• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"He is a man infused with darkness"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axie

Sleeping on the couch at the usual spot until such
So. Why would MX not just say" Terra" Instead of "that man" seems suspicious to me :/

It's still really unclear who he's speaking to, of, and when. Sometimes it seems like two different conversations; on the one hand, talking to Ven about "that man" infused with darkness (DS) and then preaching to Terra about how he can't wield the Keyblade and Terra responding with "screw that then, I protect mah homies! D:<"

All conjecture.

Gummi Master

Back to Star Wars, I imagine it's the same motivation the Emperor had for pressuring Luke to kill Darth Vader. The Emperor could have done it himself, easy; it literally would have taken a wave of his hand--but if Luke did it, he'd be lost to the Dark Side. Bet it's the same deal.[/quote]

Not only do I like the Star Wars reference, but with the very limited info. given, I have to agree.
My overall opinion is that there are far too many correlations between Terra and Riku, with the difference being that Riku had a better/stronger friend in Sora than Terra did in Ven *referring to qoute*. Just as Riku eventually the darkness of Ansem, so too did Terra with MX or DS.

Axie

Not only do I like the Star Wars reference, but with the very limited info. given, I have to agree.
My overall opinion is that there are far too many correlations between Terra and Riku, with the difference being that Riku had a better/stronger friend in Sora than Terra did in Ven *referring to qoute*. Just as Riku eventually the darkness of Ansem, so too did Terra with MX or DS.

STAR WARS ROCKS!

Yeah, their motivation for using it seems the same (assuming Terra is; since it hasn't been confirmed, I won't jump to conclusions, but that's the theory I'm most comfortable with). Both seem concerned with protecting their friends above all else, and thus susceptible in the same way.

And, if Terra ultimately gets absorbed into Xehanort, well...Riku's definitely following in his footsteps to the letter. (Though Riku looks to fare better in the end, if that's the case.)

That said, I don't think Terra's connection to Riku goes beyond choosing him for the Keyblade. For some reason, the Kairi and Sora figures are always very similar and/or intimately connected (Sora and Ven, while they look somewhat different, have exactly the same build), but the Riku figures (Riku, Axel, and Terra) are very different from each other.

Qarx

STAR WARS ROCKS!

Yeah, their motivation for using it seems the same (assuming Terra is; since it hasn't been confirmed, I won't jump to conclusions, but that's the theory I'm most comfortable with). Both seem concerned with protecting their friends above all else, and thus susceptible in the same way.

And, if Terra ultimately gets absorbed into Xehanort, well...Riku's definitely following in his footsteps to the letter. (Though Riku looks to fare better in the end, if that's the case.)

That said, I don't think Terra's connection to Riku goes beyond choosing him for the Keyblade. For some reason, the Kairi and Sora figures are always very similar and/or intimately connected (Sora and Ven, while they look somewhat different, have exactly the same build), but the Riku figures (Riku, Axel, and Terra) are very different from each other.

I must've missed something. How is Axel connected to BBS/RIKU? I don't see the resemblense(sp)....

Axie

I must've missed something. How is Axel connected to BBS/RIKU? I don't see the resemblense(sp)....

If we look at the way the trinities are set up, there's always three types:

Hero boy: Sora, Roxas, Ven(?)
Best friend: Riku, Axel, Terra(? These two may be opposite)
Chick: Kairi, Xion, Aqua

Sora, Roxas, and Ven are obviously inextricably intertwined; Kairi, Xion, and Aqua to a lesser degree; but Riku, Axel, and Terra are dramatically different, even though they fill the same role in their respective trinities (the guy who will do anything for his friends, even if it means doing the wrong thing).

I'm not sure about Ven's status, but even if he is actually the role of Best Friend instead of Hero Boy in BBS, Terra actually resembles Sora to a degree; Ven looks nothing like Riku OR Axel.

