• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

'Have you decided?'

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
that's basically my theory right there....but i'm not even so sure you read the theory....it's basically data of ansem the wise that he hid in sora (when sora was in that one year sleep).

it wasn't targeted at you. i was supporting your theory :/

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I think that the only reason they had Riku ask 'have you decided' was because they wanted to continue the scene after Kairi ran over with the message at the end of KH2, but they didn't want to just continue it directly.

There was that big montage of 'Sora...' and looking at the sky, which set up Sora's importance and probably the goals of his later adventures.... So the writers needed to get him alone somehow to carry the impact over when we actually see the real Sora.

After the three of them were all together with the message, how do we get Sora alone? Make him need time to think. There we have him dramatically posed against the sky.... etc etc

This is doubly effective because then we get to have Riku ask 'have you decided?', and Sora say 'yes', which sets up the beginning of the next game.

So really it's just a storytelling device, that's all I can see.
Agree with you 100% on this.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I think that the only reason they had Riku ask 'have you decided' was because they wanted to continue the scene after Kairi ran over with the message at the end of KH2, but they didn't want to just continue it directly.

There was that big montage of 'Sora...' and looking at the sky, which set up Sora's importance and probably the goals of his later adventures.... So the writers needed to get him alone somehow to carry the impact over when we actually see the real Sora.

After the three of them were all together with the message, how do we get Sora alone? Make him need time to think. There we have him dramatically posed against the sky.... etc etc

This is doubly effective because then we get to have Riku ask 'have you decided?', and Sora say 'yes', which sets up the beginning of the next game.

So really it's just a storytelling device, that's all I can see.

I completely agree with this. I don't know why people have come to the conclusion that there would be an entire game based on Sora saying "yes"

RoseGirl007

- I think that was because Sora had to decided whether to save those 'connected' to him or not, and he definitely decided - because he replied "Yeah" to Riku.
- I also doubt it takes place between End of KHII and KHIII because Sora and Riku in the trailer are both seen in there KHI forms, and i dont think they'll place any side games between KHII and KHII, because there isn't anything to really tell the story of as KHII was the conclusion kind of, as Sora gave the luck charm back to Kairi and returning home, except for Sora saying yes - which i believe we will find more out about this in KHIII, there isn't anything worth creating.

:)

loke13

- I think that was because Sora had to decided whether to save those 'connected' to him or not, and he definitely decided - because he replied "Yeah" to Riku.
- I also doubt it takes place between End of KHII and KHIII because Sora and Riku in the trailer are both seen in there KHI forms, and i dont think they'll place any side games between KHII and KHII, because there isn't anything to really tell the story of as KHII was the conclusion kind of, as Sora gave the luck charm back to Kairi and returning home, except for Sora saying yes - which i believe we will find more out about this in KHIII, there isn't anything worth creating.

1. there are no side games in KH. 2. This game is already confirmed to take place in the timeline of the current games.

RoseGirl007

1. there are no side games in KH. 2. This game is already confirmed to take place in the timeline of the current games.

Haha, you misunderstood me XD, - i meant side game, as a game between the main ones (being Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, 3. I meant i dont think Kingdom Hearts 3DS will take place in between Kingdom Hearts 2 and 3.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
When he said KH's current timeline, couldn't he have meant KH1- KH2?

Dcasd1

if u look at the bbs secret ending i don't think whats after that is kh3 but kh3d itself

Allister Rose

French Lover
I completely agree with this. I don't know why people have come to the conclusion that there would be an entire game based on Sora saying "yes"
you're missing the point (or refusing to). the theory isn't completely based on that question (but it allows us to see where the timeline is).

skyfoxx: have you decided?
Allister:yeah

^^^see how vague that is? for one the question wasn't asking for a specific answer. so it's not like riku asked "have you decided to help them out and save everyone that is connected to you?". no, it was simply "have you decided" as in "Do you know what you're going to do?" at least that's how i interpreted it. Sora saying "yeah" means he has. but does he know everything there is to know?

Does mickey's letter give exact detail on how to save TAV, and RAX in order for Sora to say he decides to save them? The letter barely mentions those that need saving. but you think nomura is going to make it so sora completely understands?

(by the way, kh coded ended right where kh2 left off, the only difference was mickey was scene in it and what the letter was about. other than that the scene looks just like kh2)

coded ending and BBS secret ending leave a small window that i believe could possibly where kh3d takes place.

thats basically my theory. there was such a game, it was kh coded.

loke13

you're missing the point (or refusing to). the theory isn't completely based on that question (but it allows us to see where the timeline is).

^^^see how vague that is? for one the question wasn't asking for a specific answer. so it's not like riku asked "have you decided to help them out and save everyone that is connected to you?". no, it was simply "have you decided" as in "Do you know what you're going to do?" at least that's how i interpreted it. Sora saying "yeah" means he has. but does he know everything there is to know?

