• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Help me out

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
I got a problem with talking to girls. If there is a girl i like or a girl I see that looks good, I can't ever muster the confidence to actually go up and talk to her. I'm scared that I might not say the right thing or that I might forget what i'll say. I'm scared of what the girl might say. Some girls can be hurtful with their words. Sometimes I just freeze and not talk to the girl, losing my chance to talk to her and if a girl talks to me, sometimes i'll freeze and don't know what to say. Any help for my situation?

Cid Highwind

The Captain
i have that problem when i first meet girls. i can't seem to carry on a conversation. the thing i do now, is i get to know the girl better. just ask questions, most girls at my school enjoy talking about themselves. if you get the chance, relate to one of their comments. after you get to know them somewhat, begin a little flirting and as this process continues, talking to that girl will be as easy as talking to one of your friends. at a certain stage, you are able to just act as yourself without them caring or w/e.

idk, this just works for me. you just need to build up the confidence to start talking to her. one thing i did learn is if you don't talk to them, they probably won't talk to you.

pk para

Yah, striking up a conversation can be hard. P.S. don't do something that'll make you look like a creep (probably shouldn't've said that =P).

Get to know them and then relate. Talk about school. Talk about common interests (which you might not have any, but you might as well hear what she thinks).

If you only see them in the hall, getting to know them can be harder than if you share a class. It's easier to start a relationship wit comments that are relevant.

If anything, just say hi, my name is so-and-so =].
Some of them will probably be surprised or say 'ok...', but the cool ones will respond with something meaningful (like hi, my name is so-and-so). Then after that, ask something or say something that you thought about before (so it doesn't go all akward while you think of something to say) that involves her.

An example would be something along the lines of 'so, you play soccer?', but doesn't have to involve sports (usually involving school or something that just happened to both of you).

Try to be friends with a girl or 2.

Just talk to them like you would boys, except keep it appropriate for mixed company unless it's pretty funny.

Hope I've helped somewhat =].

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
crashkid77.deviantart.com
Bad way to start a conversation, courtesy of National Treasure:

"Woah, your accent. Pennsylvania Dutch?"

"Saxony German."

"... You're not American?"

If you stay away from this, your good. From my experience, you do what pk says and find common ground. One thought: you start the conversation, then let her continue some so you can continue some more and you end up in one solved girl approaching problem.

- The above courtesy of Dr. Crashkid77, your friendly neighborhood Davy Jones fanatic... and PhD.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
I got a problem with talking to girls. If there is a girl i like or a girl I see that looks good, I can't ever muster the confidence to actually go up and talk to her. I'm scared that I might not say the right thing or that I might forget what i'll say. I'm scared of what the girl might say. Some girls can be hurtful with their words. Sometimes I just freeze and not talk to the girl, losing my chance to talk to her and if a girl talks to me, sometimes i'll freeze and don't know what to say. Any help for my situation?

awww. I want to hug you so badly!

I think the main thing here is confidence issue, as you said. A bit a self belief can't go astray. You have to realise you are an AMAZING person - you have such a unique personality, and your caring side comes across so easily, and you are also incredibly good looking. So you have to forget about the consequences, as it's quite doubtful that the girl would shun you or treat you harshly. Just don't be intimidated, as you are every bit as good, and probably better than the girl that you are trying to talk to.

Also, girls get quite nervous too, talking to men. You aren't alone ;)

I think KoD's advice is also really good, and very true. All you can do is try, and practice makes perfect. Talking to female friends is a good start to improve your conversational skills.

Good luck Cort. I wish I could help more <3

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
Talk to every girl like you've known her for (not literally that's severly creepy)

Be spontanious, if you feel like doing something crazy do it, if you're confident enough you can get away with anything

Riku's Twilight

Website
www.freewebs.com
I got the same problem. You need to get her to know u a little. Then invite her somewhere, like for me, I'm inviting her to my B-Day Party. Get her alone, then ask her if she wants to go out with you. But make sure you have thje money to support her first. Don't be caught off guard if she asks for "the big popcorn." Just give her what she wants, but make sure you have some control, too. One more extremely important thing: Make sure she's right for you. Like for me, she's really sweet and gorgeous. And make sure when you ask her out, you take her out. Don't leave her hanging. A girlfriend isn't just for rep, she's for you to take care of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back