• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Help For A Struggling Actor (if that's what you want to refer it)?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
(Sorry if this is the wrong place in advance, or if there is a thread about something similar).
So recently I had been a part of my high school musical featuring, "The Little Shop of Horrors" while I did not have internet. I've been in recent musicals in my life and have had solo parts in songs (which were terrifying for me lol).
Now I'll be in another performance soon for a story the school's writing club has created called "Turbulence". Basically it's "The Office" but at an airport. This is my first ever real comedy and I may do more than just singing which sounds great, but makes me feel kinda nervous. Like, I'll be an actual person in the script. I know, moving up in life lol. xD
Also I've never really have tried to have an important role in a play because I have had marching band and concert band taking my schedule up with events left and right every year. And then there's the over-confident girl that does everything I do and even more things than me like actually be in an opera house and have all this money and time for everything she wants to do. Sorry, I shouldn't go that far and make her sound like trash, she can be nice to me and has a heart-melting voice only I could dream to have.
Does anyone else go through this? Any advice?

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
(Sorry if this is the wrong place in advance, or if there is a thread about something similar).
So recently I had been a part of my high school musical featuring, "The Little Shop of Horrors" while I did not have internet. I've been in recent musicals in my life and have had solo parts in songs (which were terrifying for me lol).
Now I'll be in another performance soon for a story the school's writing club has created called "Turbulence". Basically it's "The Office" but at an airport. This is my first ever real comedy and I may do more than just singing which sounds great, but makes me feel kinda nervous. Like, I'll be an actual person in the script. I know, moving up in life lol. xD
Also I've never really have tried to have an important role in a play because I have had marching band and concert band taking my schedule up with events left and right every year. And then there's the over-confident girl that does everything I do and even more things than me like actually be in an opera house and have all this money and time for everything she wants to do. Sorry, I shouldn't go that far and make her sound like trash, she can be nice to me and has a heart-melting voice only I could dream to have.
Does anyone else go through this? Any advice?
Sometimes one of the hardest thing's in life is when you encounter someone with an advantage over you in something you excel/are passionate at, and what to do about them. While i may not be "actor material" i have an inkling on how stressful the process can become, being that i was in a play back in 5th grade. It was "Blue suede paws" and i was cast as the bully to the protagonist (who ironically was my best friend at the time). I remember feeling this intense frustration at how he delivered his lines with flawless execution, as he was a seasoned veteran on the stage at that point, and i was just doing this for kicks. The main reason i chose my role was because i could be a jerk to my friend and have a justifiable reason (arguably not the best reason, but who wouldn't want that feeling?). However, juggling 5th grade work and this play proved too much for my young reckless self, so i had to drop one of them (the choice was clear which one would affect me as little as possible). Eventually, this story ends on a sour note, with me quitting the play for some reason, my worst enemy getting my role, and me rejoining as part of the chorus. This above statement shows how little i knew of the stressful process, and my quitting was likely due to stage fright, as i was facing something much bigger than me.

While my experience is pretty depressing and short, i posted it to give you a little bit of reassurance, act as a cautionary tale, etc. My advice to you? don't sell yourself short honey, i'm sure you have what it takes. Most things in life (acting especially) take a great deal of determination, focus and energy. Everyone gets nervous on the stage, but exposure to it will make you a stronger person. While my time in the limelight never came into fruition, i can take comfort in knowing that I might be able to help others with my story, hoping that they get some strength from it, or are reassured they're not alone. I don't know if this helps or not (like i said, i'm not an actor and don't plan on being one) just give it your best shot. And if it makes you feel any better, i doubt that person you spoke of could melt my heart with her voice, it's pretty hard to win me over that way.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Sometimes one of the hardest thing's in life is when you encounter someone with an advantage over you in something you excel/are passionate at, and what to do about them. While i may not be "actor material" i have an inkling on how stressful the process can become, being that i was in a play back in 5th grade. It was "Blue suede paws" and i was cast as the bully to the protagonist (who ironically was my best friend at the time). I remember feeling this intense frustration at how he delivered his lines with flawless execution, as he was a seasoned veteran on the stage at that point, and i was just doing this for kicks. The main reason i chose my role was because i could be a jerk to my friend and have a justifiable reason (arguably not the best reason, but who wouldn't want that feeling?). However, juggling 5th grade work and this play proved too much for my young reckless self, so i had to drop one of them (the choice was clear which one would affect me as little as possible). Eventually, this story ends on a sour note, with me quitting the play for some reason, my worst enemy getting my role, and me rejoining as part of the chorus. This above statement shows how little i knew of the stressful process, and my quitting was likely due to stage fright, as i was facing something much bigger than me.

While my experience is pretty depressing and short, i posted it to give you a little bit of reassurance, act as a cautionary tale, etc. My advice to you? don't sell yourself short honey, i'm sure you have what it takes. Most things in life (acting especially) take a great deal of determination, focus and energy. Everyone gets nervous on the stage, but exposure to it will make you a stronger person. While my time in the limelight never came into fruition, i can take comfort in knowing that I might be able to help others with my story, hoping that they get some strength from it, or are reassured they're not alone. I don't know if this helps or not (like i said, i'm not an actor and don't plan on being one) just give it your best shot. And if it makes you feel any better, i doubt that person you spoke of could melt my heart with her voice, it's pretty hard to win me over that way.
Yeah her voice is just too much for me.
Anyway, I had auditioned for the newest play on Thursday and had fun with what my lines were. A lot of puns and jokes that were pretty chessey, my type of style.
I had to sing in the front of the stage for the last musical I was in and man was that frightening. And though I was up at the front, I only was on stage 3 times for only 3 songs. Your story is helpful and I thank you for sharing. There are a lot of people who show off in my school with their big roles in plays and their talent. I just grew up being shy, even till today I still can't even make eye contact with people when I'm talking to them.
It took me a lot to overcome my bigger fear than talking to people, singing to them. I had to learn a lot for that previous musical because I had to learn the choreography and reach a higher pitch in my voice that I didn't think was possible. Ouch.
I think I'll go for this play, hopefully I'll get a better role than a random person on stage acting interested in what the main characters are doing.

Soldier

Awards
Yeah her voice is just too much for me.
Anyway, I had auditioned for the newest play on Thursday and had fun with what my lines were. A lot of puns and jokes that were pretty chessey, my type of style.
I had to sing in the front of the stage for the last musical I was in and man was that frightening. And though I was up at the front, I only was on stage 3 times for only 3 songs. Your story is helpful and I thank you for sharing. There are a lot of people who show off in my school with their big roles in plays and their talent. I just grew up being shy, even till today I still can't even make eye contact with people when I'm talking to them.
It took me a lot to overcome my bigger fear than talking to people, singing to them. I had to learn a lot for that previous musical because I had to learn the choreography and reach a higher pitch in my voice that I didn't think was possible. Ouch.
I think I'll go for this play, hopefully I'll get a better role than a random person on stage acting interested in what the main characters are doing.
You can never go wrong with puns and cheesy lines to lighten the mood, i secretly live for that.
Shyness is something that a lot of people struggle with, and i'll admit that i dealt with that when i was younger. Today i'm much better at it, as i grew into someone who has a serious outlook on life, and glares at people on occasion. It's not the BEST way to go about things, but compared to how i used to be, it has it's advantages. It's good that my story helped you out a bit, most of life consists of learning from other's mistakes anyways, so i'm glad it was of use. I hope you get that supporting role and be a step-up above the background singers, i'll be rooting for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back