• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Help!! Piccolo Help!! Not Emotional! Just need advise quick!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Star Light

Star Light-Star Bright
Ok I need help. Lot's of help! I have try outs on Mon. for an instrament hard to play, but fun to play. I can do it somewhat ok. I need an easy way to play the song Bravura easy on my piccolo. I need to have the following by mon...

Bravura played very well
Bravura memorized
must be on the piccolo- no cheats by whistling (I think though he knew it be me who try)

I need those. Here is what I know.

Try outs on Mon.
2 freshman
2 softmores
0 jr
4 sr.
Accepting only 3 piccolo players
Try outs on mon.
Must use school instrament
will not be post poned
the program Smart Music is what I must play to.

I need help very quick. I also have a major problem. Look at my time line...

Fri. 6:45am ~ 3:45pm~~ Band Camp
Fri. 6:00pm~ to when we are done~~ Right after dinner I must go plant flowers for GS. Lot's of flowers
Sat. 4:00am ~ 12:00pm ~~ Band Fundraser (Subs- make and deliver)
Sat. 12:00pm ~ Sun. 6:00pm ~~ I'm at my Dad's (unfortanetly) I can't pratice there. The last time I tried, he tried taking my piccolo and selling it!
Mon. 6:00am ~ 3:45pm ~~ Band camp/piccolo try outs.

I'm so doomed!!!!!!!!!! I need help!! Please!! I'm begging!! I'll rep for help!! It must be real help!! Please!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared:

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Whoa StarLight, slooooooooow down there ^^
Now I don't play any instruments at the moment but I do know about stress and it's getting to you hun.
Just relax and rely on instinct, it's try outs after all and experience counts too. So if you don't make it this time just try again another year.

Your life doesn't depend on it so don't let it rule your life, practice when you can, besides family and friends first :)

Star Light

Star Light-Star Bright
I guess, but my rival will just go on being all sassy and a drama queen brat. I'm sick of her. I wish I could do something and proove it. I told her that she was not the only one who played piccolo last year when she was teasing all the other flutes about her playing piccolo. She didn't believe me.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
I wouldn't even bother with her, rivals do some good to your drive but don't wholly base this on showing her up even if she deserves it. She'll learn eventually the hard way.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
All I can really say is start slow and make sure your technique is correct. Then build up speed. But I'm sure you knew that.

Lol, I never practice, and I just know my parts. Pit's easy.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I guess, but my rival will just go on being all sassy and a drama queen brat. I'm sick of her. I wish I could do something and proove it. I told her that she was not the only one who played piccolo last year when she was teasing all the other flutes about her playing piccolo. She didn't believe me.

aww hell naww... anyway, i'm not really sure if there is an easy way. how much free time do you have to practice ?

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
First off, calm down.
If you don't make it, you don't make it, and there's always time for next year. Or just try hard enough for them to take you later.

I don't play any instruments so I can't help you with that issue...
But mainly...just calm down and take it slow. Stress will just get to you.
Big breaths, okay?

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
If you don't make it, you don't make it, and there's always time for next year. Or just try hard enough for them to take you later.

I don't play any instruments so I can't help you with that issue...
But mainly...just calm down and take it slow. Stress will just get to you.
Big breaths, okay?

Exactly. There's always next year. Everytime I step into tryouts for any sport, I always have the mindset that if I don't make it, I at least have to give it my all and remember there's always next year.

I would imagine the same would go for a school band, but, I never bothered with a school band. Preoccupied with sports, and I'd rather play guitar on my own.

You can't stress over it. If you stress over it, you'll likely screw up. Happened to me in the championship soccer game in 7th grade. We were in penalty kicks, I was stressing, I missed, we lost by 1 shot.

Again, I would assume stress and giving it your all are universal for tryouts of any kind. Also, you need to concentrate and make sure you know the notes the best you can.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
You could not be on the interwebz, for one.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Shhhh, Raz. Keep the hate out of here, please. Remember, no flaming?
Flaming?
Instead of being here, she could be on her Piccolo. Practicing. I see it as an easy solution, not flaming.
=/

But sorry if I offended anyone. :3

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Oh, I figured you were just making a simple "GTFO" comment.

XD, I said the same thing, if you'd kindly look up. (hidden reference)

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Okay first off, don't freak out. Relax. There's always tryouts next year as well as this year.
What grade are you in by the way, if you don't mind me asking, if Freshmen, you've got three years left, so no need to panic. Take it easy. Chill. Breathe for second. But I suggest that you practice, practice, practice, and don't think pesstimistically and all. Not to mention as many other mentioned before, concrete, and don't freak out. Relax. Just do you best and give it a go and don't make things more complicated then it already is. Anyways, I wish you the best of luck and that you do will. Remember: Practice makes perfect and freaking out/worrying doesn't help. Hope this helps!

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Flaming?
Instead of being here, she could be on her Piccolo. Practicing. I see it as an easy solution, not flaming.

So true. It really isn't helpful to multi-task while prcticing.Too many distractions, and you end up f***ing everything up.

terra2.0

Yah it is kinda pointless to try to multitask...
Plus their is a slim chance anyone hear plays the piccilo.
Just keep at it rent vidio's or something I do that for my drum's and it helps alot.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yah it is kinda pointless to try to multitask...
Plus their is a slim chance anyone hear plays the piccilo.
Just keep at it rent vidio's or something I do that for my drum's and it helps alot.
There probably aren't as many videos out there for piccolos as there are for drums, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back