• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Hearts of Twilight: Prelude to Darkness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Chapter 4: Incognito

The night was still young. I was speeding through the galaxy alone in the giant gummi ship I stole from Mega. Tears flew out of my eyes as I thought about what i had just done. Yet again, I feel as if I left my friends out to die.

I wasn't able to get hold of Chauvelin. I left him message after message, screaming in agony that I needed answers to this riddle I called destiny. It seemed like whenever I blinked, this premonition was haunting me. I needed to find this Beemmer, and Stalgamin. Not the ones who are adults, but the kids who were in my vision.

I turned the ship on auto-pilot while I went to the cupboards to find some food. I was starving after I stormed out of the feast early. I was looking for the cookies, when all of a sudden, I heard a voice behind me.

“So, you left your feast? Why would you do such a thing?” the voice said.

In shock, I turned around. To my relief it was only Chauvelin, but I was still enraged.

“Chauvelin, why the hell do you refuse to answer your phone? Are you that much of a pain that you ALWAYS have to creep up behind me?” I asked.

Chauvelin chuckled. “Sorry, but I just love doing that to people. Why did you leave?”

I grabbed my jack knife from my back pocket and started to fool around with it angrily. “They keep saying I’m the hero. They had paintings of me in a heroic pose all over the dining hall. I can’t be the her. I want to be, but I’m not the hero that they proclaim I am. I need to get away from it all.”

Chauvelin nodded. “Hmmm… well, if you need to get away, I say you come with me. I should help you control your powers, your premonitions, answer your every question, and teach you the arts of darkness. There’s a world that I have recently taken up residence alone on. It was a world once used to rule the universe, or at least the leader of that world attempted to. Any records with his name though have been abolished. What do you say?”

I stroked my chin and pondered the offer. “You know what, I’ll go. Bu tI should tell my friends first…”

Chauvelin shook his head. “Generally, I would say that that would be understandable, but you can’t. They need to learn to live their lives without you. You won’t be gone for long.”

I felt a shatter in my heart. I wanted to tell my friends, but deep down, I knew they would understand the sheer roller coaster ride I was undertaking inside. “So, let me get this straight, I will basically be going incognito for a little bit?”

“Certainly. Not for long, maybe a few months tops. You may leave once you find you’re ready. I just would like to help you. I know you want to accept my help. I can sense it in you,” he said.

I turned around, finally finding the cookies and chips I was looking for. “Alright. Since I take it that you don’t have a ship with you, I would imagine that you’d come with me on this ship?”

He nodded. “Of course. Let me pilot the ship though. You don’t know the coordinates. Just enjoy your… err… meal, and relax.”

I did just as he said. Once I polished off those cookies and chips, I grabbed a burger form the freezer and put it on the instant grill Mega developed. I swear, I love Mega and all the inventions he comes up with at times. I added some cheese, buns, lettuce, tomato, and pickles to my burger, which stacked up to be taller than I could eat. But certainly, I had never had a better burger in my life.

About a day had passed. I could tell that Chauvelin was either lost, or lives in a remote location. I figured I’d pass some time in the training room, working on my gunmanship. The whole training room was yet another useful invention that Mega had developed. It was quite useful to me on long trips.

After my training, I had realized what I had done and the crime I just committed. I couldn’t believe that I had actually jacked Mega’s ship. I was wondering how they would get back to Twilight Town. But all in all, I figured it sucks for them. My turmoil was more important to me at this point.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
alright. anything coming from me will be delayed, cause i fractured my left wrist. so im typing slowly and improperly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back