• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

HEARTBROKEN (about Namine not being in the opening)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
So for a few days, I was trying to remember how Namine was used in the KH3 intro. I couldn't remember, so I decided to rewatch it today (I like to only watch the intros when I start a brand new game, so I don't spoil them with repeated viewings). My heart broke in a million pieces: Namine was NOT in the intro video. I was absolutely aghast.

I had been living a lie for almost two years. I always assumed that Namine was in the last shot of the cast in the Final World. Now I feel distraught that MARLUXIA was able to be snuck into the intro video, but Namine wasn't?

Thoughts on this devastating realization?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
giphy.gif

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Marluxia was a villain and the opening is depicting battles and enemies through the series.

Namine wasn't somebody who fought against the bad guys like the rest of the cast. I'm not sure what you had been expecting.

pastel.goblin

Awards
You could argue that the opening was also about the people needing to be saved, and Naminé was one of them so she should've been in the opening. Whether she fought anyone or not, she was still directly affected by/a victim of the villains.

Awards
CoM in general kinda got sidelined.

It skipped straight to Days, Namine didn't show up, and Marluxia didn't even get smacked by Sora.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
For some reason I believed she was in the scene with all the people that needed to be saved and in the final group shot.

Like this is really difficult for me to process because I expected a really important character like Namine to be acknowledged. I only mention Marluxia being in the intro because he was only there for CoM. Namine was there for CoM, KH2, Days, Coded and 3D.

Maybe it was an artistic license to say that the girl that was always forgotten and shoved to the side was ignored at the start, but finally free and alive in the ending?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Above all, the KH3 opening's main theme was Xehanort putting all the 'chess pieces' in place, creating the final battle between the seekers and guardians. While it may have come off as a recap, CoM, most of KH2, Re:Coded and DDD are actually omitted completely, because the opening isn't actually a recap. It's showing how Xehanort plucked each hero from their normal lives and set them up to open Kingdom Hearts.

It ain't dumb.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Above all, the KH3 opening's main theme was Xehanort putting all the 'chess pieces' in place, creating the final battle between the seekers and guardians. While it may have come off as a recap, CoM, most of KH2, Re:Coded and DDD are actually omitted completely, because the opening isn't actually a recap. It's showing how Xehanort plucked each hero from their normal lives and set them up to open Kingdom Hearts.

It ain't dumb.
That basically explains why Namine was omitted. However, Roxas wasn't expected to be one of the 7 Guardians of Light (nor was he a chess piece). Xion was also not intended to be a guardian of light, yet she got a shot during the segment where the people that needed to be saved all saw the light. If anything, I would have replaced KH2 Riku and placed Namine there (maybe not as the last person in the series). That segment of the video was definitely about all the people that needed to be saved and Namine is definitely one of them, over Riku.

Also, the video is showing how Xehanort ruined all the characters' lives and how they were all his playthings - Namine was one of the biggest ones. She was the first move by Xehanort to try and control Sora, let alone make the whole replica program work. Namine's life was absolutely ruined by Xehanort and she should have gotten a little acknowledgement (like at the very end).

I don't like to think this way, but I see a lot of people comment how Nomura hates Namine and this dreadful realization about the intro video has me somewhat believing it. In vanilla KH3, she didn't even appear physically until the end!

Vulpes XIII

Awards
I always thought that the reason Naminè didn’t appear with the others is simply because she doesn’t have a trio and in this game it certainly felt like if your good you need to be apart of a trio to get decent screen time. Actually writing this out just made me realise how bad it is that they still keep Naminé by herself and if you think about although no new trios have been officially confirmed it seems like the Union X characters already have trios Skuld/ Ephemer / Player or the fact the Skuld could technically make a trio with Lea and Isa and there also Lauriam/ Elrena/ Strelitzia. Characters who haven’t been in the series that long shouldn’t have potential trios before someone whose been a character in the series for a long time like Naminé, Nomura really needs to fix this.

pastel.goblin

Awards
I agree with Face My Fears. To me the opening reads as Xehanort setting everything up for the final battle, how he was pulling the strings the entire time and all the lives he ruined in the process. There's literally no real reason why the segment with the characters looking to the light couldn't include Naminé, obviously that's meant to symbolise those Sora has to save, and she's one of them. But nah, let's chuck Riku in there??

I just get tired of people justifying why it's totally okay that she's always left out. (For real once someone told me "Well she's on the box art that's enough right?") She's the only character who gets treated this way and I just don't get it.

I don't like to think this way, but I see a lot of people comment how Nomura hates Namine and this dreadful realization about the intro video has me somewhat believing it
The most frustrating part to me is that he's still dragging out the "Thank Naminé" thing. Like, she's my fave character and I obviously don't want her to be completely benched but at the same time either let her have her rightful place/inclusion with the rest of the cast, or just have Sora thank her already so I at least know Nomura's done with her and I can move on without getting mad every time she's shafted.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I agree with Face My Fears. To me the opening reads as Xehanort setting everything up for the final battle, how he was pulling the strings the entire time and all the lives he ruined in the process. There's literally no real reason why the segment with the characters looking to the light couldn't include Naminé, obviously that's meant to symbolise those Sora has to save, and she's one of them. But nah, let's chuck Riku in there??

