• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help get Kingdom Hearts III on Wii U

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuccojenkins

I think everyone should be able to experience this game. as a Wii u owner and long time kingdom hearts fan, i really don't want to buy a ps4 when the only games i want for it at the moment are ff15 and kingdom hearts III. I know it might take a bit of tweaking, but not as much as people put it to be. Developers underestimate the console a LOT as to not even try to make games on it(such as square enix) but look at games like bayonetta 2 and mk8 and tell me it's a underpowered console. sign the petitions to try to get this game out for everyone.
http://www.change.org/petitions/squ...ts-hd-collection-for-wii-u-and-ps3#supporters
http://www.change.org/petitions/squ...-to-the-wiiu-alongside-the-ps4-and-xbox-one-3

Santiago

Re: Help get Kingdom Hearts III on Wii u!!!

Hate to be the bringer of bad news, but online petitions never work. I can't even think of one instance where it has worked in the past.

It's a nice thought that it will work, but it's hopeless.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

They're not putting KH3 on the Wii-U because they can't. They're developing the game on the PC then porting them using a special program which seems to only function for the PS4 and XBone.

Edit: *digs through internet*

They're using DirectX 11 which apparently can't work with the Wii-U/only works for PS4 and XBone.

*technology inept*

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

I think everyone should be able to experience this game. as a Wii u owner and long time kingdom hearts fan, i really don't want to buy a ps4 when the only games i want for it at the moment are ff15 and kingdom hearts III.
While I also didn't like how KH3 ended up on the PS4, I don't think the Wii U would be the next best choice. That'd be the PS3.

I know it might take a bit of tweaking, but not as much as people put it to be. Developers underestimate the console a LOT as to not even try to make games on it(such as square enix) but look at games like bayonetta 2 and mk8 and tell me it's a underpowered console.
That's because they're working on games that have much more technological potential, such as FFXV. The Wii U really isn't that powerful compared to the PS4 and X1, and developing KH3 for the Wii U as well would only hinder a lot of the PS4's and X1's potential.

Santiago covered my thoughts already on petitions.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

i'll pass. plus online petitions almost never work

TheSupremeFace

For the most part, only first party games are good on Wii U...there are exceptions though

Santiago

Maybe I should have specified "online petitions about a video game". Petitions for actual legitimate problems in the world are taken seriously. Petitions for video games aren't. (So long as the game doesn't have anything super controversial)

I'd imagine those petitions go beyond the internet (advertising, funding, campaigns, etc.). Definitely not something you'd expect from the gaming culture.
This is also true. These changes weren't made solely because these petitions exist. There are other factors involved in it.

Cuccojenkins

yeah i know, but they did say they could port it but it would be more difficult than porting it to xbox one

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

No thanks. I've had my fill of online petitions for games (forever going to cry over Type-0.) They don't work, and why would anybody want to play KH3 on the Wii U anyways?

Wii U is an okay system, but it is current gen. KH3 is being optimized for next gen consoles, and a Wii U version would only be a pitiful downport of the game with a lot of limitations and half the functionality. That is no way to play a next-gen title, and I do not support having Osaka have to spend unnecessary time to port the game over when they could be spending that time making a new game.

Cuccojenkins

They're using DirectX 11 which apparently can't work with the Wii-U/only works for PS4 and XBone.

*technology inept*

but they said it was possible to port it it would just be more difficult than porting it to xbox one

Last edited by a moderator:

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

yeah i know, but they did say they could port it but it would be more difficult than porting it to xbox one
There have been no official comments from Square on a Wii U port, as far as I know. Not to mention, going multiplatform on the Wii U would involve so many complications that a petition could never hope of changing.

Cuccojenkins

There have been no official comments from Square on a Wii U port, as far as I know
on june 20th they talked about it

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Cuccojenkins

Can you teach me how to reply with quote, i just joined this site like two hours ago when i started this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back