• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► He Whom Hath No Soul

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

)-(The Anomaly)-(

Author's Notes: Well, I'm going at it again. I was formerly working on a Fan Fiction called the Crossroads of Existence. However, with all the rubbish I'd been dealing with lately, I've seen the story fall into a very massive slump. So, this story, is more or less and revamp/wrap up/continuation on that story. This story is intended to rectify my former writing faults, patch many of the plot holes of the original story, and finally bring you back into the life of Xekim. In this "second part" of the series, i plan to try and get more in depth with characters, give you crisper details in my post, and most of all, I will try my very hardest to post a chapter on a consistent deadline of one per week at the least. So, please enjoy, this revamp, 'cause it's been fun for me to write. Please post and critique and please point of mistakes in grammar and spelling just in case I missed them! Oh and you don't have to a read the original to read this one. I will cover all important points.
Link to the original story: http://forums.khinsider.com/fanfiction/86849-crossroads-existence.html

((Prologue: The End of Some Old Life))

The City of Faathim was emptied and Xekim knew why. They knew what was about to happen here. He'd been dreading this moment ever since he and his companions had left the Montresor Space Port. He'd followed the bread crumbs here and he was going to have retribution. He remembered the words that were whispered to him years ago by the deities of light.

Don't get too close to her. For if you do, she will crush you.

Xekim didn't understand their worries until now, when it was too late. His foolishness and naivety had gotten his brother kidnapped. Back on a planet called Yeulven, Tiera lured Xekim, his brother and Xekim's good friend Draco into a massive ambush. There were an uncountable number of heartless and other dark creatures of the kind. Xekim and Draco were able to hold their own in that fight, but Zachery wasn't a close range fighter. In all the chaos, Tiera swooped in and took Zachery away, telling Xekim that if he wanted his brother back alive, he'd have to find her. Then Tiera opened up a portal of darkness and passed through, holding an injured Zachery in her arms. As for Draco; he managed to follow her through the portal itself and Xekim didn't know what happened to him after that. All he knew that Draco was still alive after he'd received a brief but reassuring message from him a few day back. That didn't change the fact however, that Tiera was holding his brother captive. Xekim wasn't going to let his feelings get in the way. She wasn't the girl he loved anymore.

Xekim walked along the the cobblestone streets of Faathim, simply trying to feel for the dark energy that now accompanied this new and dark Tiera. However, all he sensed was the normal darkness that was associated with every living being, and the unique sense that came from himself. Those who tried to sense him would feel an odd convergence of pure light an darkness. That was the thing that threw those with the sense off. Xekim closed his eyes and let the sense become all that he was. He let his mind run through each and every street. Into the windows of empty buildings and even down the sewer systems beneath his feet. Finally, after about three minutes, he felt it. The darkness. Tiera was near. Xekim extended his arms to his sides, and two keyblades appeared. One fell into his left hand and the other into his right.

The Birth of the Heart, the key to the birth of all light in peoples hearts and by extension, the force of light itself condensed into a weapon of magicks. Then, there was the Death of the Heart, the key to the consumption and manipulation of all hearts, and by extension pure darkness in the shape of a weapon of destruction. They were his burdens, and his friends. In fact, they were an extension of himself. Xekim let them hang loosely in his hands as he began to run towards the darkness that he felt. The sound of his footsteps bounced and echoed off of the gray concrete walls of the buildings that seemed to endlessly line the streets of this city. Xekim had to wonder why Tiera chose this place as their battle ground. There weren't really any advantages for either of them in choosing this place. There had to be some meaning behind it.

Xekim kept running until he felt a sharp jolt of power. He stopped in his tracks and saw a wall of pure darkness rising up behind him. It was almost as dark as the void itself and when Xekim touched it, it felt hard, like glass. Xekim took his Birth of the Heart keyblade and swung at the wall of darkness. Despite this, the wall remained unscratched and ominous. Xekim took a few steps back from the wall, beginning to feel a strong unsettling sensation in his heart.

This presence. I-It's not just Tiera. There's something else behind it. Something just as familiar.

Xekim began to walk away from the wall and further down the street, when he noticed something odd. The buildings on either side of him were beginning to spread apart, and lessen. The streets were getting newer as he went along and that presence was growing ever stronger. After a few more moments, he stood in the middle of a large circular field. Xekim gaped at the sight he beheld. The roads around the massive circle of grass was black, and bubbling like some kind of tar. Only one part of the streets were clear, which was what seemed to be the entrance to Tiera's battle field. Xekim wasn't sure about this situation at all. He'd known that Tiera was smart, and she'd already trapped him here. Was it really wise to walk even deeper into it?

Xekim nodded. Yes it was. For his brother's sake he had no choice. He gripped his two keyblades tightly and then walked through the small patch of regular road. As he did, the tar like darkness grew what looked like hands. They reached towards him with a strange kind of mindless hunger as he walked pass them, but his powers repelled them.

