• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help with original Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbielans

Re: Help with original kindom hearts

Yeah, unfortunately all of the EXP items are from Final Mix. They're there to fix the very problem you're encountering, which is that it's a pain to grind. Sorry to say but it's... just going to be a pain to grind!

maryadavies explained how to get to synthesizing, and it's a good idea. You don't have to go crazy with it but it's basically free items.

Hmm, did you get the scene where Sora says goodbye to everyone?

I don't know if Sora said goodbye to everyone, I did that a long time ago. Also for Monstro, do you need to visit a certain number of times? Every time I visit it says "Monstro's gone. Let's go before he comes back." I got all the puppies except off this island. Ive even beat Behemoth. I just wanted to complete the side games before the end of the world.

cbielans

I also have to beat herclues cup so I can get the yellow trinities. Trying to do that now I have the new blade.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

I don't know if Sora said goodbye to everyone, I did that a long time ago. Also for Monstro, do you need to visit a certain number of times? Every time I visit it says "Monstro's gone. Let's go before he comes back." I got all the puppies except off this island. Ive even beat Behemoth. I just wanted to complete the side games before the end of the world.

Here's another way to check for Pooh: Jiminy's Journal. If the "Chronicles" page for 100 Acre Wood says:

Jiminy Cricket said:
Sora collected all the scattered pages and brought Pooh and his friends back together. A happy ending.

...then you're done.

As for Monstro, are you going to Monstro twice in a row? And you are warping there, not flying there? Twice will usually do it, but it is random. Just Warp to Monstro, and if he's not there, finish flying and warp straight back. If that doesn't work, do it again. You've just got to keep it up.

Good luck on the Hercules Cup!

Last edited:

cbielans

Here's another way to check for Pooh: Jiminy's Journal. If the "Chronicles" page for 100 Acre Wood says:

...then you're done.

As for Monstro, are you going to Monstro twice in a row? And you are warping there, not flying there? Twice will usually do it, but it is random. Just Warp to Monstro, and if he's not there, finish flying and warp straight back. If that doesn't work, do it again. You've just got to keep it up.

Good luck on the Hercules Cup!

Thanks for the tip on Monstro. Finally got to him, but I only did one try this time. I beat Hercules cup before going to Monstro. I am almost done finding puppies. Just one more in neverland with yellow trinity. I've collected a couple torn pages so I don't think I'm done yet. Do I go to the book with the torn pages?

cbielans

Any tips on trinities? Is it necessary to find them all? I need 2 more blue, 1 red, 1 green, 2 yellow and 2 white.

Also any point in doing hades cup and whats up with the ?????? under hades cup?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

Thanks for the tip on Monstro. Finally got to him, but I only did one try this time. I beat Hercules cup before going to Monstro. I am almost done finding puppies. Just one more in neverland with yellow trinity. I've collected a couple torn pages so I don't think I'm done yet. Do I go to the book with the torn pages?

Yes, you go to the book with Torn Pages.

Any tips on trinities? Is it necessary to find them all? I need 2 more blue, 1 red, 1 green, 2 yellow and 2 white.

Also any point in doing hades cup and whats up with the ?????? under hades cup?

You don't need to find all the Trinities in the PS2 version, unless you're trying to complete Jiminy's Journal for fun.

Completing the Hades Cup will give you upgrades for three of your spells, a Keyblade, a Shield for Goofy, an Ansem Report, an Ability, and it is required for the Secret Ending. So there are a lot of good reasons. You don't have to beat it all at once: you get a checkpoint every 10 rounds (so if you clear Round 40 and lose at a later time, you can start again at Round 39). It's sort of like five different tournaments stuck together. Oh, and it will also unlock another ??????.

To see what the ??????s are, try them yourself! They don't have any special prizes in the PS2 version, they're just for fun.

Last edited:

cbielans

Update: I found the green trinity. Not sure if I will find the last red one. There is one in Halloween Town that you need to get before beating oogie boogie and I don't know if I did or not. So I am out of luck there if I didn't get it. If I did, not sure where I missed one. The blue one is a lost cause too. Can't find.

