• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help me understand Berserk Charge

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I'm trying to fight some Mushroom XIII and am having trouble understanding the Berserk Charge ability.

• Some sites have recommended equipping the Fatal Crest and Berserk Charge. Does this doubling up actually do anything?
I'm Shield, so I'm still a few levels from getting the ability and haven't been able to test. Everything below is info I got from using the Fatal Crest alone.

• Berserk Charge claims to let a combo continue indefinitely, but it doesn't seem to work as described? I'm not dual-wielding or anything, Sora just takes a breather instead of using a finisher. The combo doesn't continue indefinitely, it still stops, albeit briefly. It's very obvious on Mushroom IX, because that breather is when I lose. (Berserk Charge does work without pause on Wisdom Form, however).
  • Some Mushroom guides recommend you use Berserk Charge and Horizontal Sweep, but I'm not sure what this is trying to accomplish? Maybe I'm just doing something wrong. I've had some success using Horizontal Sweep to "cancel" Sora's breather from the last bullet point, but it's not a universal success.
I'm going to check some videos as soon as I post this, but since I seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of how this ability even works, I figured I'd ask for details.

Anagram

Banned
As far as I know it doesn't double up but I've never used Berserk Charge outside wisdom so I'm not sure if it pausing is normal or not.
Mushroom 9 is the one by Yen Sids Tower right? The way I beat it was equip Fatal Crest since I didn't have Berserk Charge on it's own and I equipped fenrir to master form and just kept wailing on it.

I lost a but of times but finally got lucky enough for it to get stuck long enough to get my needed hits. Having a keyblade with long reach helps.

LedxirnSimon

As far as I know it doesn't double up but I've never used Berserk Charge outside wisdom so I'm not sure if it pausing is normal or not.
Mushroom 9 is the one by Yen Sids Tower right? The way I beat it was equip Fatal Crest since I didn't have Berserk Charge on it's own and I equipped fenrir to master form and just kept wailing on it.

I lost a but of times but finally got lucky enough for it to get stuck long enough to get my needed hits. Having a keyblade with long reach helps.

You meant mushroom 8?

I've found a little more easier way to keep it up in midair using final form just to time it correctly in order to combo it away. :)

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
As far as I know, it doesn't double up when having Fatal Crest and Berserk Charge. For Mushroom VIII, I equipped Fatal Crest and went into Master Form and spammed Thundaga until I ran out of MP. Then I just attacked that mushroom until I got the hits needed. It...took me a while to do it.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
To clarify, I did in fact mean Mushroom IX: the spinning one. I attack, Sora pauses because Berserk Charge really doesn't continue indefinitely, and it stops spinning during the pause.

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
To clarify, though I'm not sure how this even happened, I did in fact mean Mushroom IX: the spinning one. I attack, Sora pauses because Berserk Charge really doesn't continue indefinitely, and it stops spinning during the pause.

Ah. Well, for me, I still equipped the Fatal Crest keyblade, but I instead went into Wisdom Form. When I did this, I cast Curaga so that the Berserk Charge ability from Fatal Crest would take effect and just spammed the X button to fire off mah lazar beams.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Good to know. I'm confused, then, why the guide I'm looking at said to go in plain form, considering it uses Berserk Charge and Wisdom Form elsewhere. I imagine that will solve most of my Berserk Charge problems in general, we'll see.

Anagram

Banned
Good to know. I'm confused, then, why the guide I'm looking at said to go in plain form, considering it uses Berserk Charge and Wisdom Form elsewhere. I imagine that will solve most of my Berserk Charge problems in general, we'll see.

I ran into that problem. Theres lots of guides on the mushrooms for some reason. I used most of them with improvisation.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
The nice thing about these kinds of challenges is that, hypothetically, there are multiple ways to do them. Hypothetically. In practice, some ways are so good and some of them so bad that you never know if the internet is giving you good advice...

Anagram

Banned
When it comes to the mushrooms I believe it's all troll advice. lol
No matter what strategy you use it requires some luck.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
When it comes to the mushrooms I believe it's all troll advice. lol
No matter what strategy you use it requires some luck.

Ha, sadly, most of time this seems to be the case.

Thank goodness for predictable Mushrooms like V. At least they're good for harvesting Crystals.

Anagram

Banned
Ha, sadly, most of time this seems to be the case.