"Disgusting..." Xekim said under his breath as he passed the last of the hands. When he was finally inside the circular grass covered field, the hands of darkness reached for each other and closed up the gap. Xekim shook his head, and began to make his way towards the center of the field. Underneath his feet, the grass blackened and shriveled. He looked down to observe it's progress, and when he looked up, he saw her. Tiera, with her golden curly hair, her curvaceous body and her charming face. She looked so beautiful, as she always did. However, the Tiera he knew, the cheerful person behind the eyes of the gorgeous girl, was gone. Replaced by a warped being of darkness. She stood, with a sense of hatred in her, and her left arm was out stretched. Xekim gasped in shock as he saw what was in her hand. Xekim's facial features were now etched with fury.

Tiera was holding his brother, Zachery, by the head. Zachery was unconscious, and his body was beaten very badly. Xekim wasn't sure whether or not he was still alive. Tiera looked at him and give him a smile. In that smile, her formerly flat and even teeth were now all razor sharp and blackened.

"Welcome my love..."

~***~​

Xekim awoke from his dream, sweat standing out on his brow. He was breathing heavily, and his heart was beating at what felt like a mile a minute. He looked around. He was calmed down by the familiar white walls and the crystalline floor of the Station of Destitution. The place was properly named since it was normally uninhabited and devoid of color or emotion. Xekim was no longer in the City of Faathim, but in his room as he should be. His white room, with his white bed and bed frame, and his white dresser. The white and black marvel floors were glossy, and the light in the room was dim. Xekim pulled himself up to a sitting position and leaned back against the stone bed frame behind him. The stone was gray, and on it was carved a large XIII. It was his number, his rank among his friends seeing as he was the newest.

Xekim let out a long sigh, and put his face in his hands.

"That old dream again. Who is...Tiera, and I don't have a brother...do I?" with that thought, there was a light tapping on the large stone doors leading into the main hallway from his room. "Come in." Xekim said, looking up at the door. The door opened and in came a man wearing a long black coat with a hood. There was a chain necklace hanging off of his neck and two other chains hanging off of the belt he wore. The man's face was pale. His eyes were a beautiful shade of violet that Xekim admired in contrast to his own dull gray, and the man's hair was long, black and glossy. The man came up to him and place a hand on his head in a kindly way.

"Bad dreams again Xekim?" The man asked, his voice serene and soothing.

"Yeah. The same one as last night, but...it's more elaborate now. What do you think about it Xev?" The man known as Xev smiled serenely and kissed Xekim on the cheek. Xekim blushed and frowned.

"Stop doing that!" Xekim said. Xev laughed and folded his arms.

"What are you so embarrassed about. You're just a kid after all and I'm only two years older than you."

"Well we're friends, you shouldn't do stuff like that!" Xekim said, folding his arms. Xev laughed quietly to himself and patted Xekim on the head. Xekim looked away from him. Xev smiled and said

"It's probably best to simply put that dream out of your mind as always."

~***~​

Xevenst walked into the audience chambers smiling serenely to himself as he always did. He had to report to his colleagues the news he'd received. It was his job after all. Xevenst was ranked X in the great scheme of things and his nickname was He Whose Heart Burns. In the audience chambers, there was a ring of chairs placed at equal height around the room, each engraved with a numeral from I to XIII. in those chairs said eleven cloaked in hooded figures.

"Xevenst, what news have you for us today." said a female voice from the chair inscribed IX.

"I regret to report something that we have feared for a very long time." said Xevenst.

"And that would be...?" said an old man's voice from the chair inscribed XII.

"It is Xekim my lords. He is beginning to...remember."

Last edited:

)-(The Anomaly)-(

((Author's notes: The Cloaks are more or less organization XIII cloaks, but iwht a few differences that will be pointed out later))

~*Chapter the First: The Gift of Acceptance *~

Xekim walked down one of the many long white hallways that were so abundant within the Station of Destitution. Xekim was at first uncomfortable with the whole emotionless scene, however, now he found it to be a nice place to calm your mind and to meditate. The hallway in which Xekim now inhabited, was empty for anyone other than himself. He'd tended to simply wander the Station, since it was rare that any of the other members wanted to spend time with him other than Xev, and he was often away with assignments that the others would give him. Xevenst was his only friend within The Twelve, and he was known as He Whose Heart Burns. Xevenst was the fifth most powerful member of the organization and he manipulated the desires man, molding them in power he can use. Love, Hatred, Lust, and Greed, were some of the emotions that gave he drew upon. Xekim had only once seen him use his powers on someone and on that occasion, Xekim had been inducted into the Council of Twelve. Xekim still wondered to himself if he was really a normal member, since he was given a strange amount of special treatment from the rest of his colleagues.

Xekim turned a corner into a hallway lined with flat stone doors on either side. The doors were made of a smooth, gray rock, and the only thing that stood out on them were the white marble doorknobs. Xekim let out a sigh.

"I'm so bored. Sure this place is calm, but there's a limit. Why can't I go out on missions like the other members. Why am I locked up here!" Xekim scratched his head and fussed about with his white hair a little bit.