I've been through an entire youtube tutorial and I can't find my last three trinities (green, blue and red). The tutorial was the final mix and I have the original, but it didn't look different. Are there any differences. It's bugging me that I can't find the last three, but I might just have to go to the end. I didn't beat hades cup yet though. Can't get past cloud and leon.

Last edited:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Update: I found the green trinity. Not sure if I will find the last red one. There is one in Halloween Town that you need to get before beating oogie boogie and I don't know if I did or not. So I am out of luck there if I didn't get it. If I did, not sure where I missed one. The blue one is a lost cause too. Can't find.

I've been through an entire youtube tutorial and I can't find my last three trinities (green, blue and red). The tutorial was the final mix and I have the original, but it didn't look different. Are there any differences. It's bugging me that I can't find the last three, but I might just have to go to the end. I didn't beat hades cup yet though. Can't get past cloud and leon.

The best thing you can do with the Trinities is to find a current list (like the one on the wiki) and go to every single one whether you think you have it or not. It's a huge drag. Sadly, you probably are missing the one from Halloween Town, because it's so easy to miss and there are so few others! I think most KH players missed that Trinity, to be honest.

For Cloud and Leon: are you making a habit of using Aero during every boss fight? That can be very helpful. And are you fighting Cloud first, not Leon? That's not a perfect strategy but I find it helps. If all else fails, keep grinding.

cbielans

I went to end of the world and cleared all the way until The Final Rest. After that I went to Hades Cup and actually beat the whole thing. For Cloud and Leon, when I was trying to beat them before i was trying to go after cloud first. I also never knew what Aero did so I never equipped it. I didn't even equip it during this recent battle as I am not quick enough, but I was still able to beat him. I did use it on the last boss I believe in Hades cup and possibly on Hades.

Would you be able to help me obtain the Ultima Keyblade? I'm not sure if it's possible at this point. I didn't realize you had to synthesize every item, so I don't have enough stuff. Ive only done 9 our of 18 items right now so again I don't know if it's possible or if I should just use the Oblivion keyblade. I know I need a lot of Mythril which is hard to obtain and didn't know if I would even be able to obtain it since I've already been to the end of the world. I also know there are 24 total items that can be sythesized but I am only able to do a total of 18 right now but again need more items. Thoughts? Tips? Thanks!

Update:

I need 1 Mythril shard for dark ring
1 Mythril for Magic Armlet
1 Lucid Gem & 2 power shards for golem chain
2 thunder gems and 1 bright crystal for mega-ether
3 lucid gem for defense up
4 power shad & 1 bright crystal for gaia bangle
1 thunder gem and 2 mythril for rune armlet
2 power shards for heartguard
I was able to make three stars so now i have completed 10 of 18 - not sure if that messes up my count above

Last edited:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
GameFAQs: Kingdom Hearts (PS2) Item Synthesis FAQ by WolfKnight

^ What you need is a list. This Synthesis FAQ will help you find what you're looking for. However, it doesn't mention Bambi, who is sometimes even more helpful than just killing enemies. For Bambi, check this FAQ and search for "What items does Bambi drop?":

GameFAQs: Kingdom Hearts (PS2) Magic/Summons FAQ by Varie

Bambi is probably the best source for Mythril Shards. Just go to the room right before The Final Rest, and if normal enemies show up, summon Bambi. If White Mushrooms show up, you may as well play with them instead, they drop useful stuff too.

If you choose to fight another Behemoth for any reason, they can be found at the end of the first room (the invisible maze) in End of the World.

Last edited:

cbielans

Any tips on getting mystery goo quickly? That's all i need to synthesize the last item and I believe you need it to make the weapon. I know you need to get it from white mushrooms, but I can't seem to get them to appear. I saw a video that was getting them to appear in the deep jungle in the camp, but I only got them to appear once, messed up and haven't been able to get them to appear again. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Xelon99

Awards
Any tips on getting mystery goo quickly? That's all i need to synthesize the last item and I believe you need it to make the weapon. I know you need to get it from white mushrooms, but I can't seem to get them to appear. I saw a video that was getting them to appear in the deep jungle in the camp, but I only got them to appear once, messed up and haven't been able to get them to appear again. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
If you're good at juggling, go to Neverland. The Rare Truffles can give you 3 per Truffle. So 12 per turn if you're good at it.

