost. At level 95 it should be a while for the Ice Titan to kill you even if you struggle with block.

cbielans

Are you good at blocking? That's all you need to do. Just block the ice things he launches at you and it will bounce back and you get a +1 tech boost. At level 95 it should be a while for the Ice Titan to kill you even if you struggle with block.

Thank You! I just beat him, but I didn't level up at all.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Well if you equip the tech boost I think it's called (the thing that doubles your experience when you block something correctly) it should help with that but on level 95 it's going to take about 3-ish times of defeating the Ice Titan to level up.

cbielans

Can you save at all once you pass the Final Rest in the end of the world. I was debating about beating it part way tonight, if I can save. If I have to beat it all the way through without saving I won't beat it tonight.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Is 1.5 and 2.5 any different from the original or typically the same thing with just a few differences?

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 has KH1 with a number of changes maryadavies listed in her post: new enemies, abilities, and cutscenes. However, 1.5 is also a bundle of games: it's not just KH1, it also includes the second game in the series, Chain of Memories (called "Re:Chain of Memories" because the original CoM was on the Gameboy Advanced), and the fourth game in the series, turned into a movie. Why would they put them out of order like that? It's a long story.

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 has KH2 (the third game in the series) with a number of changes I'll describe in a moment, Birth By Sleep (game 5) with a number of changes, and coded (game 6) as a movie.

KH2's remake on the 2.5 collection has a few bonus features: a new difficulty, a whole troupe of new bonus bosses, some new special enemies, and new cutscenes to explain plot holes in the plot. A lot of the new stuff is just there for people who want a harder game, and so it's optional. You don't need to play the new version if you have the old version, but it's definitely better.

I hope that made sense, I know it's a lot to take in.

Can you save at all once you pass the Final Rest in the end of the world. I was debating about beating it part way tonight, if I can save. If I have to beat it all the way through without saving I won't beat it tonight.

No, you can't. You have to go from the Final Rest to the end of the game without saving.

cbielans

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 has KH1 with a number of changes maryadavies listed in her post: new enemies, abilities, and cutscenes. However, 1.5 is also a bundle of games: it's not just KH1, it also includes the second game in the series, Chain of Memories (called "Re:Chain of Memories" because the original CoM was on the Gameboy Advanced), and the fourth game in the series, turned into a movie. Why would they put them out of order like that? It's a long story.

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 has KH2 (the third game in the series) with a number of changes I'll describe in a moment, Birth By Sleep (game 5) with a number of changes, and coded (game 6) as a movie.

KH2's remake on the 2.5 collection has a few bonus features: a new difficulty, a whole troupe of new bonus bosses, some new special enemies, and new cutscenes to explain plot holes in the plot. A lot of the new stuff is just there for people who want a harder game, and so it's optional. You don't need to play the new version if you have the old version, but it's definitely better.

I hope that made sense, I know it's a lot to take in.

No, you can't. You have to go from the Final Rest to the end of the game without saving.

Thanks for the explanation. I just beat it. Will be going on to KH2 next.

cbielans

Thanks! It kinda sucks that it doesn't save after you beat the game. It's like you never beat it if you reload the game. BTW is KH2 a continuation of KH1 or is KH2 a whole new game?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Thanks! It kinda sucks that it doesn't save after you beat the game. It's like you never beat it if you reload the game. BTW is KH2 a continuation of KH1 or is KH2 a whole new game?

The whole Kingdom Hearts series has one overaching, connected story.
So yes, in a way KH 2 is a Continuation of KH 1, but there's more to it than that.

KH 2 takes place one year after KH 1, and the games Re: Chain of Memories as well as 358/2 Days explain/show what happens in the year between KH 1 and 2.

In-Universe, the story goes as follows:

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep => 10 years before KH 1, also unofficially called KH 0.
KH 1
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (Re: Chain of Memories runs parallel to this entry for a while, as both entries focus on different groups of characters)
KH 2 => one year after KH 2.
Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded => takes place mere weeks after KH 2.
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance => takes place immediately after Re: Coded, serves as a "Prologue" of sorts for KH 3.

