• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► HD- it's like, prettier.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
"is this a 6 or an 8?" -me playing disgaea 3

hell i cant even read the solid eye hud text in mgs4. can scarcely read text logs in dead space. at least vanquish has a setting that helps the game display better on standard-def tvs

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
worst part about hd: every video game developer thinks everyone has high-def tvs

i know right. i can't a read a word of the text log on dead space without squinting, and the ff13 datalog was horrible!

and amaefuna, I wouldn't mind buying one of those, but there are some problems.

1) my brother would trick my parents into getting them not to buy it ("it's bigger than my tv, he doesn't need a tv that big, don't buy it!" etc.)
2) I would hit the tv when I walked into my room
3) my sister's friend would probably throw the playstation move controller into it

O

Oberon

If anyone is lucky enough to have a circuit city near them that is going out of business (I do), they might be having a 50% sale on just about everything. Including HDTV's.

worst part about hd: every video game developer thinks everyone has high-def tvs
Yeah, it does suck a lot. I can almost never read the text on racing games (GT5 for instance) and, as already said, MGS4.

Although in my experience most gamers will have an HDTV. Most gamers I know do have one, anyway, except maybe 20% of them. Not trying to say it's a small number, but there's a majority from what I can tell. I'll have to look at larger statistics, since I'm sure my perception is at least partially wrong on some level.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
fffffffffffffffff 40" with the same specs is only $550.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
So while my girlfriend and I were going through stores furniture 'shopping' (just to get a feel of prices, what we like, etc.) I told her that we needed to make a decision regarding size and type of TV that we got. It just so happened that at Walmart they had the Bravia that we'd been looking at, and she said it was too big. I was alright with that considering smaller=cheaper, so we looked at the smaller ones.

We ended up deciding on:

*$698 after $100 Instant Savings* 40" Samsung LCD 1080p 120Hz HDTV - Sam's Club

Because she 1. likes the way the actual TV looks better, and 2. it's got a nicer screen with more accurate colors, from what we were able to tell.

So, yeah. I end up saving $200, which is pretty alright. :D

D

Deleted member 36435

Actually that has a higher refresh rate than the one I use but that isn't incredibly necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back