"You are here little one, because you are too precious to risk losing." Said a familiar voice. Xekim turned around to see Xalrask. He was member twelve in the organization, and the wisest of them all. He was an old man with a long white beard. He had a large bald spot on the top of his head and his face was covered in wrinkles. However, these traits only gave him a very austere and inquisitive look. Xalrask also wore small round glasses on his nose, which were often perched comically lopsided in contrast to his serious demeanor. He wore a slight variation of the hooded cloak. His was more loose and less fitted than the cloaks of the younger members. He walked with his hands behind him and his back was arched forward slightly. Xekim had heard that he was probably the second most powerful member of the Twelve, but Xekim couldn't ever see what made him so. All he knew was that this man was able to manipulate Kinetic energy and redirect it.

"I can't be that important." Xekim said shaking his head, and wearing a skeptical expression.

"Oh, but you are!" Xalrask said walking up to Xekim and putting an arm on his shoulder. "You may not know why yet, but just know that the rest of us would be more then mournful if you were to get hurt." Xekim sighed again and looked up into Xalrask's eyes. They were bright amber. Xekim always felt so plain next to these people. Xekim nodded.

"Alright then my boy," Xalrask said, removing his hand and continuing his way down the hallway. "Don't despair, I'll speak with Xenomis about giving you a job to do." and with that, he turned a corner and went out of sight. Xekim folded his arms and looked after the old man quizzically. Five seconds later Xalrask popped his head around the corner again and said, "Oh, and I almost forgot, Xevenst had a gift for you. He's in the living quarters." Then Xalrask walked off again. Xekim smiled a little bit when he heard the old man begin to whistle a cheerful song. Xekim turned and ran down the halls towards the living quarters. He knew how to get there better than anywhere else since it was where he slept and where he was first taken upon his arrival. All he had to do was run down three more hallways then run down a spiral staircase leading down to the fifth level of the Station. He broke into a remarkably fast sprint until he was more or less a blur of gray. He saw the corner of the hallway and sharply turned to begin his run down the next hall.

To Xekim's horror however, someone else was just around the corner as well. Luckily Xekim was able to avoid a direct collision with this person by jumping up and running on the wall next to him, but this member of the Twelve still ended up being startled and falling over. The person was carrying a cup of steaming hot tea, which ended up all over him once he'd fallen. He'd sent the cup flying and the liquid pouring down onto his head.

"Damn it all!" The man said. He had dark, forest green hair that hung down straight over one eyes, while it remain quite wild and wavy in the back. There was a type of monocle on the person's left eye and he sported the same hooded cloak that the others wore.

"Hold it right there brat!" He said thrusting a hand forward. There was a small pulsing in the air around his hand as if it were surrounded in a heat haze. Suddenly, Xekim was unable to move or even struggle. The person lowered his hand and stood up, pompously straightening his monocle, clearing his throat and walking over to the now frozen Xekim. The man twiddled his fingers a bit, and Xekim rose into the air, and then turned upside down.

"Let me go Xalup!" Xekim said, annoyed.

"No way! You were running through the halls like a maniac, and you toppled me over. That gives me no incentive to do so." Xalup said, with a very superior air.

"I was told to go and see Xevenst as soon as possible!"

"Well, that's a shame, since I’m not going to let you go until I get an apology." Xalup said adjusting his monocle unnecessarily, simply for the effect.

"I'm sorry?" Xekim said in a bemused fashion. He was puzzled since Xalup didn't usually let things like this go so easily.

"Hmm, you don't quite sound sincere." Xalup said twiddling his fingers again so that Xekim's head was now an inch from the ground. "Kiss my feet and we'll call it even." He said with a wicked grin. Xekim knew he'd judged the situation to quickly. He wasn't about to demean himself this way. Xekim closed his eyes and began to store up the power of light within his body. Meanwhile, Xalup adjusted his monocle again. "Come one kid, I haven't got all day. Xenomis wants me to sort out some files and I'm on a deadline." Xekim smiled. Xalup raised one eyebrow. "Well if you like the idea of kissing my feet so much, you should do it already."

"No today Xalup, we'll have to reschedule this meeting for another time." Xalup opened his mouth to retort, and then there was a blinding flash of light. The telekinetic bonds that held Xekim broke under the power that he'd just released, and Xalup was stunned by the bright light. Xekim laughed out loud and ran off turning the next corner. Seconds later, the light faded and Xalup stood in the hallway, now alone.

"Xekim...wasn't able to do that before. Where did he learn a skill like that?"

~***~

Xekim finally began to calm down and slow to a walk as he made his way down the marble spiral staircase. He wondered what Xevenst was going to give him. Xekim had a small idea as to what it could be, but he didn't want to get his hopes up for anything great just in case it was something small. Xekim kept walking down the stairs and he hopped down the last six steps. He landed gracefully, letting one foot touch the ground first, then the other landing seconds later. The Living Quarters, were just another hallway lined with six doors on the left side, and seven doors on the right. Each one was engraved with a numeral on the door from I to XIII. Xekim ran his hand along the doors until his hand touch the one inscribed X. Xekim smiled and knocked on the door. The door opened and Xevenst came to greet him, his violet eyes, always welcoming.

