• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

HELP ME!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Destiniesrapsody

Alright, I am so confused and want somebody to please explain to me how all of you get to play Final Mix+ and it wasn't even released in the US yet! If anybody can tell me how to play it on a US console or how to make my US console Japanezable, please answer.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
To play the KH: Final Mix games you need to buy a product called "Swap Magic" for your PS2, which is a disc you put in your PS2 which runs software to temporarily disable region lcoks on the next game you place in your PS2. Once you have that, you need to import the KH: Final Mix games from Japan, the games will be entirely in Japanese and the Swap Magic will not translate the game in any way. Once you have the game, you place Swap Magic in the PS2, it boots up and tells you to insert an imported PS2 game, then put KH: Final Mix in your PS2, you will need to do this every single time you want to play KH: Final Mix.

Buying the Swap Magic and both KH: Final Mix games should cost you anywhere from $100 to $150. Personally, if I were you I wouldn't bother importing them, the KH Final Mix games are not that great, the new content is not all that special, and you won't be able to understand the game at all, and the games will be 90% the same game as KH and KH2, identical gameplay-wise. Any new content in the KH: Final Mix games that's worth seeing, you can watch in Youtube videos with subtitle translations so that you can understand them

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
When you decide to buy it, you'll have to keep in mind that a few problems can occur when you buy it for a PAL console.

- resized screen (small border at the bottom)
- slightly smaller game speed (but it really doesn't matter that much)
- voice and sounds are sometimes out of synch in normal cutscenes; sound is completely messed up in secret movies, intro, ending, etc.

However, I think these problems don't occur on a normal 60hz TV.

Contrary to what MuffinMan said, if you want to buy KH2FM+ for all the extra battles and the new areas, I think it's very well worth the trip. After all, you can't experience that through YouTube. If you plan to buy it just for the new scenes, I'd really suggest watching them online.

And understanding the game in Japanese isn't really that hard. Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix has English VAs and the menus and texts aren't really that hard to figure out if you've played the original. Besides there are translation guides at Gamefaqs.com for example, to help you out.

Re: COM might be a little harder to understand, since the game is completely in Japanese, but if you've played the original, the only things you'll have to check up are the new cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back