I just get tired of people justifying why it's totally okay that she's always left out. (For real once someone told me "Well she's on the box art that's enough right?") She's the only character who gets treated this way and I just don't get it.

The most frustrating part to me is that he's still dragging out the "Thank Naminé" thing. Like, she's my fave character and I obviously don't want her to be completely benched but at the same time either let her have her rightful place/inclusion with the rest of the cast, or just have Sora thank her already so I at least know Nomura's done with her and I can move on without getting mad every time she's shafted.
Well I think if Namine is treated like crap in KH IV, I think it would be safe to say that Nomura doesn't care.

But it's just so strange that KH2 Riku is placed there instead of Namine. Even Xion, who Sora doesn't even know about and is limited to the knowledge of her existence to "that girl", was included in that segment for obvious reasons, so why couldn't Namine be there?

I'm hoping that Namine plays a big role in saving Sora from Quadratum, so that he can thank her for that and for CoM (which no one told him about yet).

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Guess Nomura's disinterest in Kairi branches over to her Nobody. Yet somehow expects us to believe she's part of the cast in the cover when he couldn't be assed to have her appear and make her star skippable in base KHIII.

The intro is just one of the issues.

Anyway, you know what I'm going to say.

No trio + can't fight = you mean shit in KH.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
That basically explains why Namine was omitted. However, Roxas wasn't expected to be one of the 7 Guardians of Light (nor was he a chess piece). Xion was also not intended to be a guardian of light, yet she got a shot during the segment where the people that needed to be saved all saw the light. If anything, I would have replaced KH2 Riku and placed Namine there (maybe not as the last person in the series). That segment of the video was definitely about all the people that needed to be saved and Namine is definitely one of them, over Riku.

Also, the video is showing how Xehanort ruined all the characters' lives and how they were all his playthings - Namine was one of the biggest ones. She was the first move by Xehanort to try and control Sora, let alone make the whole replica program work. Namine's life was absolutely ruined by Xehanort and she should have gotten a little acknowledgement (like at the very end).

I don't like to think this way, but I see a lot of people comment how Nomura hates Namine and this dreadful realization about the intro video has me somewhat believing it. In vanilla KH3, she didn't even appear physically until the end!

Glad someone brought up the weird placement of KH2 Riku. Axel/Lea is part of that sequence too. Why? Both of them are okay and don't need to be rescued. They could have put Namine in there, because that segment wasn't about the war, it was about pulling the heroes out of their hellish fates, wasn't it? Last I checked Namine was on the rescue list.

As far as Xehanort ruined character's list, Namine has the least amount of exposure to Xehanort or any of his forms, among the main cast. COM wasn't a Xehanort plan, it was a Marluxia one. Vexen can make Replicas without Namine, she was never needed for them to work, in fact she screws them up with her memory powers. Diz, Larxene, and Marluxia were the biggest enemies against Namine. Missed opportunity to have her have a scene with Marluxia and Larxene in KH3.

And about Nomura hating Namine...I don't think he hates her, though it does feel like she's a character he lost interest in. Namine is by no means one of my favorite characters, but I feel for her fans who buy these games hoping to see more of her and get coal for Christmas. Like we just had a game where Namine could have been given a big role. Riku and Kairi going to the Final World to speak with nameless star. Namine was just there, use her as a guide to get them there and say she spoke with the star while briefly there. Don't get me wrong, I love what they are doing with Fairy Godmother, but we had a character who was almost set up for that role.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Naminé is one of my favorite characters. I did find it a bit surprising that she wasn't in the opening, but given that she had no real conflict on the battle field it does make a smidge more sense.

The ending cinematic features her and her return quite heavily, so, I think that's part of Nomura's way of justifying her not being in the opening since she's had a passive role up until directing Terra's Lingering Will to the battle field, and Terra's armor didn't appear in the opening either

Cumguardian69

Awards
Nams didnt even need to be rescued actually. if you think about it, the truth of the mater is that namerine is a noncharacter. she doesn't do much in the series and that is OK. transfer her essence into Kairi and call it a day

pastel.goblin

Awards
As far as Xehanort ruined character's list, Namine has the least amount of exposure to Xehanort or any of his forms, among the main cast. COM wasn't a Xehanort plan, it was a Marluxia one.
It was a Xemnas plan though, Marluxia just hijacked it and wanted to brainwash Sora to follow him rather than Xemnas. Sure, she may not have had as much exposure as some of the other cast, but regardless her situation was instigated by Xemnas/Xehanort.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It was a Xemnas plan though, Marluxia just hijacked it and wanted to brainwash Sora to follow him rather than Xemnas. Sure, she may not have had as much exposure as some of the other cast, but regardless her situation was instigated by Xemnas/Xehanort.
I haven't watched COM in awhile so maybe I'm forgetting that, but from what I recall he put Marluxia in charge of the castle, but was not involved in whatever it was he was doing. His main involvement in that plan was getting rid of the traitors. But my main point in that post was Namine's lack of exposure to Xehanort. She should be in the opening because she's one of the main characters needing to be rescued, not for her connections with the main antagonist since she's never even had direct contact with him. If it's just for Xehanort connections, Eraqus and Ansem the Wise should be front in center given what Xehanort/Xemnas did to them.

Back