"Hey Xekim!" He said kindly. "I'm glad you came so soon. I have a surprise for you." Xevenst pulled Xekim into his room. Xekim had never actually been inside his room before. It was so strange. The white marble in this room was tinged violet, and the walls were covered with book shelves, boxes and jewelry. The large bed in the center of the room, had dark purple sheets and pillows and on the edge of the mattress, lay a thin black box. Xekim looked at Xevenst and he smiled, inclining his head towards the small box. Xekim hastily went to open it and he took out the gift. He'd gotten what he wanted! It was one of the special hooded coats/cloaks that the others wore. Xekim turned to Xevenst with a very broad grin on his face.

"Really, is this for me?!" Xekim asked excitedly.

"Yes. Xenomis felt it was time for you to have one." Xevenst said taking out another box which contained black boots which went with the outfit. Xekim took the coat and held it to his chest trying to see if it fit properly. "You're not going to see if it fits like that. You're going to have to try it on." Xevenst said slyly. Xekim raised one eyebrow.

"Fine! But don't look." Xekim said with a very childish air.

"Very well." Xevenst said, turning around so as to not have a direct view of Xekim, but still seeing him out of the corner of his eye. Xekim stripped off his current clothing. He threw his white t-shirt and brown cargo pants onto the bed. He stood for a moment in white, teddy bear boxers that went down to his knees. Xevenst let out a small chuckle.

"Hey, I thought you weren't looking!"

"I was merely laughing at a joke I remembered." Xevenst lied. Xekim huffed an annoyed breath and pulled on the pair of black pants, that came with the coat and boots. They were very nicely fitted, and comfortable.

"How do they look Xev?"

"I thought you didn't want me to look." Xevenst said with a smile. Xekim let out an exasperated sigh.

"Well, you have permission now. Does it look like it fits?" Xekim asked. Xevenst smiled, turning around slowly and looking Xekim up and down. Xekim noticed that Xevenst's eyes lingered a little longer at his shirtless upper body, than at his pants, and Xekim thought that, that wasn't necessarily a bad thing when it came to Xev.

"You look good." Xevenst said simply. Xekim smiled. He pulled on a black shirt, then the coat and then finally the boots. Xekim smiled, and walked over to a mirror that hung on the wall in the corner of Xevenst's room, next to his bed. He looked himself up and down, and he smiled. He looked just like the other Twelve. Did this mean was actually one of them now?

He kept looking at himself in the mirror, and then something odd happened. The reflection of him in the mirror wasn't the same as the real him outside of it. The version of himself in the mirror, had blond hair and dazzlingly blue eyes. His skin in the mirror, was slightly sun tanned and he looked more healthy, more alive. Xekim tilted his head to the side in interest and confusion. He moved closer to the mirror, and placed his hand on his own reflection. Then the reflection in the mirror changed again, now showing him with dark skin, jet black hair, and piercing yellow and red eyes. Xekim opened his mouth, to let out a breath. He noticed that in this version of him, his teeth were pointed and black. Xekim gazed into the mirror transfixed.

"Hey, Xekim are you alright?" Xekim looked over at Xevenst, who was giving him a weird look.

"Ummm," Xekim began, looking back at the mirror and seeing himself as he was, no longer changed or distorted. "Yeah, I'm doing great...I'm just fine..."

Last edited:

Twilight_Path

Methinks I shall take a crack at this.

His foolishness and naivety had gotten brother had been kidnapped, and his good friend Draco had gotten separated from them after Tiera had lured them into a Heartless ambush back on the planet of Yeulven.

This sentence is somewhat hard to understand; I suggest separating it into two different sentences, that is, one telling about Xekim's brother's predicament and another about the situation of his friend Draco. Of course, there is always the option of a semicolon as well.

He let his mind run through each and every street.

Xekim extended his arms to his sides, and two keyblade appeared in each hand.

The wording of this sentence gives the reader the impression that Xekim holds two keyblades in each hand (making the total number four). Is this what you originally meant, or perhaps you meant to say 'a keyblade appeared in each hand'?

The streets were getting newer as he went along and yet the presence was going ever stronger.

Growing?

"Disgusting..." Xekim said under his breath as he passed the last of the hands.

He looked down to observe its progress, and when he looked up, he saw her.

Tiera, with her golden curly hair.

This is a woman, ja?

However, the Tiera he knew. the cheerful person behind the eyes of the gorgeous girl, was gone.

Either that period needs to be replaced with a comma or 'the' needs to be capitalized.

"What are you so embarrassed about?"

"Well we're friends, you should do stuff like that!" Xekim said, folding his arms.

Change 'should' to 'shouldn't'... he was disproving of the affectionate gesture.

He had to report to his superiors the news he'd received.

"Xevenst, what news have you for us today?" said a female voice from the chair inscribed IX.

You have an excellent writing style that is easy to read and follow along with. Just proofread your chapters for any grammar mistakes and you should be good to go, mate. And really, I find this a worthwhile read. :D

I'll be back in a bit to review the first chapter.

)-(The Anomaly)-(

Thanks a million. I caught a lot of those too while I was re-reading it on my phone. I'll correct it all when I get home. I hope you enjoy the chapters to come! :)

((EDIT)) CHAPTER ONE EDITED!!!

