• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

HELP in Wonderland :O

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elviriel

Hey guys. This is my first time EVER playing "Kingdom Hearts" and at the moment I am completely stuck on the boss in Wonderland. I must have tired to take him down about 20 times but so far every time has led to my death. What I am wondering is this: Can I leave Wonderland, upgrade my equipment and come back to Wonderland to take the boss? My attempts so far has been to leap off the shelf in the corner, the chair and the table all the while hitting him with the Keyblade. I've also used spells like "fire" and "blizzard" on him. I've knocked him unconscious several times during a round but he always seems to get back up again... witch is relay getting on my nerves. Any ideas? How many times must you knock this guy out in order to beat him? Any help is very much appreciated.
:smile:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
This is the sort of boss that's best to use the "hit and run" tactic. It swings wildly which makes it hard to stay close to for too long, so the best thing to do is time it right, smack it a few times, run away, and hit it with Blizzard magic while far away, then repeat. Try to stay on high places with this one is good too. Blizzard is something you want to use a lot so it'd be a good idea to stock up on Elixirs and always lock on when you use magic. It's a hard target to hit so that'll help a lot.

This boss has always been a pain in the butt, you just have to get the feel for it.

Elviriel

Oki. Thank you for the fast replay. He sure is a pain in the butt (to put it nicely) but hopefully I will get him soon.^^

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Just to add something, if you use magic use only Blizzard. If you use fire one of Trickmasters clubs will fire up, and after that he starts shooting fireballs. These can be guarded or avoided with a well timed dodge roll, but it is an annoying attack. All though after some damage he fires up both of his clubs, and you still have to deal with this attack.

Trickmaster also collapses time to time like you noticed and that is the best opportunity for damage(all though to achieve this you must hit him a few times). Hit and run like Ruran said.

Elviriel

Ok. I´m gonna try a few more times before I go to bed and hopefully it will work for me now. Thank you for the tips about using only the "blizzard" spell. How many times does it take to knock him out? It is starting to get on my nerves. Seriously...

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Ok. I´m gonna try a few more times before I go to bed and hopefully it will work for me now. Thank you for the tips about using only the "blizzard" spell. How many times does it take to knock him out? It is starting to get on my nerves. Seriously...

Hmm. I don`t remember any specific amount of hits, but a few aerial combos should do the trick. The combo finisher is the most powerful hit(also a critical hit), and you should try to pull of full combos against him.

Trickmaster is one of those bosses were KH1 bad platforming can be seen. It is not that there is any wrong with levels, it is just that Sora´s mobility isn`t that great. Especially at the early parts of the story. Luckily Sora will get abilities which improve his mobility(like high jump)later on.

It is ironic that while Sora`s mobility was greatly improved in KH2, the levels were downgraded. Luckily the KH2FM has Cavern of Remambrance!

Elviriel

Hmm... well I am 1 1/2 hour in and still no luck. When you say combos what do you mean? Right now I´m dying at the fire bombs. How do I perform a dogeroll? It says AP1 I think, but where is that on my PS3 controller? This guy is really frustrating... I do know what you mean about mobility because I also have trouble jumping on the chair (of all things) and the camera movements are also quite annoying...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Go to configuration in the menu, change the camera to inverse for left and right.

To dodge roll, press the square button. You must first equip it in your Abilities.

Bobjam

Awards
It's funny, I remember getting stuck on this boss too when I very first played KH so I feel ya for sure ^^ by combos we mean essentially pressing 'x' 3 times to execute the standard combo that can be done on the ground and in the air as well. The hit and run strategy is for sure your best bet.

Also, eventually you will be able to see the enemies health bar with an ability called 'scan' so look out for that later on and that should help out with bosses as well.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hmm... well I am 1 1/2 hour in and still no luck. When you say combos what do you mean? Right now I´m dying at the fire bombs. How do I perform a dogeroll? It says AP1 I think, but where is that on my PS3 controller? This guy is really frustrating... I do know what you mean about mobility because I also have trouble jumping on the chair (of all things) and the camera movements are also quite annoying...

By combos I mean the amount of hits/attacks Sora does. Right now he does 3 hits, correct? The final hit is the strongest, and that is called a combo finisher.

About dodge roll. Dodge roll is an ability you can equip in the ability menu. 1 AP means 1 ability point. You gain more ability points by leveling(and by AP up items), and the more ability points you have, the more different abilities you can equip. Different abilities are also unlocked by leveling up, and going forward in the story. Dodge roll is performed when you are moving Sora, and you press the square button. You gain guard on later levels, and that can be used when Sora is not in motion an you press the square button.

