• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help Wanted! Accessibility Mod Development - Kingdom Hearts (All)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

speciousstream9

Awards
Website
www.linktree.com
Hi all!

I hope you're all doing wonderfully well today. This is my first time posting in this community, but I'm hoping to find my place with you all ^_^

I'm posting today to look for some additional help for a Kingdom Hearts mod that I'm hoping to implement for all games in the series to accommodate those who have disabilities.

My ideas are the following:

• Provide voice-overs for all text that isn't spoken for people who are hard of sight
  • Provide closed captioning for cut scenes and load zone transitions
  • Create sound cues for intractable objects that have no obvious visual markers (e.g. trinity markers in KH 1 and chests)
  • Provide highlights for intractable objects
It's a lot of work, I know. But it's something that I feel could really help introduce Kingdom Hearts to an entire group of people who could really benefit from basic accessibility features.

While my coding knowledge is limited (I'm an accessibility advocate and communication person) I'd be looking for people with a bit more extensive knowledge to help me make this dream a reality.

As far as my basic coding knowledge goes, it seems like a lot of these things would be object triggers, so it would just be a case of applying it to the event triggers that are already present. As for highlights for intractable objects, these feel like they would be global assets that you'd be providing a halo effect around.

I'd love to know what you all think and if anyone would like to get involved and work together I'd love to hear your thoughts below!

Back