Last edited:

)-(The Anomaly)-(

Author Notes: "It" is in fact referring to Xenomis. EDIT: Oh, I also know that you shouldn't use the word you in your writing and refer to the audience, but I want it that way. I feel it sounds better that way. lol

~*Chapter the Second: A Taste of Sunlight: Part One *~

Xekim stood in the very center of the audience chambers looking around for any trace of the other Twelve. They summoned him here about twenty minutes ago, and yet the room was empty. Xekim shrugged and made a grand leap up to his chair made out of the handsomely cut marble. He sat on it cross legged since the chair itself was in fact quite large. So even when Xekim sat like this, he still had a fair amount of room to move. Xekim wasn't a very patient person. He would often find himself losing his temper in situations where he was made to wait unnecessarily for long periods of time. On this occasion however, he was quite happy to be alone, for it gave him time to dwell upon some recent developments. For the past fort night, he'd been having odd dreams about himself in some unusual situation regarding: a girl he supposedly loved, a brother he knew didn't exist and a mentioned friend who he'd never met. It would all end up in some epic conflict, and yet, once it got to a certain point in the story, Xekim would wake up.

In this story, he was portrayed as a person with great powers that were far beyond the simple manipulations of light and darkness he was capable of now. Not only that, but he was using such odd weapons in the dream too.

Swords in the shape of keys. How silly. Xekim thought, smiling to himself. Then again, Xekim wondered, What would it be like if it wasn't a dream. That sort of life seems endlessly more entertaining than this place. The Station of the never changing, and the never harmful. Xekim sighed, when suddenly a pleasant thought came to him. The version of me in the dream, was able to call upon those two weapons simply by thinking it, and holding his arm forward. Xekim stretched his arm forward in the likeness of his dream self. A dark lightning began to develop on his finger tips. Before he could pour any real feeling into it however, a voice rang out from the archway across from his seat.

"Hey Xekim, are you here?!" Xevenst yelled. Xekim smiled and hopped down gracefully from his seat and waved at Xev. Xev waved back and let out a huge yawn before coming and planting a nice smooch on Xekim's cheek. Xekim spluttered awkwardly for a moment before composing himself and asking,

"Ummm, where is everyone." Xevenst sighed and gave him an unhappy look.

"Not everyone is coming. Only Xenomis." Xekim's eyes widened. Xenomis was the head honcho here. It was supposedly the most powerful person in the Twelve and Xekim didn't even know what power it possessed. As a matter of fact, Xekim knew very little about Xenomis at all. What it looked like, what age it was, and even it's gender were more or less a mystery. Xekim only guessed that Xenomis was a male by the way it's name sounded, but the demeanor of that person was very odd to discern. Not only that, but Xenomis rarely ever spoke. The creature (which was what Xalup called Xenomis) was able to send his thoughts directly into your head and communicate with you via telepathy. Xekim didn't like being around him since he wasn't sure whether his personal information was safe in it's presence. The most eerie thing of all, was probably the way that it never walked either. It would hover around, and you couldn't really see Xenomis' feet under the cloak. So he gave the impression of being a ghost like creature.

"Why does Xenomis want to see me?" Xekim asked, unnerved.

"It want's to make sure you are actually ready for the tasks that would be appointed to you, should you be granted full member status." Xekim scowled at this.

"I thought I was a full member once I got this outfit..." He said feebly, gesturing his own hooded cloak which he wore and washed quite often now. Xev shook his head and Xekim sighed. "What do I have to do to prove myself?"

"Ask it yourself..." Xev said with a strange expression on his face. Xekim looked at him, feeling worried.
What is he so sad about? Xenomis' test can't be all that...

Hello Xekim, hello Xevenst. I'm glad you came. Now we can get this going!

Xekim looked around, shocked that he'd not even noticed Xenomis approach. Xenomis floated into the room so silently, that Xekim did even think that his cloak rustled from the movement. Xekim also didn't like the mind voice that it used. It was like a child's whisper. A faint, but eerie sound that seemed to fill his head and make his thoughts go somewhat fuzzy.

"I'm ready for whatever you ask me." Xekim said bravely, even though his was more nervous than he'd felt in a very long time.

I don't think you know just how hard this is going to be for you child. Xenomis' mind voice said in Xekim's head ominously. You must face me in combat and hold your own for an amount of time I will keep to myself. If you manage to do that, you will be accepted into the group as an official member. If not,you will remain merely apprentice until you manage to do it. He paused for a moment and then continued. Not only that, but you will not be able to try again for another year.

Xekim's eyes widened and he looked at Xevenst pleadingly, but Xev wouldn't look back. He was biting his lip, his arms folded and his eyes closed. His head turned away form the setting of the battle that was about to begin. Xekim had never seen him do that before. Xekim wasn't going to let Xev down. He would pass this test with flying colors and then he wouldn't have to make Xev worry anymore. It was as simple as that.

"Alright Xenomis! Let do this." Xekim summoned up the power of light in one hand and the power of darkness in the other. Xenomis didn't prepare himself in any way that Xekim could see. Xekim raised one eyebrow. He could hear Xenomis laughing in his head. Xekim scowled and broke a terribly fast run. He flexed the hand with light around it, and drew it back. Xekim clenched his fist and threw a punch towards Xenomis. Xenomis merely side stepped him and Xekim could still hear his laughing in his head.

