• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hello (Again) and Sorry

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Hi everyone.

It's been a long while since my last visit. Back then it was, I don't know, probably December 2014. I'm not sure how much change has taken place here, but of course I do see some new faces who registered during my absence (welcome to KHI!) and lots of stories came to light.

I just want to be somewhat straight to the point: I'm truly sorry for my absence.

I know I was a staff member when I went MIA, and some of you might have think that I was irresponsible in doing so. Those who did are right: I was. It was quite a selfish and low move to cast aside my responsibilities. I was supposed to take care of the Chi section (which is now known as Unchained Chi), but I suddenly vanished into thin air. Once again, I truly apologise for that.

I really don't want to make this to sound like an excuse, but my family hit a really humongous speed bump along the avenue of life. It's personal, so I hope you don't mind me not sharing more on the details... but let's just say I now have a nephew whom I have to care for. For reasons, you can say that I've sort of become a "father" for him, and... being a parent is tough. Really tough, but at the same time, really rewarding.

That's the reason why I really haven't been able to return here for an extended period of time. Even now, considering my profession as both an education provider and school curriculum developer, I'm not even sure if I can visit KHI as much as I did in the past. I wish I could, but my life has been really unpredictable with its highs and lows lately and I found myself juggling many things at once I hardly have some time for myself. It really seems like I have reached a point in which I live, or "offer my life", for others more than I do for myself.

In any case, once again, I truly apologise to all of you, especially my dear Administrators and fellow Site Staff members whom I left wondering what happened to me. I really appreciate the thoughts and concerns expressed through PMs or by proxy—yeah, I'm so much well, healthy, and alive, don't worry—but you didn't deserve such cold treatment from me. Nobody does.

So, peace out. I'll be seeing you around if I have time.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
SOLO YOU'RE BACK OMFG WE LEGITIMATELY THOUGHT YOU HAD DIED I'M JUST GLAD TO SEE YOU'RE OKAY

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
WE ALL THOUGHT YOU WERE DDDDEEEEEEEAAAAADDDDD!!!!!

I was just thinking about you too, then whoosh. Family issues doh, you just take care of what you need to and don't worry about it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'M REALLY GLAD YOU'RE NOT DEAD BECAUSE WE WERE CONVINCED YOU WERE FOR MONTHS!

Let us know what you feel like you can and can't do, man. There's no shame in just admitting something is too much or you need a temporary leave or whatever. We're here for you and we understand whatever is going on with you has to and should take priority. C:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
SOLO YOU ARE ALIVE :~;

We really did think something happened to you and were really worried. I'm glad you're safe! Personal matters always come first, okay?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Thanks for the kind support, friends. Really sorry for causing all this unnecessary worry.

I really want to be active again yet it's very hard for me to find the time. I give private tutoring almost every day, get back home at 10:45 at night, and have to get up at 3:30 in the morning to take care of my nephew before going to work, repeating the cycle. I hardly have time to play, though I was lucky I could have a nice getaway a few weeks back. A few times I fell sick because of sheer exhaustion (just like today, but thankfully after a whole day's worth of rest, I feel better), but I think I'm getting used to it.

Only on weekends do I have time to spare, but even then my students are having their exams soon and their parents are getting relentless in having me giving weekend tutoring for them (not being stereotypical but that's Asian parents for you! I feel sorry for the kids sometimes). That being said, I'll try to drop by and help out if I can find time to do so, although I'd like to apologise in advance if I can only do so little by little.

It's good to be back and meet you again, though. <3

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
SOLOSIS LIVES!!!

Wow, it seems like you've been through a lot since last year. Glad to see that you're still alive and I hope that things will get better. Life can be tough, but you're a good guy and I'm sure that whatever comes your way, you'll pull through.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
IT FEELS LIKE FOREVER SINCE WE'VE LAST SEEN YOU!

Hey, don't sweat it! You know you can count on everyone to look after things while you're gone. :D You've got a lot on your plate and should look after yourself since your health is important too. You're doing your best right now and that's what counts the most. So don't worry so much! Anyhow, it's good to see you again and I wish you the best with real life stuff too, Solo.

Back