• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Having some trouble with Trickmaster (I know I'm disappointed in myself)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

soranjaxx

I know he's one of the easiest bosses but I get so close every time. I'm all good until he lights his batons on fire and he shoots them at you, I've tried dodge rolling and keeping potions with me but I still get killed before I can beat him. How did you guys beat him? I'm sure he's probably so easy I don't know why I'm having such an issue...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's okay. It took me ten tries to beat it in KHFM on Proud. They retooled the difficulties of some bosses so lol is's a LOT harder than in the vanilla KH.

I...tried my luck? Level 15, made sure to get Blizzard from the Cheshire Cat beforehand. Hit it as many times as I could from jumping off of the table. Once it starts lighting the pins and spammed fireballs, dodged or hid behind the table. Make sure Donald and Goofy have plenty of potions before going into battle, and I'd suggest changing their AI settings so they will attack all of the time and heal when in emergencies.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I despise this guy. Always have, always will. EVERY incarnation is a headache!

As for strategy, I was playing Proud at lvl12. Get on his side and kinda tangle yourself up in his kicks. Every time he turns to kick you or take a swipe, stay on the side of his legs and he can't hurt you. The broad side. You can jump and reach him for about 2 hits per combo, so just do the 2. After he lights the fires, follow him and get underfoot again.

It worked perfectly for me after I discovered it ;3 Just a few scratches was all I got :D

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
He was definitely tougher than I remembered! But the strategy mentioned by ChibiHearts249 works really well. I failed to beat him like three times and during all of these attempts I made the mistake of getting far away from him. It seemed so obvious to me that the way to beat him was by getting up on that table and jump onto him. It kind of worked until he started to lit his sticks. After that he kept on spamming those fireballs at me like crazy. Sure, you can hardly reach him if you attack him from the ground, but that's the key to survive. His fireballs cannot hit you when you're standing right next to him. Just watch out for his leg attacks and you will be able to beat him.

soranjaxx

Thanks for the advice guys I'll give it another go! :)

I finally beat him! So happy I was about the throw my controller at the tv!

Last edited by a moderator:

Energy

If you pick the shield first in dream, u will unlock block at lvl 15 which can block back the fire he shoots at you

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
It's okay. It took me ten tries to beat it in KHFM on Proud. They retooled the difficulties of some bosses so lol is's a LOT harder than in the vanilla KH.

I...tried my luck? Level 15, made sure to get Blizzard from the Cheshire Cat beforehand. Hit it as many times as I could from jumping off of the table. Once it starts lighting the pins and spammed fireballs, dodged or hid behind the table. Make sure Donald and Goofy have plenty of potions before going into battle, and I'd suggest changing their AI settings so they will attack all of the time and heal when in emergencies.

That would've been so much easier. I insisted on doing it at level 12, took forever and spent half the fight hiding behind a chair xP

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If you pick the shield first in dream, u will unlock block at lvl 15 which can block back the fire he shoots at you
Or you can try and hit the fireballs back (getting you tech points in the process). If I remember correctly, this also instantly knocks the guy out, but I can't remember.

Interesting about thunder and Olympus though. Never did Olympus without having done Wonderland first. Might give it a try once I've completed Deep Jungle (love my Cure too much)

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Either hit the fireballs back or hide behind a chair or table when he shoots it. Before you say, he makes them disappear. As long as you don't over use them, only one will go away. I usually use the bookcase, so I keep him to that side and he only pushed the table down once... the chair stayed. And when he went to the stove, he just kept hitting the chair. :3

EeveeEskimo 369

Okay I know this is old as all hell but I feel like helping so whatevs.
Have as many normal potions each of your characters can hold, anything better than that would be wasted on such low level characters.
Have their settings as use items when endanger and attack constantly the other two I had as middles.
My level was 11 for Sora, 10 for Donald and 14 for goofy. Ofcourse you don't have to follow this exactly.
His attacks are pretty easy to read jump to hit him 1 or two times then dodge roll as he swings to hit you. When he lights his torches on fire he's not going to use the fireball attack if you close enough but his swings will still pack an extra punch.
The best times to attack him are obviously when he's been stunned but also when he's lighting his torches you might get 3 or 4 hits in at those times

symoyed

Okay I know this is old as all hell but I feel like helping so whatevs.
Have as many normal potions each of your characters can hold, anything better than that would be wasted on such low level characters.
Have their settings as use items when endanger and attack constantly the other two I had as middles.
My level was 11 for Sora, 10 for Donald and 14 for goofy. Ofcourse you don't have to follow this exactly.
His attacks are pretty easy to read jump to hit him 1 or two times then dodge roll as he swings to hit you. When he lights his torches on fire he's not going to use the fireball attack if you close enough but his swings will still pack an extra punch.
The best times to attack him are obviously when he's been stunned but also when he's lighting his torches you might get 3 or 4 hits in at those times
You're right this thread is old as hell BUT I am brand new to playing this game (first video game I've ever been into!) and this was SO helpful so thank you so so so much! I didn't even know I could change their settings!

EeveeEskimo 369

You're right this thread is old as hell BUT I am brand new to playing this game (first video game I've ever been into!) and this was SO helpful so thank you so so so much! I didn't even know I could change their settings!
No problemo it's good to know I did help out cause all the stuff I found wasn't the most helpful

AegisXIII

Awards
I think the goal of this boss is to teach us to use magic, but... you can theoretically enter the arena without blizzard and you need to master jumping as well. So, it's way to hard as a first disney world boss. What were they thinking?

KingdomCandyHearts

Thanks for the advice guys I'll give it another go! :)

I finally beat him! So happy I was about the throw my controller at the tv!
I finally beat him too!! I turned the AI on completely manual and made them attack like crazy! I stayed under his legs and took him out in about 15 combo hits!!! Eeeee!

Back