Thank goodness for predictable Mushrooms like V. At least they're good for harvesting Crystals.

lol You must be more skilled than me. I had trouble with nearly every mushroom. I can't even bring myself to bother them again to harvest things.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Several Mushrooms do indeed need some luck on beating them. Especially I, VIII, IX and X.

Others however just need the correct strategy and in some cases correct positioning of your character (i.e. Mushroom XII and VI).

Mushroom V is probably the easiest for farming as all you need is Limit Form and its Zantetsuken to almost always kill it in 10 seconds or less.
A save point is nearby although it isn't even really necessary to leave the world and come back to refill the drive gauge as each time you defeat a Mushroom, it drops a Driver item to refill the gauge.

Mushroom II is also easy if you're good with blocking (or have enough Ethers for constant use of Reflega).

Shinra

Banned
Awards
the way to use berserk charge against mushroom 8 is that you cast curaga to go into berserk and lock onto the heartless... then jump into the air and make sure you have horizontal slash equipped and just keep pressing square...

Xelon99

Awards
I've never noticed it stacking. The Fatal Crest is more useful if you don't want to use other keyblades (FC has very good reach) or don't have the ability unlocked yet.

The combo Berserk Charge gives you is infinite if you're out of MP. Once it's recharged, you're back to normal combo's. In the case of juggling an enemy you can blame the ceiling of the area, as that's the most likely cause to push the enemy away. As you notice with the Mushroom, Berserk Charge does hit the enemy upwards slightly. Once you hit the ceiling, it'll move in an other direction.

Berserk Charge and Horizontal Sweep is a definite winning combination to juggle enemies. It works well with the mushroom and with Lingering Will, as well as the Data battles. It's not a 100% win guarantee however. Data Organization battles can force the revenge value to counter you, no matter what. And the Mushroom is 90% luck.

For the Mushroom I also recommend just using Berserk Charge and Horizontal Slash. Take off all MP recovery abilities as well as high jump and aerial abilities. Cast cure, jump and hit him once normally, then spam square to hit him with Horizontal slash. You don't need to touch any other button and you should reach 99 before your MP recharges. I found this one the easiest to farm for Crystals

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Okay, that sounds good, and thank you both for explaining what Horizontal Slash is for (I'm now even more confused as to why the guide was suggesting it for Mushroom IX!). This sounds like a solid strategy for VIII.

Badger

It took me a while to figure out how Berserk charge worked, but it's only active when you are out of MP. So while you're MP is charging you will have unlimited combos.

I used berserk charge and horizontal slash on the spinning mushroom and it was super easy. You just had to spam square and you continuously follow him around in a circle keeping him spinning. I forget the exact combination of abilities so you might have to play around there. I think basically turn everything off except horizontal slash and make sure you don't have any mp haste on cause you want the berserk to last as long as it can.

[video=youtube;_KdCYuadOrA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KdCYuadOrA[/video]

Badger

Oh btw, once I learned this strategy I thought No. 8 would be a breeze. (8 was the hardest mushroom for me to get, I must have tried over 100 times) But every time I'd get up to 70 hits the mushroom would be flung just out of range and I wouldn't be able to get to it in time. It was so flippin frustrating. I think I ended up using wisdom form because you had longer range and could shot from farther away.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Thanks Badger. I barely pulled through Mushroom 8 as it was, I would have tried your strategy next if I hadn't gotten lucky.

New question: I'm down to Mushrooms I and X, two of the few Mushrooms where your stats matter. I suppose I could give I a few more tries, but I don't want to waste time on X if my stats are too low. I know to use Final Form. Were any of you able to beat X below level 99? At level 99? Only after swallowing two dozen Strength ups?

Xelon99

Awards
For Mushroom I you definitely want Final Form. You can go with either combo+ or not, that doesn't matter too much. You can get 9 hits in at most anyway. The thing to beat this one is timing. Wait half a second before you RC to get the second one, Quick Slide. This catches the Mushroom off guard immediately for a full attack. Just repeat this exactly the entire time and you'll get the requirement. No need for any boosts, they wont help you. I believe you can miss one time if you're fast enough on your feet.

For 10, boosts don't help you either. It's the same mechanic with Lingering Wills health. The more hits you get in without failing, the harder you hit. The last time you'll hit over half a bar per strike. As long as you are correct every single time, you'll get it in the required time. The pause trick really works wonders on this one.

They'll both take a few tries most likely, but they're not that bad. But stats only matter for Mushroom 4, 5 and 7, where damage is a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back