• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Have you ever been Ripped Off/Scammed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steamboatwillis

Have you guys ever been Ripped Off/Scam or a part of fraud?
Yesterday I went to buy a laptop for college, and I went on a Chinese wholesale website. I bought a laptop for $1,200. Don't ask me why I thought that site was legit, but it wasn't. I paid through pay-pal, luckily I called pay-pal and they were able to return my money. I went from :frown: -----> :biggrin:

What are some stories you have?

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
i once had to buy a shawarma chicken for 300 cents over it's original price
damn that Indian!

O

Oberon

When I was in first grade, I gave my holographic Charizard and Hitmonchan to a fifth grader that said he was going to pay me the next day.

He never did :(
I think most of us have fallen for that one. I did the same with a GBA game of mine in 5th grade. :l

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
^Haha same thing happened to me in fifth grade!

I gave away my warioland avdvance :c

Magic

I bought a Game Boy Color for $30 from someone in my neighborhood. It was really a giant rip off.
I lent my Pokemon Sapphire to the same person and I never got it back. I was so angry! I was really more ticked off about Sapphire, though.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Oh i know i've been ripped off before, i just can't exactly remember exactly what it was i got ripped off from, lol. I'm sure that one way or another it could have been something on bought, a sneaky salesman, that kind of stuff

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I bought a collection of Kingdom Hearts music and when I got it the sound quality on one of the CD's was awful. I almost got scammed on eBay but the seller got kicked off before the sell was final. After that I was more careful on eBay.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
:/ I shared a phone bill with my older sister, who cut off my end after i payed the bill and lied and said i wasn't giving her money which was bullshit.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I bought a copy of Zelda: the Minish Cap on ebay a little while back. It worked fine, but I noticed the plastic of the cartridge was a little different from normal, and it was hard to get in my DS's GBA slot. Then I found online that the sticker's background was the wrong color. I guessed it was a fake, but I wasn't sure. Then I tried to use an Gameshark to get one really annoying item, and the game went poop. It never turned on again, and the guy got rid of his ebay account before I could send it back and get my money back. I kinda miss that game...

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Drat. Double post. Mods feel free to delete.

Last edited:

The Enigmatic Man

The Power Cosmic Master
At one of those all day summer camps, not the overnight ones, I became friends with this one kid who had some epic Pokemon(Mewtwo, Legendary Birds, etc) and he asked me to level his Pokemon for him from like whatever they were to 100 as a favor and I agreed. My mom said I technically don't have to go to the last day of camp if I didn't want to so I told him I'd take his Pokemon Red home and work on it then be back the next day. Never went back and never saw him again.

Driving home I thought about it for a second and didn't remember what the kid named the Pokemon trainer. I checked and thankfully all he put was "Ash" and not his name because that would've ruined it for me.

After a year or so I sort of felt bad but then Pokemon Stadium came out and his line up helped me take out the Elite Four and all the tournaments so no regrets.

Karma: I think someone stole my Pokemon Silver. Fair enough.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
A few years ago my mum picked up a fifty from the ground. When she went to the ATM the machine cut her short $150. Since then I just leave any money I find on the floor, on the floor. Illogical, false causal attribution? All the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back