• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Have you ever imported the Japanese versions?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
I actively imported 358/2 Days and BbS back in the day. I thought being able to experience the games early before the English versions came out was such a cool novelty, and it was easy to do in this case, since they were region-free handheld titles.

Before that I also imported the two Final Mixes. I even imported a Japanese PS2 console just to play them. It was really cool.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I imported Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and Kingdom Hearts 2.5 since the PS3 was region free and I was making my own money to spend on frivolous purchases. I'm glad I imported the latter, since it included the English Final Mix exclusive scenes that weren't supposed to be released for another 2 months.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
When I was younger and discovered through this site that the Final Mixes existed, I was so tempted to import a Japanese PS2 and KH1 and 2 Final Mixes (and ReCOM). Something was telling me to hold off on that and just be patient... and turns out I was right and didn't have to bother do all of that since all of them were eventually released multiple times on English consoles.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I started importing with 2.5, because the 1.5+2.5 Collector's Pack was really cool and different from the Collector's Edition we got in the West.
Since then I've double-dipped with English and Japanese copies of every release.
As well, I've been playing the Japanese version of Union χ[Cross] since launch.

I actually wound up preferring the Japanese versions, and mostly play those. I really like the Japanese O/X controls.

maximumlight8

Awards
I imported 1.5HD because the release time was so much longer and I just wanted to play KH1. was completely worth it, really enjoyed platinuming KH1. It also made me enjoy ReCom since I almost 100% that game too.

I imported 2.5 but I kinda regretted it. Wasn't as worth it to me, just didn't think 2.5HD was that great of a port since there were more glaring issues and the load times really hindered a lot of the experience. That game really needed install data.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I imported 1.5 and 2.5 on PS3 because it seemed like a special occasion and my stupid ass didn't realize they'd eventually port them to PS4 lol.

I bought the Japanese version of KH3 off a friend since they'd imported the KH PS4 but didn't need another copy of the game.

Back