• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help! (Need a last name)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seris

My apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, I figured this was it.

So, I'm writing a fanfic. Not a Kingdom Hearts one necessarily, but one where I will take inspiration from KH for equipment and such.

I'm naming my character Roxas. No, he isn't actually Roxas, I just like the name. Trouble is, I can't think of a last name for him.

Anyone able to help me out here? He'll have long (Sephiroth length,) spiky silver hair, if that'll help you in any way. He's also an antagonist, it's an OC-into-the-Marvel-Universe Gamer fic.

He'll be extremely cunning, manipulative, aloof, and cruel. He see's these as people drawn onto a page, not actual beings. Of course, he won't act like this on a day to day basis; he'll be manipulating people like the Fantastic Four, Avengers/SHIELD, etc. to obtain more skills, perks, stat points, and just more power in general.

Hope that'll help give you ideas.

Be aware that I am a bit picky, so if I say no to your recommendation that doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bad one (though it very well could be a bad one,) just that I don't think it's right for my character.

Anybody able to help?

P.S: I would also be down for a beta reader, lul.

Awards
Do you have a particular letter you want it to start with, like for initials and all that?
Also, where does the character come from(so that the name corresponds with country)?

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Ah, the beautiful struggle of coming up with names. I go through this all the time. To the point I have a list of random names and things I think sound cool, so I'll flip through that and might think up some while typing this.

Name sites and articles like the one Howler linked to are great helps and first names can work as surnames, either as they are or with some tweaking. I also love going through lists for plants/flowers, minerals/gems, and animals. Randomly pressing keys on the keyboard and adding vowels where needed can be pretty fun too.

Anyway, here's some:

Krueger
Oleander (a poisonous shrub with pretty flowers)
Dwale (deadly nightshade)
Vrede (Dutch for peace/quite)
Manchineel (a poisonous tree)
Alfonzo
Alabaster
Yarrow (a white flower)
Scaboisa (a white flower)

And a couple I made up just now:
Alderlace
Yarrowheel

mfw 12 views no replies, feelsbadman

28 views, no replies... oof
We get a lot of lurkers, so those views are probably from people without accounts.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
boxas. roxas boxas, but you can call me roxas. or roxas roker, perhaps al roker’s son?

kidding aside: what is the setting? character’s ethnic background? how does society deal with folks’ name? and even if you like the name, using a name that was created specifically for another piece of media is a little lacking in creativity, no?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
boxas. roxas boxas, but you can call me roxas. or roxas roker, perhaps al roker’s son?

kidding aside: what is the setting? character’s ethnic background? how does society deal with folks’ name? and even if you like the name, using a name that was created specifically for another piece of media is a little lacking in creativity, no?
Maybe, but the name's been around well before the character too.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roxas
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/roxo#Galician

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Roxas Ball, the fourth son of Lavar Ball who was cast out by his father and just wants to be as loved as his brothers.

or Roxas Boxas, that one is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back