• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Heartless hunter stories, post your enemy card experiences here.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier

Awards
Hello all,

Recently, I've been playing 1.5 and 2.5 as most of you know, and I've been playing in chronological order (bbs, kh1, etc) and right now i'm playing through chain of memories to platinum it, which means I need every enemy card. As of June 24, I have gathered every heartless card on proud mode for sora, which was an endeavor in of itself, with the fluctuating drops and all. I went through the game gathering all cards by world, and would not leave without all of them. During this time, I had thoughts and doubts in my head, like "does the(insert enemy card here) even exist?" "this game seems to have a mind of its own" and other things people think of when at a loss. So after getting my last card, I thought it would be fun to share my struggle on here and see if other people experienced the same kinds of challenges I faced.

Well, here goes.

Starting up Re:COM again wasn't easy, I played it on the ps2 and hated the random drop chances of enemy cards. For both experiences, I did what you're supposed to, "high D in the world you want, warp/warpinator, megaflare" etc. But this time around I was dead set on getting everything for both stories, since trophies are good motivators. So I blaze through the game, hitting a few snag points along the way, but was greatly encouraged by my dumb luck half the time. For example, the Air Soldier and Search ghost cards were collected back-to-back in monstro, while the barrel spider (the most infamous of difficult cards to get) dropped after building a streak of 10 in Olympus Colliseum, not bad at all. However, this all ended when the only card left was the Wizard.
The diddlying Wizard Card,

Now it's down to the very end of the game, all floors unlocked, and according to guides on the internet, the wizard will drop on the 13th floor. I enter the floor, and immediately lay down a Teeming darkness card, and begin to whack away at the evil hordes. However, after some time getting the Neoshadow card, the fights began to wear on me mentally. For starters, I had to deal with long fights, made even longer by the aforementioned pureblood phasing into the floor and popping up with a 8 card, breaking my attack card every time (because they are SO resistant to mega flare, leaves them at 10 hip every time on proud, I swear) and the musical heartless absorbing the flames and wasting more time. This proceeded to go on for 4 days, with many breaks in between. This nightmare would continue for a while until one day, after level grinding in the 12th floor, that I noticed enemy cards fell on strong initiative rooms. Sensing my chance was now, I rushed to the 13th floor and fought through 3 TD's and was awarded the well-deserved card. I shouted with joy that cold summer night, and knew that the struggle was over. Then I almost deleted my save file in the excitement, but I had a backup just in case.:biggrin:

Let me know what your hardest card was.

SoulXaldin

Awards
It would probably be the Key to Rewards card. I pretty sure that has the lowest chance of dropping compared to map cards or even enemy cards in general (obviously exempting boss fights). I manage to get 2 so far, one of which I used in Castle Oblivion. I'll have to access the clear save data from Sora's story to go back to the first floor (Traverse Town) and unlock the door there, and then I'll find some way to find the other keycards for the sake of completion.

Soldier

Awards
It would probably be the Key to Rewards card. I pretty sure that has the lowest chance of dropping compared to map cards or even enemy cards in general (obviously exempting boss fights). I manage to get 2 so far, one of which I used in Castle Oblivion. I'll have to access the clear save data from Sora's story to go back to the first floor (Traverse Town) and unlock the door there, and then I'll find some way to find the other keycards for the sake of completion.
Really? for me the Key to Rewards cards were the easiest to get, in fact I found all 13 whilst farming for enemy cards, it was usually the 5th drop in one of the 3 D rooms. Did you soft reset the game whenever you didn't get any? that usually boosts the chance.

SoulXaldin

Awards
Really? for me the Key to Rewards cards were the easiest to get, in fact I found all 13 whilst farming for enemy cards, it was usually the 5th drop in one of the 3 D rooms. Did you soft reset the game whenever you didn't get any? that usually boosts the chance.

I'm not bent on getting them in the moment, but I would once I get around to finishing both stories and the going for the trophies. But that's good to know. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back