"SHUT UP!" Xekim said, twisting around and aimed to elbow Xenomis in the ribs with his darkness covered arm. Xenomis lifted an arm and he grabbed Xekim's arm. It then lifted Xekim off the ground and threw him across the room as if Xekim were weightless. Xekim hit the wall opposite his former position with a hard !thump! Xekim slid down the wall and he sat on the floor for a moment before getting up and trying again. Xenomis however, was obviously getting bored, for it decided to make things a little bit harder. Xenomis suddenly multiplied into six clones of itself. Each one was an exact replica of the original. Xekim gaped at the scene. One of the clones vanished. Xekim gasped and looked around trying to pinpoint it's location. Then he felt an hand on his shoulder. He turned around and there it was. Xekim was too slow to react. He felt a sharp jolt of pain in his ribs as Xenomis' fist dug into him. Xekim spluttered out in pain and fell to the ground hard. Xekim wasn't sure why he was unable to move right then. He wasn't sure if it was a power that Xenomis had or if it was simply something in his head. No matter what the case was, Xekim couldn't lose.

Xenomis let out a tisk, tisk, tisk mentally. Xenomis floated above him, and it picked Xekim up by the hair. Xekim winced with the pain, and Xevenst made a sad little noise in the corner of the room.

Too bad boy. Well, look at the bright side. There's always next year... And with that, Xenomis drew back it's other fist, and made to throw a vicious punch at Xekim's abdomen. The air around it's arm was literally disturbed by the force of the punch and Xekim knew that it would take him out of commotion for a while. Then, another voice filled his mind. One that he'd found very familiar for some reason, even though he'd never heard them before.

Awaken Xekim. You must come out of this state of half consciousness! You are the keybearer who's life is tied to all things. you have no time for this!

And Xekim awoke. As if from a deep sleep. The memories flowed back into his mind and with them, so did his massive source of power. Meanwhile, the punch still flew towards him. With one of his hands, Xekim grabbed Xenomis's fist and held it tight. The punch was stopped.

"We...need to have a word...Xenomis...!"

Last edited:

)-(The Anomaly)-(

~*Chapter the Third: A Taste of Sunlight: Part 2*~

"Xenomis...we need to have...a word!"
The being looking out of Xekim's eyes at that moment was no longer the innocent and peaceful boy who had just resigned to defeat. This being seemed to be much more rough, cold and maybe even a little bit tormented. Xevenst uncovered his eyes and his attention darted towards the battle.

"Xekim...blocked the punch?" Xevenst whispered to himself. Xenomis was totally silent, but one could sense the shock behind that lack of mental or physical speech. Xenomis dropped Xekim and floated backwards about five feet. Xekim stood up and brushed himself off. He felt as if he'd been sleeping. For how long, he didn't have the faintest idea; all he did know was that this, was not where he'd been when he'd blacked out, however long ago. Xevenst began to try and walk up to Xekim but Xenomis put up a hand to signal stop. Xevenst stopped walking and looked at Xekim, worry in his eyes. "Xekim...are you...alright."

"Where am I!?" Xekim said forcefully. "Xenomis, where have you brought me and who is this person?" Xekim said pointing briefly at Xevenst. "You and me were in the middle of a battle, and now I'm here. What did you do?" Xenomis felt shocked for a moment, and then, behind the shadow of the cloak's hood one could swear it was grinning.

So you still don't remember everything that happened after that point, eh Xekim Lysander?

Xekim's eyes narrowed.

"Remember? What do you mean remember?"

You've been here for almost six months now, keybearer. Though it may feel like quite a bit less after the memory removal and replacement.

Xekim took a few steps toward Xenomis, but Xenomis simply backed up more.

"Well if you won't answer me, I'll just get him to do it." Xekim said harshly, pointing to the now sorrowful Xevenst. Xev looked from Xenomis to Xekim unsure about what to do. He didn't want to hurt his friend, and didn't want to see Xenomis kill him. His Xekim was still in there somewhere after all. Meanwhile, Xekim vanished in a flash of light. Both of members of the Twelve stood perfectly still, looking around only with their eyes. Xenomis snapped its fingers and a ball of black lightning appeared in it's hand. It was small and would only stun Xekim for a few seconds if it hit, but that was all he needed. It didn't want Xekim dead. All its plans would be ruined otherwise.

Xevenst let out a gasp moments later as Xekim reappeared behind him holding the Death of the Heart in his left hand. Xekim wrapped his arm around Xevenst's neck and then held the keyblade to his where he knew the largest vein in his neck would be.

"Alright nobody, you are going to answer all of my questions." Xekim said into Xevenst's ear.

Child!

Xekim looked over towards Xenomis. A ball of violet lightning was flying towards them. Xekim vanished again, and then reappeared across the room from his location. Oddly enough however, the ball just phased through Xevenst when it hit him. Then the ball changed direction in mid air and began speeding towards him. Xekim smirked and put a hand forward to catch the orb of lightning. The ball hit his hand and the energy faded away. Xekim looked over at Xenomis, and could have sworn he could hear it laughing in his head. Xekim tried to walk forwards, but for some reason, his whole body was totally immobile. His joints were frozen, as were his muscles. He couldn't even move the joints and small muscles in his face or even blink. His eyes were beginning to sting.