Does mickey's letter give exact detail on how to save TAV, and RAX in order for Sora to say he decides to save them? The letter barely mentions those that need saving. but you think nomura is going to make it so sora completely understands?

(by the way, kh coded ended right where kh2 left off, the only difference was mickey was scene in it and what the letter was about. other than that the scene looks just like kh2)

coded ending and BBS secret ending leave a small window that i believe could possibly where kh3d takes place.
thats basically my theory. there was such a game, it was kh coded.
I think it was obvious to everyone what Riku was asking Sora. Hence why there is no need for a game.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I think it's plainly obvious Riku was asking "Have you decided to save everyone connected to you?" What else would he have meant? I don't know why it came off as a "Have you decided what you'll do?" in your head but it sure as heck didn't in mine.

AllisterRose said:
but you think nomura is going to make it so sora completely understands?

No I just expect Sora to talk to Mickey and have Mickey explain it all to him or to ask if he can explore the data inside Sora.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I think it's plainly obvious Riku was asking "Have you decided to save everyone connected to you?" What else would he have meant? I don't know why it came off as a "Have you decided what you'll do?" in your head but it sure as heck didn't in mine.

No I just expect Sora to talk to Mickey and have Mickey explain it all to him or to ask if he can explore the data inside Sora.
1.because the first one sounds stupid for riku to asks. the second makes more sense since riku doesn't know exactly what to do.

2.i doubt mickey knows. he was able to turn the journal into data, but i doubt he knows how to decipher ansems research (unless they were meant for mickey which just sounds a little odd). that and it seems to be something more closer to after kh2, as in way after. which will only make less sense to kh3 for those who weren't able to play it

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
no, it was simply "have you decided" as in "Do you know what you're going to do?" at least that's how i interpreted it.

'Decided' means 'decided', not 'know what to do'. What Riku's whole question means is, 'have you decided to go do what the King is asking in the letter?' Sora saying that he has decided means that he has decided to go fix things.

The fact that the exact details about TAV aren't in the letter just means the first part of whatever game is next will probably include a tutorial-level-type intro that sums up BBS (hello plot device), from Mickey or someone similar (think Leon in KH1, Yen Sid in KH2).

...So you're trying to say that KH3D happened between coded ending and bbs secret ending?

I seriously, seriously doubt it. What's more likely?

-Sora gets letter on DI (KH2)
-Sora reads letter on DI (coded)
-Sora thinks alone for a little on DI about whether he really wants to leave the home he finally returned to
-Sora decides to do the right thing and help
-Riku asks him, 'have you decided?' (BBS)
-Sora says 'yeah' (BBS)
~KH3d happens~

OR

-Sora gets letter on DI
-Sora reads letter on DI
-Sora and Riku go on magical adventure to fully understand contents of the letter (KH3D)
-Sora and Riku return to DI
-Riku asks him 'have you decided?'
-Sora says 'yeah'

Allister Rose

French Lover
'Decided' means 'decided', not 'know what to do'. What Riku's whole question means is, 'have you decided to go do what the King is asking in the letter?' Sora saying that he has decided means that he has decided to go fix things.

The fact that the exact details about TAV aren't in the letter just means the first part of whatever game is next will probably include a tutorial-level-type intro that sums up BBS (hello plot device), from Mickey or someone similar (think Leon in KH1, Yen Sid in KH2).
no, i think that way is stupid. otherwise no point in asking. unless riku was asking for more specifics. it's pretty obvious even for riku to ask, that he will fix things. but the question riku asks can be interpreted more deeply. as in has he decided what he's going to do "exactly"?

that since ansem's research data is inside sora, i would imagine sora going into the data being activated by something.

...So you're trying to say that KH3D happened between coded ending and bbs secret ending?

I seriously, seriously doubt it. What's more likely?

-Sora gets letter on DI (KH2)
-Sora reads letter on DI (coded)
-Sora thinks alone for a little on DI about whether he really wants to leave the home he finally returned to
-Sora decides to do the right thing and help
-Riku asks him, 'have you decided?' (BBS)
-Sora says 'yeah' (BBS)
~KH3d happens~

OR

-Sora gets letter on DI
-Sora reads letter on DI
-Sora and Riku go on magical adventure to fully understand contents of the letter (KH3D)
-Sora and Riku return to DI
-Riku asks him 'have you decided?'
-Sora says 'yeah'
that's up to opinion. the second one sounds just as likely as mine.
depends, the way coded went down, it looked like it lasted up to 24 hours max. so i wouldn't doubt a kh game lasting up to at least 3 days. personally, i don't think kh3d starts where kh2 left off since nomura already established kh3 will (as in around that time range). and khcoded ended the same time kh2 but more debt was explained (as in we know what the letters says instead of SRK staying silent and mickey not being the voice over).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back