In the ability menu there should be a description what the ability is, what it does, and how to perform it. Also how many ability points you need to equip that ability is also shown in the ability menu.

Hope this helps. :)

EDIT: Ninja`d by Master Spockanortand and Bobjam.

Elviriel

Thank you all so much for great advice. I will see what more I can do about this guy tomorrow. Sadly I have an early start tomorrow for my LIS class (library and information science) so I have to sign off now. But I will let you know how it all works out. Thank you so much yet again for all of your help guys.
:redface:

Thank you for the camera tip. It works so much better that way.^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Some guy

Wow, being stuck on this boss for so long is weird ... I'll try to help though:

- jump when he smashes the ground, use dodge roll for everything else;
- jump on the table whenever you can, then jump towards the boss and combo it! (use the chair as a stepping stone if you're having trouble);
- when he's stunned, rack in as many hits as you can and take those HP orbs;
- don't forget to equip your abilities and potions for the whole party.

Good luck!

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Personally, I think the hit and run strategy is bad for Trickmaster. If you don't stay on him, he's more likely to light up his hand-things-matches (whatever they are), or to stomp around the room (his feet causing damage), or hit you from afar. I find it's easier to constantly jump and hit him that way, even if it's difficult to get a combo; just make sure when he's leaning to the side that you jump before he swings down to hit you. I keep doing that until he's dead. Jumping on the table isn't worth it because he'll smack you, smash the table, or your Blizzard will miss him while he's walking.

If you've got him down to just a few HP left, I think it's okay to let out with the Fire then because you'll probably kill him before he goes crazy with the firestickhandmatchthings. It works better than Blizzard because you don't have to be on the table or wait until he's still.

I think you can leave Wonderland and return later after you've leveled if you have to. You'll need to beat him before you can move on to Agrabah later though.

Elviriel

Thank you guys so much for the help. Using all your advisees I finally managed to beat this boss yesterday. I found that hiding behind the chair while he shot fireballs and shooting fire back was a good strategy. And now I'm in the Colosseum itching to see what happens next.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Well, having trouble here myself (It's been a while since I beat KH1 on the emulator!) but I'll try again tomorrow when my hands don't hurt so bad. (I just got 1.5 remix)

Maybe some of these tips'll help me out too.

[Edit] This and my standard thing for I got trouble; went back to Transverse Town and did the loop (Dang, they changed the respawn point for the Heartless) and leveled up a ton. I was only level 10, so got ten more levels, then he was down. Yay.

Last edited:

ThePumpkinQueen

Hiding inside the surprise Jack-O-Lantern
Were you able to get him. I usually hit and run. Also quickly jumping to the chair and then the table and flying at him helps get his head, and once he is down, attack attack attack. expecially run when he starts to put himself on fire. Hes really easy once you get the hang of it. I remember when KH1 first came out. I was stuck on him for days.

*Edit* Woops one thinga bout forums i somtimes miss peoples replys. I saw you beet him. Good job. the colloseum is fun expecially later in the game.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
What I am wondering is this: Can I leave Wonderland, upgrade my equipment and come back to Wonderland to take the boss?

I'm glad you were able to practice and win the fight, but I noticed no one actually answered this question. The answer is yes, yes you can leave and come back later, but you sometimes put off getting a special power-up by avoiding a boss.

Remember, this is an RPG, so if you're having trouble beating a boss in the future, consider fighting enemies on the same world for a while.

berrybob

Awards
I'm glad you were able to practice and win the fight, but I noticed no one actually answered this question. The answer is yes, yes you can leave and come back later, but you sometimes put off getting a special power-up by avoiding a boss.

Remember, this is an RPG, so if you're having trouble beating a boss in the future, consider fighting enemies on the same world for a while.

Not just defeating heartless: You can buy more items with the munny you get from them and search for teasure boxes. Potions means less game overs and more time to defeat the boss. But i usually equip them on my partners (Donald/Goofy) only on bosses or if I have a lot of Potions, because they use potions too much. Ether+Cure is a useful combo too after you get them.

Ventus_

Awards
Thank you guys so much for the help. Using all your advisees I finally managed to beat this boss yesterday. I found that hiding behind the chair while he shot fireballs and shooting fire back was a good strategy. And now I'm in the Colosseum itching to see what happens next.

I'm glad you found a successful strategy.
For future reference, I did a heartless grinding spree throughout the different variations of the Bizarre Room and the Lotus Forest until I reached level 30 before facing Trickmaster, 20-25 is probably fine as well. This will make him easier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back