Meanwhile, Xevenst ran towards him so fast that Xekim had trouble seeing him. Xekim gasped and was suddenly able to move again. It was too late though, Xevenst had already gotten into attack range. He first delivered a crippling blow to Xekim's left elbow. If Xevenst had hit him any harder than he had, the bone would have surely fractured or maybe even broken. Xekim's darkness keyblade fell out of his hand, which was now having trouble working. Xevenst then put his arms around his waist, and Xekim wondered what attack he was going to try next. It couldn't be good. He'd already underestimated him.

"What are you...?!" Before Xekim got to ask his question, Xevenst pressed his lips to Xekim's and kissed him. Xekim's eyes went wide and he struggled for a moment, but only for a moment. Seconds later, a little voice in the back of his head told him it was fine. He relaxed and let Xevenst kiss him. It was very odd since Xevenst felt like a person he'd known for a very long time, even through they'd just met. Xekim even began to enjoy the kiss. He knew that he shouldn't be, seeing as he was in a life-threatening situation, but it was just too difficult not to. That was when a memory came to him. It was a memory that he didn't remember having.

Xevenst, He Who's Heart Burns. He is the tenth member of the Twelve and he has the power to manipulate emotions and even convert them into a power that he could use.

Xekim's eyes widened.

No! I've fallen into his trap!

Xekim's mind began to go faint, and his knees began to grow weak. His muscles slowly stopped working and his heart began to slow. Xekim mumbled a few words lazily before he slipped out of Xevenst's arms and fell unconscious. Xevenst looked down at the now sleeping Xekim with a look of disdain. Xenomis floated towards him and placed a cold, gloved hand on his shoulder. Xevenst shrugged his arm off angrily and looked at him.

"You provoked this relapse Xenomis. You know it's going to be very difficult to get his memories back the way they were before! Faxir may not be able to do such a precise job this time!"

Silence! Xenomis hissed in his mind. I've already thought of plans for his second memory reversal. This time, we'll totally eradicate his memories of the past, instead of suppressing them. It's much more final of a method than we wanted, but everything before his arrival here is going to have to be erased. It paused for a moment, and let out a sigh. Xevenst raised one eyebrow and looked at him. I'm also going to stop his dreams. The Deities of Light can't contact him if he doesn't have a link to them. That should do it. what do you think about the plan Xevenst.

"It's wrong to tamper with his mind like this! Who knows how much damage we could be causing to him. some of it my be irreversible." Xevenst said, mournful looking at Xekim's collapsed form on the ground.

You're acting as if you actually care. A mere brat such as this has invoked your affections? I don't much care for your tastes. Then again can one, such as myself, without tastes really say something like tha
t. Xenomis' laughed and Xevenst scowled. Xenomis began to float away towards the exit hall. Just take him to Faxir, and get the job done. Once he wakes up, tell him he's a member and that passed. Cooping him up here is giving him too much time to think about his hidden powers. We'll let him go on missions, and just for kicks, you can be his partner. Xenomis paused, and looked at the keyblade still sitting next to Xekim. Oh, and you'll need to re-train him. I don't want to have someone useless on my side by any means. With that, it left the room, still laughing its breathy mind laughter. Xevenst bent over Xekim and picked him up. With a small sigh, he carried him off another one of the corridors leading out of the audience chambers.

Last edited:

)-(The Anomaly)-(

((Author’s Notes: Okay, I got grounded from using my computer, but I finally got online again and got this chapter up. Enjoy.))

~*Chapter the Fourth: The Thief and His Unlikely Accomplice*~

The Compendium was known by many people throughout the worlds. It was a massive world, and it to those who resided on it, it seemed almost endless. The world was so massive, that each city was about the size of a small world in and of itself. Normally such planetary bodies were able to exist. The laws of the universe simply didn't allow such things. Most people who knew very little about the light an the dark merely though of the Compendium as a wonder, not to be questioned or investigated. Draco knew better however. Having dealt with the light and the darkness for most of his working life, he had experience in the identification of all light and dark sources. The Compendium resides upon a rift. The last place in the universe where the light, dark and Twilight universes have not completely separated. Most people knew that towards the beginning of all things, the four realms and all the sub-realms between them were once one, living in a perfect balance.

It was assumed that by some massive cataclysmic event, the four realms were split apart. Others have different ideas on how it might have happened, but most likely, they'll never really find out. The Compendium's biggest city was known as the Station Crossings. It is made up of fifteen stations, each representing aspects of light, darkness, the Realm in between and Nothingness. The stations themselves were each the size of a large city, even through those who venture into them are only ever allowed to see a sliver of whole station. Not only that, but some of them are inaccessible by normal means. The Station of Serenity is one of those, as are the stations of Calling and Tranquility. They’re only accessible via dreams and states of unconsciousness. The Stations were all unique, each with different properties or requirements for entry. All of these stations were located in the massive tower known as the Station Crossing. It's base, was seven miles, by seven miles, and that was just the center structure.

