• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

help on CD scratch

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Cerberus

\\'arrior Lacrosse.
Awards
What I do with scratches, is rub the disc in circles with Rubbing Alcohol. Do it with like those little cotton balls, always works for me. Then dry it off with more cotton things.

The M.C.

JTTW
toothpaste and candle wax works? i thought it would just ruin it... but i never had a disc that was scratched too bad. i think white falcons idea might work. hehe i thought liquids would just ruin it.

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
Disc buffers really don't tend to work well.. -.-

As for the alcohol and cotton... DON'T.
That will tend to make matters worse.
Rubbing alcohol CAN damage cd-discs..
The cotton can ALSO damage the cd.
(The cotton won't create a 'deep' scratch on the disc, but when 'rubbing' it, it will generally create alot of 'wide' or longer scratches.. which can ruin the disc even worse.)

The best thing is to go with the toothpaste option.
It's really the best tried & true method.
(And it's fairly cheap. ^.^)

Remember when using 'clothes' to clean the cd.. use 'lint-free' clothes.
(Other types of fabrics can damage the disc in the same manner as cotton.)

And rub in an OUTWARD motion.. NOT in a circular motion!!!
(Because rubbing in a circular motion will cause the disc to become more scratched, than if you rub outwards.)

That's really all I need to say on the matter.

Laters.

~~Azurith

Zero Cerberus

\\'arrior Lacrosse.
Awards
It scratches it even more? My PS2 gave me a Disc read error when my Socom was all scratched up. I did the alcohol and cotton thing, and boom, it read it just fine, and its been working since then.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
oh, ya the toothpaste thing should work...i read it in this huge science mag, and i tried it, and it worked perfectly o_O, so u should try that.

Kingdom2917

Im so cool, I can STILL receive rep
Website
www.myspace.com
Probably almost any toothpaste works, I read this earlier and infact I had a game that needed to be fixed, so I went ahead and tried the toothpaste, I used an all white toothpaste no flavor/color. I also did the straight lines like Azurith said, I put it in my ps2 and amazingly it worked. So people who ask for more info, its kinda hard to give info, just do it instead.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
Why do I want to create a scratch on a disc just to try out this toothpaste trick? ;_;

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
dark_dutchman said:
I have some light scratches on my FFVIII disc that i want to remove, i've already read MegaFlare's thread but i'm still a bit sceptical. So, if i repair it with toothpaste or candle wax, i can just put it in my PS2 without damaging it?
My FFVII had the same problem, here's how I fixed it.
Go buy a 2nd hand version, take it home, switch your disc with the one from the one you just got so you have the one that works, then take it back and tell them the one you bought "Doesn't work ;_;" and get your money back, or at least store credit ^_^

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
You realize of course that doing THAT will fry the cd..

If you don't believe me, do it with an AOL cd..

It fries the cd.. it won't be useable in ANY cd-rom drive..
But it sure will make the disc look pretty.. ^.^

Another thing:
Never stick 'metals' into a microwave.. so why the hell are you putting a cd into the microwave..? (CDs contain a thin aluminum coat under the label.) Doing that can cause your microwave to malfunction AND/OR explode.

Just don't even attempt this..
Its pure stupidity.

~~Azurith

Last edited:

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Azurith said:
You realize of course that doing THAT will fry the cd..

o rly?

Azurith said:
If you don't believe me, do it with an AOL cd..

...and lose all my coasters?

Azurith said:
Another thing:
Never stick 'metals' into a microwave.. so why the hell are you putting a cd into the microwave..? (CDs contain a thin aluminum coat under the label.) Doing that can cause your microwave to malfunction AND/OR explode.

Just don't even attempt this..
Its pure stupidity.

no wai!1!

kingdom2917 said:
ROFLSKEET, SN your not serious? Are you? Cause if you are that would be funny. Maybe I should try that with my CD :p

Joke get!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back