That does however NOT mean that one should play them all in historical/chronological order.
This is especially true for Birth by Sleep, as despite it taking place ten years before KH 1, many of the connections and revelations can be hardly understood without having played/seen at least KH 1, 2 and (partly) Days before.
Not to mention the secret ending of Birth by Sleep contains heavy spoilers for the other games except Coded and DDD.

As for the differences between the PS2 versions and the new HD versions for PS3, Blackdrazon already explained the general gist of them.
The somewhat deeper answer for those is that the 1.5 and 2.5 collections contain the so-called "Final Mix" versions of the games which were originally exclusive to Japan.

The three most important entries of the series, KH 1, KH 2 and Birth by Sleep, all got an upgraded and expanded version roughly a year later after the originals were released. This included both gameplay changes (like extra super bosses, extra Keyblades, enemies, abilities, synthesis recipes etc.) as well as further additions/clarifications to the storyline.
With the HD Remasters for the PS3, these upgraded versions of the games were brought to the rest of the world for the first time.

cbielans

Thanks, I only have kH2 so that's what I am playing next. If I need help can I continue to post here? Or should I go under Kingdom Hearts 2.5?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Thanks, I only have kH2 so that's what I am playing next. If I need help can I continue to post here? Or should I go under Kingdom Hearts 2.5?

You probably should start a new thread in KH2's forum, yeah.

RikuOathkeeper

Where are some good places to level grind in FM? Right now Riku's taken back the Keyblade, so I mean I'm stuck in Hollow Bastion until I get it back, but I'd really like to have a chance against Ansem-Riku later on.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Where are some good places to level grind in FM? Right now Riku's taken back the Keyblade, so I mean I'm stuck in Hollow Bastion until I get it back, but I'd really like to have a chance against Ansem-Riku later on.

The answer is probably "grind in Hollow Bastion," I'm afraid. It's where the strong Heartless will be, after the fight with Riku. If you don't want to grind in HB, then the Olympus Coliseum tournaments are a good idea, and you may want to grab synthesis ingredients, since all the Heartless in the game get an upgrade after you clear HB.

Sadly, all the great grinding spots are after the fight with Riku-Ansem. It's like the game is trying to be spiteful.

Last edited:

RikuOathkeeper

I figured, since the strongest Heartless so far will be in Hollow Bastion. Is there a Traverse Town-type area though, and by that I mean cycling through 1st-2nd-Gizmo-2nd-3rd-1st and chaining Heartless spawns like that.

EDIT: And I knew that I get the Keyblade back just before a much easier Riku battle, I was thinking of going back to the gummi ship to grind before facing Ansem-Riku

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I figured, since the strongest Heartless so far will be in Hollow Bastion. Is there a Traverse Town-type area though, and by that I mean cycling through 1st-2nd-Gizmo-2nd-3rd-1st and chaining Heartless spawns like that.

Hm, in Final Mix, a long-term solution might be to rack up a few synthesis. If you make 15 recipes, the game will give you the new Encounter Plus ability, which means there will always be Heartless in a room when you enter, without having to go in a loop.

But you'll probably be fine in Hollow Bastion without it. Just climb up a few rooms, then fall down. Then climb up, then fall down. Hell, during my "Never hit Continue" achievement run, I climbed all the way up, solving all the puzzles, then fell all the way down to a save point. The whole world is your loop. If you stop before the slow elevator ride, you'll cut out the only bit that isn't covered in Heartless.

Last edited:

RikuOathkeeper

Hm, in Final Mix, a long-term solution might be to rack up a few synthesis. If you make 15 recipes, the game will give you the new Encounter Plus ability, which means there will always be Heartless in a room when you enter, without having to go in a loop.

But you'll probably be fine in Hollow Bastion without it. Just climb up a few rooms, then fall down. Then climb up, then fall down. Hell, during my "Never hit Continue" achievement run, I climbed all the way up, solving all the puzzles, then fell all the way down to a save point. The whole world is your loop. If you stop before the slow elevator ride, you'll cut out the only bit that isn't covered in Heartless.
Definitely just found that out. Running through all the rooms, defeating Heartless and getting maybe 1500xp per room, then getting knocked off by a Wyvern and repeating. And I found I can get Tech XP from equipping Counterattack and bashing a Defender's shield over and over until it throws him off balance, and that's boosted me a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back