Merely a mile from the entrance to the tower, was a relatively small town. It was made up of high tech housed and other structures, but in the middle, there was a very old fashioned clock tower. It would normally considered a tall structure, but next to the titanic tower just behind it, it looked minuscule. On top of that clock tower, stood Draco in a makeshift black cape with a hood. Underneath it, he wore a pair of black cargo pants, and a black, thick leather shirt/chest plate. He had six holsters around his waist for all of his weapons. His favorite two weapons were his guns. One was a pistol that was actually about twice as long and bulky as one would expect a pistol to be. This weapon used an infusion of magical and physical power. Draco’s bullets were all infused with the energies of different magicks making them extremely effective. This gun was named Catalyst. His other weapon was called the Fang of Cerberus. It used mainly fire and lightning magicks for it’s fueling system. It was a rifle with the ability to shoot over ridiculously long distances. Xekim had once said,

“If Draco wants to kill a bug sitting on a building three miles away, he could probably do it with that gun.”

Draco wasn’t sure what he was doing in the Compendium. He’d heard that someone fitting the description of a boy with white hair, pale skin and gray eyes had been spotted near the base of the massive tower, but it was probably just another wild goose chase. He’d been to nearly twenty different worlds so far; following leads that turned all turned out to give him nothing but trouble and disappointment. He’d been growing more and more pessimistic with the passing months. Xekim had been his rival, his best friend. Of course he wouldn't ever tell that to him. Their relationship had been more or less a love hate cycle.

"Hey Draco! Come on down. The meeting's starting!" Said a voice urgently from behind him. He turned around and there was Xekim. Wait...no...not Xekim. Draco's eyes often fooled him when he looked at Zachery. However, Xekim's brother wasn't quite the same as him upon closer inspection. Zachery was much more boyish and his air was juvenile. Zachery was obviously a whole being and his hair was a golden blonde. His eyes were green hazel. Zachery was not as powerful as himself or Xekim, but his proficiency in magic was astounding. It seemed that combat talent ran in the family.

“Alright I’ll be right on down.” Draco said. Zachery nodded and then began to descend the clock towers via a large ladder that ran down the side to a balcony and doorway about halfway down the tower. Draco took one last look at the Station Crossings. “Let this finally be the right place.” He then began to climb down the ladder as well.

~* Later *~

Draco sat at a long wooden table looking around at the table at ten other people. Zachary sat directly across from him and the other nine people were those who were helping to facilitate his and Zachery’s entry into the compendium.

“Well, we have reports from our inside men at the Station Crossings that the boy was taken to the Station of Destitution.” There were some uncomfortable mutters around the table. Draco eye brows went up in suspicion.

“What’s so bad about that station. What requirements are denying us entry?” Draco asked looking at the man who’d just divulged this new piece of information. Draco knew there would be at least one big snag in the operation. He’d had a feeling that this was going to give him and Zachery a lot of grief. “Well?!” He asked a little bit forcefully. One very docile looking woman in further down the table cleared her throat.

“Well, it’s just that...well, those who are whole may not enter that place. It is a place where only the Heartless and Nobodies may enter. That being the case, this boy you are looking for shouldn’t be able to...” Draco cut her off.

“We’re not here to give you information, you are here to assist us. If this turns out to be more than just smoke and mirrors, you can ask him questions when we find him.” The woman shrank back in her chair and Draco looked around the room. “This is an obstacle that simply can’t be overcome by any of our conventional methods. No one here is willing to give up a part of themselves in order to save another being. Besides, thinking realistically, there is no fool proof method in which to do such a thing.” Draco said. He let out a sigh of frustration. “It seems that we’ve hit a brick wall everyone.” We’ll need to find another way. The room was silent. Zachery looked contemplative. He licked his lips and then a thought came to him.

“Well Draco, there is one person we might be able to use...if we can find him.” Draco waited for a moment, and then his eyes went wide.

“Zachery, we can’t. You know how dangerous he is. We can’t entrust him with something like this! Besides, he hates Xekim. What reason would he have to help us.”

“You know that he shares skills and memories with Xekim. If Xekim is dead he would know and if he’s not, he’s the only one here who’s damaged enough to get into the Station of Destitution. After all, he’s more or less a jigsaw of fragmented people!” Zachery said frowning. A man at the far right end of the table stood up.

“Pardon me child, but who is this person you’re speaking of?” Draco and Zachery looked at one another for a moment and then Draco looked at the man.

“Well, you see. There is someone, back from the times we used to travel, who has a strange tie with the boy whom we’re trying to locate.” Draco paused for a moment and then said. “His name you see, is Xascul."

Last edited:

Twilight_Path

Knocked out by a kiss. Never in a million years would I have thought that up. Tis epic.

This tale of yours is unfolding itself well. Not too fast, not too slow, and with just the right amount of information to keep the reader interested.

There were far less grammatical and spelling errors in these more recent pieces, so I won't pick at them. I was too busy enjoying the comfortably pleasing scale of the story. :3

You've got yourself an excellent yarn here, Anomaly. I shall certainly return to continue reading this when the adventure progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back