Qarx

If we look at the way the trinities are set up, there's always three types:

Hero boy: Sora, Roxas, Ven(?)
Best friend: Riku, Axel, Terra(? These two may be opposite)
Chick: Kairi, Xion, Aqua

Sora, Roxas, and Ven are obviously inextricably intertwined; Kairi, Xion, and Aqua to a lesser degree; but Riku, Axel, and Terra are dramatically different, even though they fill the same role in their respective trinities (the guy who will do anything for his friends, even if it means doing the wrong thing).

I'm not sure about Ven's status, but even if he is actually the role of Best Friend instead of Hero Boy in BBS, Terra actually resembles Sora to a degree; Ven looks nothing like Riku OR Axel.

Oh, ok. That makes more sense.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
As confusing as it may seem, it's not confusing at all. If it's LOOKING at DS and talking about darkness, which has has the suit of darkness that Riku had, only a few slight changes, wouldn't you think so?
Johnny: YOUR an idiot *looks at Bob*
Bob: Me?
Johnny: Not you, I just randomly looked at you to make people think I was calling you an idiot. I was talking about Bush.
Bush::thumbsup:
See, that wouldn't make much sense, although SE does tend to try and confuse us.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
As confusing as it may seem, it's not confusing at all. If it's LOOKING at DS and talking about darkness, which has has the suit of darkness that Riku had, only a few slight changes, wouldn't you think so?
Johnny: YOUR an idiot *looks at Bob*
Bob: Me?
Johnny: Not you, I just randomly looked at you to make people think I was calling you an idiot. I was talking about Bush.
Bush::thumbsup:
See, that wouldn't make much sense, although SE does tend to try and confuse us.

First off, dont try to be funny.....Ever.

Second, it wasnt confirmed that he was looking at DS, the screen just switched to a shot of him. MX was looking at the camera the whole time so its not sure exactly who he's looking at.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
First off, dont try to be funny.....Ever.

Second, it wasnt confirmed that he was looking at DS, the screen just switched to a shot of him. MX was looking at the camera the whole time so its not sure exactly who he's looking at.
First off, I wasn't trying to be funny, only showing an example of it (I tend to do examples people can follow easily, not try and make it too complicated) . And true it did flash off to MX, but still, wouldn't it make more sense? Either way if they wanted the other to be eliminated, it would result in Terra vs. DS. Explained further, Let's say MX wants DS to eliminate Terra, the man filled with Darkness, or possibly vice versa. In the end, epic fight.

Axie

First off, I wasn't trying to be funny, only showing an example of it (I tend to do examples people can follow easily, not try and make it too complicated) . And true it did flash off to MX, but still, wouldn't it make more sense? Either way if they wanted the other to be eliminated, it would result in Terra vs. DS. Explained further, Let's say MX wants DS to eliminate Terra, the man filled with Darkness, or possibly vice versa. In the end, epic fight.

The trailers are plain confusing. In one of them, Terra's there--in another, he's not, and it's Ven alone getting pwnt by the DS. In that case, MX could be telling Ven to destroy the DS (since it's obvious he's manipulating Ven in some way with the promise of giving back "what you lost"), or he could be telling the DS to destroy Ven (since he "did something to Ven's heart).

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
The trailers are plain confusing. In one of them, Terra's there--in another, he's not, and it's Ven alone getting pwnt by the DS. In that case, MX could be telling Ven to destroy the DS (since it's obvious he's manipulating Ven in some way with the promise of giving back "what you lost"), or he could be telling the DS to destroy Ven (since he "did something to Ven's heart).
Nice thinking, although I'm not 100% sure about that. It showed him talking to Terra, then continued onward with the audio of his voice and flashed over to DS.

Axie

Nice thinking, although I'm not 100% sure about that. It showed him talking to Terra, then continued onward with the audio of his voice and flashed over to DS.

Did that when Ven was there, too. Plus, audio's fickle; they can always play it in places where it doesn't actually occur. (ex: In the beginning of the one where Axel's talking and they show the Popsicle sticks and the usual spot, I'm not entirely convinced that that's where the lines are supposed to lay exactly; or in KH2 when during Roxas's dream, Kairi says "wherever you go, I'll always be with you" as Sora's locking a Keyhole.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back