• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help with KH 2.5 Synthesizing!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Kentaaa

Hello everyone!

i just purchased a PS4 a few weeks ago, along with KH 1.5 & 2.5 and KH 3. I haven’t played 1.5/2.5 since 2013 on PS3, so I decided to play through them again before starting 3. I’ve already completed 1.5, and am currently on 2.5, about midway through second-time world revisits. I’ve been diligently collecting synthesis materials, and synthesizing throughout the story, because I always like to craft the Ultima weapons on all my playthroughs. Every time I have received a recipe, or unlocked a recipe through free development, I have crafted it as soon as I gathered enough materials (because at this point in the game I’m not going out specifically farming them, just collecting from normal story-play), because while just playing KH 1.5, I had to craft every item in the game once in order to receive and craft the Ultima Weapon(s), so I was assuming I would have to do the same in 2.5, which is why I have been crafting them as I received them. I am currently Moogle Lvl. 6 (Artisan) and have crafted about 15 items total from both Free Dev. and recipes once, and have not created duplicates of anything (yet). However, I just watched a YouTube guide on synth’ing Ultima in 2.5, and discovered that apparently the recipe is just found out in the open in a chest. The point/basis of my question is, in KH 2.5 is there any need whatsoever to synthesize every single recipe and/or free dev. item in the game (like it was in 1.5)? I do know you must level your Moogle skill to 10 (or whatever the maximum is) in order to halve mats for the Ultima, but you could easily achieve max level by just creating a few items over and over and over again, without ever making every item, whereas in 1.5, you have no choice but to craft every single item. I’m scared of crafting things I shouldn’t be, or crafting too many of something (considering how some materials are limited in the game), hence why I haven’t crafted any duplicates yet, and why I’m now worried that I’ve been crafting one of everything I can so far. Can anyone please give me some insight into whether or not I need to/should craft every item in 2.5, or if that’s a complete waste of time & materials, and I should be just crafting certain items over and over again, and that’s it? Thanks so much for taking the time to read all this and I’m sorry it was so long, but didn’t know how else to explain it :p

AegisXIII

Awards
It's good to craft recipes but also free development stuff as your moogle gain Level. I think you can only synthesize Ultima If your moggle has reached a certain level as you will need to synthesize some of its ingrédients. Also Ultima requires a gem that halves ibgredients since it requires 13 orichalcum+ and the game only has 7.

Kentaaa

Oh yes, I totally know that, and that you will need a certain Moogle Level to craft it. However, you don’t necessarily have to craft every single item in Free Development & Recipes to reach max Mooogle Level, since this can be achieved just by crafting the same items over and over and over again. What I was wondering was, (Moogle leveling aside) is there any reason I should craft every single item available once (just like you had to in KH 1.5), or is it a bad idea to craft every single item, when I could just craft a few items repeatedly to reach max level?

AegisXIII

Awards
Hmmm. I do not remember. I would say no, unless you want to get the fille Synthesis log.

okhi12

Awards
I'm not sure if KH2 was the same, but if I remember well, in KH3 the items on the list are unlocked in batches, each batch unlocking after synthesizing every item from the previous batch (excepting the items that are unlocked by photomissions, I think). If the synthesis list works the same way in KH2 you may want to synthesize all items in order to unlock the best equipment if you're planning to face data battles and lingering will.

Back