• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

HD Remasters Development

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wii.red24

the HD remasters are probably still a long ways off and whenever they do come out i dont see why its really going to be worth it anyway just to play a game that supposdley looks better but its the same damn game :/

StVen

I don't know about you guys but I would probably still enjoy it. I've played KH1/2 million times and still not getting tired of killing stuff. I just want this to happen, an addition to my collections :)

TehSoulCookie

I would buy it. Nothing would stop me from buying it. Even if, at the time it comes out, I still don't own a PS3. Because, I bought 2 games for the PSP before I owned it. So, yeah, if it's Kingdom Hearts (or some other game series I love) then, I am going to buy it. :D

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I plan to replay every KH game after playing KH3. I think it would be nice to have the opportunity to replay some of them in HD. Also, there is a chance that the remasters will be of the Final Mix games. All the more reason.

tacochance

^Erm, they are releasing Peace Walker & MGS 3 on 360, Konami obviously see no issue with it.

I didn't see a MGS collection happening on the Xbox 360 either, but guess what? It's happening. I'm sure there won't be a KH collection on 360, but it would be cool if they did. Although the ONLY reason I want it to remain a PS3 thing, is because I need a reason to buy a PS3.

Well the Silent Hill Collection will be PS3 exclusive. So clearly Konami DOES see some issue with it, >_>

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
the HD remasters are probably still a long ways off and whenever they do come out i dont see why its really going to be worth it anyway just to play a game that supposdley looks better but its the same damn game :/

Because some people have dying PS2s but have new PS3s and might just want to play a game they like on the PS3.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Then why wouldn't SH see a release on 360? Though I do admit MGS and KH have bigger fanbases than SH, and a fanbase that's international as opposed to SH's mainly NA fanbase.

Because they didn't want to? Idk, but using SH being only for PS3 to say that they don't like going multiplat makes no sense. MGS Collection and Rising already prove you wrong.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
How will it be possible to release Kingdom Hearts 1 in HD? Oh, I definitely want it, but the problem is that Disney lost the rights to Tarzan so they are prohibited from using it again thanks to those awesome copyright laws >_>

The only options would be to
#1 remove Deep Jungle. You can't do this because it kind of messes up the storyline.
#2 get the rights to Tarzan back. I would LOVE this because then they could use Tarzan again in other KH games. However, considering Disney has already done a movie, a sequel, and an animated TV series, I don't know if Disney would budge just to rerelease a KH game and do nothing else.

Any ideas?

For The King

Then why wouldn't SH see a release on 360? Though I do admit MGS and KH have bigger fanbases than SH, and a fanbase that's international as opposed to SH's mainly NA fanbase.

Because Team Silent is no more, and it would be hard for them to get some random developer to go in and remaster the games because they would have to code it for the PS3. MGS's team is still around.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
How will it be possible to release Kingdom Hearts 1 in HD? Oh, I definitely want it, but the problem is that Disney lost the rights to Tarzan so they are prohibited from using it again thanks to those awesome copyright laws >_>

#1 remove Deep Jungle. You can't do this because it kind of messes up the storyline.
#2 get the rights to Tarzan back. I would LOVE this because then they could use Tarzan again in other KH games. However, considering Disney has already done a movie, a sequel, and an animated TV series, I don't know if Disney would budge just to rerelease a KH game and do nothing else.

Any ideas?

I never really thought about that. Well it looks like KH1 is screwed. SE only ever said they were considering remasters anyway so it's not like we should really have expected it to happen in the first place.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I never really thought about that. Well it looks like KH1 is screwed. SE only ever said they were considering remasters anyway so it's not like we should really have expected it to happen in the first place.

Any ideas?

I feel like this is a case where it can't be retroactively removed. Disney will probably just get the rights to use it again for the HD remaster. After all, there was probably some kind of agreement that covered things like this. Something like "any future distribution of this game will be allowed to use [insert world here] as long as it does not break the agreement so laid out during this agreement."

I don't know too much about copyright laws, though, but from the small amount of law studies I do have, you generally can't alter/remove/void things ex post facto.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
They don't have to remove it I think. The product is already in existence, they probably just can't reuse the world in upcoming KH games.

YoshiAngemon

Better idea: Since most KH Games are a remake of the Original Game, then just have the KH Collection consist of Re:Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (with Bonus Content, like an extended storyline). Besides, you can have your PS2s serviced by Sony, for a small fee. It's no big.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Better idea: Since most KH Games are a remake of the Original Game, then just have the KH Collection consist of Re:Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (with Bonus Content, like an extended storyline).

I'd rather it have KH1, Re:CoM, and KH2 in the HD Remaster. BBS would be a part of the PSP Remasters and I'm betting it will have some kind of special release when BBSv2 comes out.

YoshiAngemon

You know, the HD Remasters will not be anything without a few revisions, like say... Goofy's explanation about Pete. Change "His Majesty banished him to another dimension a long time ago" to "Queen Minnie banished him to another dimension, years ago."

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Better idea: Since most KH Games are a remake of the Original Game, then just have the KH Collection consist of Re:Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (with Bonus Content, like an extended storyline). Besides, you can have your PS2s serviced by Sony, for a small fee. It's no big.

No.

You know, the HD Remasters will not be anything without a few revisions, like say... Goofy's explanation about Pete. Change "His Majesty banished him to another dimension a long time ago" to "Queen Minnie banished him to another dimension, years ago."

It was in the original game so I don't see why they should change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back