• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► HBO Adaptation of Green Day's American Idiot Officially Green Lit

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandymint

Awards
Reported on NME.

Green Day have revealed that progress in finally being made on the long-awaited movie adaptation of their seminal album 'American Idiot'.

The politically-charged 2004 album saw a revival of their career, and was later turned into a Broadway Musical with a spin-off in London. It has been tipped and discussed to be made into a film since its release, before reports emerged in 2011 of Tom Hanks wanting to produce it, before the film was finally confirmed in 2013 and playwright Rolin Jones revealed he was 'finishing up' the script back the following year.

Now, frontman Billie Joe Armstrong has told NME that progress is well underway with the project, that HBO were behind it and that he'd be reprising his own Broadway role as the character St. Jimmy.

"That’s the plan right now, yeah," said Armstrong. "We’ve got a green light from HBO, and the script is currently going through a couple of rewrites here and there, so I’m not sure when exactly we’re going to start shooting, but it’s definitely all systems go at the moment."

The article also mentions Billie Joe's upcoming movie, Ordinary World, as well as Green Day's new album, Revolution Radio which is due to drop tomorrow.

I don't know how many of you here would be interested in watching this, but I grew up with this album and Green Day as a whole. The earliest song I can remember listening to was When I Come Around off of Dookie.

Time to feel like a kid again. Bring back the punk.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
This is way cool. I don't listen to Green Day as much as I used to, but they were super influential on a younger me. I'm definitely going to check this one out.

Pandymint

Awards
Remember the joke when people asked if Green Day was a film? NOW IT IS!

I remember the rumors all the way back to ten years ago. It's been rumored for so long. I even thought the long versions of Jesus of Suburbia and Wake Me Up When September Ends' videos were clips from the movie.

This is way cool. I don't listen to Green Day as much as I used to, but they were super influential on a younger me. I'm definitely going to check this one out.

Yeah they kinda fell out of favor with me after 21st Century Breakdown. That album was solid, but not really what they said it was. And Uno, Dos and Tre are... Okay at best. But if Bang Bang is any indication of Revolution Radio, it sounds like they're getting back to their roots again.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Yeah they kinda fell out of favor with me after 21st Century Breakdown. That album was solid, but not really what they said it was. And Uno, Dos and Tre are... Okay at best. But if Bang Bang is any indication of Revolution Radio, it sounds like they're getting back to their roots again.

Agreed, I love the sound of Bang Bang, and I can only hope that the rest of the album goes in that direction.

Pandymint

Awards
Agreed, I love the sound of Bang Bang, and I can only hope that the rest of the album goes in that direction.

They've released two other songs that I'm aware of, Still Breathing and Revolution Radio. Still Breathing is more in the vein of tracks like Boulevard, Are We The Waiting, 21 Guns, but still has firm punk roots with the chord progression and distorted guitar.

Revolution Radio is definitely more along the lines of Bang Bang. Give it a listen if you got 3 minutes to spare.

[video=youtube;LHPKOy3dtqQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHPKOy3dtqQ[/video]

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
They've released two other songs that I'm aware of, Still Breathing and Revolution Radio. Still Breathing is more in the vein of tracks like Boulevard, Are We The Waiting, 21 Guns, but still has firm punk roots with the chord progression and distorted guitar.

Revolution Radio is definitely more along the lines of Bang Bang. Give it a listen if you got 3 minutes to spare.

[video=youtube;LHPKOy3dtqQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHPKOy3dtqQ[/video]

Totally forgot that I've listened to Still Breathing. I dug it.

I really like what they're doing with the Revolution Radio track now that I've listened to it. Totally ready for this album now.

Pandymint

Awards
Totally forgot that I've listened to Still Breathing. I dug it.

I really like what they're doing with the Revolution Radio track now that I've listened to it. Totally ready for this album now.

Agreed. So much so that I might have uh, well, ordered this.

2c93a53f6f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back