But if you're like me and not good at it, EotW is a very good place. Either you get White Mushrooms (with all possible magic options however) or you get enemies to farm other materials which you'd also need lots of.

Another way I found is this, for both Black Truffles with Mystery Goo and Pot Spiders for Mythril Shards:
Equip Enounter Plus, Guard and Ripple Dive. Switch from the Bazaar to the Palace Gates constantly. This way you'll encounter the Pot Spiders, Pot Scorpion and Black Truffles.
The Pot Scorpion is obvious... break all pots first before killing it..
The Bazaar area is strategic though. If you get regular pot spiders, summon Bambi and just use Thundara on everything. Though even with all 3 Lucky Strikes you'll get only 1, maybe 2 Mythril Shards per time. Plus a Blaze Gem usually too which might be convenient.
If you get the 4 Black Truffles, summon Bambi also. By the time he's summoned, one of the Truffles has fallen down on your platform. Immediately cast Stop(ra/ga) on it and give it a combo*. After this one is dead, the other will drop down on you for the same process. Immediately drop down right after and you'll find the last two Truffles in a corner "trying" to get to you. Simply cast Stop(ra/ga) again and give them both a combo. Ripple Dive helps a lot here since this finisher has a wide enough range for both.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Okay. Here's my method for getting those mushrooms;

1. Save in the area. For Camp in Deep Jungle, save in the tent.

2. Reset the PS2/game (For those of you who play FM, it's the game, exit the game from the controller, then load it back up again)

3. Zone into the area where the shrooms are. They may not reappear right away, I'd say try zoning back an' fourth about 2-3 times, if they don't appear by then it's reload the game AGAIN time.

BTW, this also works with the FM Heartless, but with those, zoning between worlds works too. You might try that with teh shooms, no guarantees though. Also FM has that encounter up ability that helps a bit. But for vanilla, the zone/restart game trick is your only option.

Oh and I might add; I am not good at juggling so I never bothered with the other shrooms.

Last edited:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
If you're good at juggling, go to Neverland. The Rare Truffles can give you 3 per Truffle. So 12 per turn if you're good at it.

But if you're like me and not good at it, EotW is a very good place. Either you get White Mushrooms (with all possible magic options however) or you get enemies to farm other materials which you'd also need lots of.

Another way I found is this, for both Black Truffles with Mystery Goo and Pot Spiders for Mythril Shards:
Equip Enounter Plus, Guard and Ripple Dive. Switch from the Bazaar to the Palace Gates constantly. This way you'll encounter the Pot Spiders, Pot Scorpion and Black Truffles.
The Pot Scorpion is obvious... break all pots first before killing it..
The Bazaar area is strategic though. If you get regular pot spiders, summon Bambi and just use Thundara on everything. Though even with all 3 Lucky Strikes you'll get only 1, maybe 2 Mythril Shards per time. Plus a Blaze Gem usually too which might be convenient.
If you get the 4 Black Truffles, summon Bambi also. By the time he's summoned, one of the Truffles has fallen down on your platform. Immediately cast Stop(ra/ga) on it and give it a combo*. After this one is dead, the other will drop down on you for the same process. Immediately drop down right after and you'll find the last two Truffles in a corner "trying" to get to you. Simply cast Stop(ra/ga) again and give them both a combo. Ripple Dive helps a lot here since this finisher has a wide enough range for both.

Xelon, that's good advice but I'm afraid they're playing Vanilla KH1. That means no Pot Scorpions, Ripple Drive or Encounter Plus. Most of the rest of the advice should be good. End of the World is a great place to hunt for materials, unless you're trying to get the Arts items from White Mushrooms.

