• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

heavenly sword demo impressions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
well this game has alot of hype and finally people have been able to play the demo

while excellent, you go through the whole scene of grinding down the rope (having to hit the right buttons or else falling off) , before being surrounded by enemy soldiers. Now theres quiet a few combo's (they even have a combo list option in the menu with the buttons needed on how to do them) which came in handy.

Despite earlier trailers suggesting the enemy would only attack you one at a time, i can confirm that my first time i fought i had 6 hit me at once , so thats a good thing

i can't say anything about graphics since unfortunately i only have a SD tv (i'll be buying a HD tv around Christmas) , but their really well done even on a SD tv

the only downside to this demo and quiet a few people i know agree its way to short. It takes about 5 minutes to complete the demo , after 2 battles more or less (against a fairly large number of enemy's )

but at the same time this shows the games going to live up to expectations and will be well worth the purchase when it comes out

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
I love this demo. I played through it a lot... seriously. I have an HDTV, and I must say, it's gorgeous, especially that opening cutscene.

evil_kenshin

have you figured out how to do arial combos? i tried but in the combo list it shows a controller icon or something. do you shake the controller or tilt it? there's no description for it at all

Black_Star

Stylin' on Ya
lol.....it tells you how to do aerial combos if you look in the controls. Hold L1 and press triangle to launch an enemy. Then you move/tilt the controller upwards to start the combo.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
Heavenly Sword is great, just downloaded and completed the demo. The enemies are smarter and the combo's are pretty awesome not to mention switching in & out of stances.

it's simplistic yet indepth & complicated in it's controls.

I say it's a sure thing....I love this game!

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
Aerial combos are tricky. You have to get someone one on one and press triangle while in Range Form, then shake the controller, then press buttons, I've done it a few times.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
crap i read all the posts so far and now i cant wait till my download is done for this game. Ever since i saw this at E3 06 i been so wanting this game i cant wait to play the demo then play the game which is awesome suppose to come out in 2 months.

evil_kenshin

lol after replaying it i just realized "x" grabs anything , so far i've managed to grab (and throw) enemy bodies laying on the ground, barrels (donkey kong style lol) , a table, some wooden box and even dropped enemy weapons (i found a dagger like thing, maybe it was already on the ground not sure)

try it out in the 2nd battle, adds more fun to it (and humor)

Omni_VII

PSWii C:
The demo's so short! But yeah, the visuals are amazing and the game is fun as well.

Is it just me, no offence to anybody, but does Nariko's sister look a bit... well, retarded?

evil_kenshin

she looks like a cat sorta but she acts well as you put it "retarded" talking to herself from what i saw (when she looks like she's got something in her hand but theres nothing there) and how the main charachter refers to shooting bows as "play twing twang" for her to understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back