One thing I like to do to get Mystery Goos is to fight Black Fungi in a different way. Black Fungi will drop Mystery Goos if you kill them with a "Critical Hit," which is how KH1 refers to the final hit of your combo. But it's not worth it. Instead, hit them with a special attack, which counts as a Critical Hit.

Trinity Limit is good, because it can kill more than one fungus at once, but it can only be used if Donald and Goofy are alive and Black Funguses are good at killing them. And yes, the Fungi often go invincible during the long casting animation. But if you kill even a single Black Fungus with Trinity Limit, you'll get a single Mystery Goo, so with luck and a few ethers it isn't hard to get two or three.

You can also use other special attacks. I've seen a post saying Ars Arcanum is good. This would save you from having to worry about Donald and Goofy, Trinity Limit's slow timing and high MP cost, but Trinity Limit worked fine for me and I never tried any others.

Black Fungi also have a 20% Mystery Goo drop rate if you kill them normally, so you have a 1/5 chance of getting what you want no matter how they die.

If you've never used a special attack before, it's kind of weird: equip the special attack ability, and I recommend you unequip all other special attack abilities. Then, when you get into the right situation, it will appear at the bottom slot of your command menu. For Trinity Limit, it should be there most of the time in combat, so long as Donald and Goofy are alive and you're standing on the ground. For Ars Arcanum, it only works if you and the enemy are on the ground.

Last edited:

cbielans

Okay. Here's my method for getting those mushrooms;

1. Save in the area. For Camp in Deep Jungle, save in the tent.

2. Reset the PS2/game (For those of you who play FM, it's the game, exit the game from the controller, then load it back up again)

3. Zone into the area where the shrooms are. They may not reappear right away, I'd say try zoning back an' fourth about 2-3 times, if they don't appear by then it's reload the game AGAIN time.

BTW, this also works with the FM Heartless, but with those, zoning between worlds works too. You might try that with teh shooms, no guarantees though. Also FM has that encounter up ability that helps a bit. But for vanilla, the zone/restart game trick is your only option.

Oh and I might add; I am not good at juggling so I never bothered with the other shrooms.

Thank you so much! This worked wonders! I only had to reset my ps2 the one time. I kept getting the mushrooms a few times in a row. I kept messing up, but finally got all the mystery goo I need. I know have the Ultima Keyblade!

cbielans

I beat the hades cup time attack and didn't receive Goofy's save the king. I'm confused. I do not want to do the hades cup again. I swear I beat it in the nick of time.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
NP Cb. I had better luck killing the black ones in the vanilla for some reason, but I know that trick works for the ones you cast 3 spells on. I may of used emulator but it's the same principle (RESET!) And in case you ever get KH 1.5, this does work there too. I should know.

I hope that trick helps those that are playing FM as well, I'm serious. It may sound stuuuupid but it works.

[Edit] Gomenasi, can't help you with the cup. I never ever did the time attacks in KH vanilla; only in FM. I just didn't see a reason to. I was wrong, I know now!

Last edited:

cbielans

I gave in and did it again and beat it with 1min 11 seconds to spare. I think I just killed him right as the time ran out last time.

It also helped me gain more levels. I'm not at 95 and trying to get to 100 before defeating the end of the world. Thanks again for everyone's help! I will be going on to KH2 for PS2 once I beat this game. Is 1.5 and 2.5 any different from the original or typically the same thing with just a few differences?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
1.5 is basically the same with added enemies, a new boss that ties into the next games, and new CS's that explain a few things. Also has either cs's or a game you might of missed; Re:Com.

I haven't played 2.5 yet tho I have it now, trying to finish Re:Com first. But I imagine it's pretty much the same.

cbielans

1.5 is basically the same with added enemies, a new boss that ties into the next games, and new CS's that explain a few things. Also has either cs's or a game you might of missed; Re:Com.

I haven't played 2.5 yet tho I have it now, trying to finish Re:Com first. But I imagine it's pretty much the same.

CS? Re:Com? A little confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back