• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Have Terra, Aqua, and Ventus aged at all?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ok sunny

Awards
This has always been concerning me since re:Coded was released, but I'm wondering about the ages for the trio (Terra, Aqua, and Ventus) from BBS into KH3 and if it has any relevance to their physical appearances. Although, it could be quite complicated since Ventus has been asleep for over a decade, Aqua is in the Realm of Darkness, and we all know that Terra is split between his armor and Terranort.

But if they aged at all is what I'm wondering. I'm not sure about how the time differs and passes between these places, especially in The Chamber of Walking. If they have aged, I'd like to figure out if they've at least changed physically too, or it'd be a bit odd for me to see Ven so youthful after all the time he lost resting (The same goes for Terra and Aqua).
Let us discuss!

Prince Enigma

For Aqua it could be reasonable that she might not have aged, and forgive me for using a trope, but they could say that time doesn't pass in the Realm of Darkness like it does in the Realm of Light.

Also when Sora slept during the time after CoM and leading up to Kingdom Hearts 2, he had aged and changed physically, so it should be the same for Ventus as he has been sleeping for a lot longer and it would seem silly that just because he was in another room that it had an effect on his aging.

Terra's more tricky. I'm not really sure that should his spirit rejoin with his heart and body that it would age him, but we really have to wait and see.

Either way I hope all three return from there respective oblivions.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Ventus could not have aged, because you see, in the KHverse, one needs a heart to age. Ventus' heart has been resting within Sora, and this is precisely why his youthful appearance was maintained for more than ten years. Aqua should have aged, although not visibly as the flow of time in the Realm of Darkness is much, much slower than it is in the Realm of Light.

As for Terra, it's not that he was split into Terranort and his armour. His armour was animated by his emotions and thoughts, namely hatred, toward Xehanort, and as far as I know had nothing to do with his heart. In theory, Terra should have aged between the time of his possession by Master Xehanort and the splintering of his being into Ansem SoD and Xemnas; this is because even though he was under MX's control, his heart was still present in his body.

In addition, since a Nobody is the body and soul left behind when someone loses their heart to the darkness, I think I'm supportive of the theory that Xemnas, appearance-wise, is an aged Terra, or close to that.

ok sunny

Awards
I have the same views as both of you, basically. I never figured out the time differences between each of their placements. And I figured Terra would have been the trickiest to figure out, but if Terranort had aged at all, I'm sure Terra would have changed slightly ​when he regains his body, compared to Aqua and Ven.

LedxirnSimon

The flow of time in Realm of darkness is very slow even aqua herself said it felt like it was mere months in 10 years period, totally unaware of what was going on in RoL in meanwhile.

As for ventus, he lacks his heart because it is severely wounded and is unable to heal on his own without Sora's help to take refuge inside of Sora's body for a slow recovery over 10 years period.

he is considered as a ''prince of light'' sort as anyone pleases to call him as whatever.
Where princesses of heart via natural means can't lose their hearts to the darkness as their bodies remain unchanged over 10 years until they are finally rescued in KH1. (of course I am aware of the time flow in every worlds in Realm of Light run differently, but I just used it as an example)

lastly to talk about Terra's case, since his body was taken over by Master xehanort just to prolong his lifespan to see what's beyond keyblade war in future as Terranort.

What's more interesting enough is that their partial/shared nobody, Xemnas which was composed of Terra's body & soul which looked aged for 10 years, I remembered in a nomura interview in a ultimania book way back when KH2 FM was released in Japan which Nomura himself stated that Xemnas looks about 30 years old wheres Terra we've seen in BBS is probably 20 years old.

I probably believe Terra will return to his BBS look after he is rescued by Sora & co in KH3.

feel free to correct me if any of these points I've said in above is wrong.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
he is considered as a ''prince of light'' sort as anyone pleases to call him as whatever.
Where princesses of heart via natural means can't lose their hearts to the darkness as their bodies remain unchanged over 10 years until they are finally rescued in KH1. (of course I am aware of the time flow in every worlds in Realm of Light run differently, but I just used it as an example)

Mm, the princesses do age but what happened to them after they were captured is more likely because of Maleficent. When she puts people to sleep, they don't age. So sayeth the movie.

Anyway, we have the answers to this.
We know Aqua didn't age because Blank Points is one of the most recent events in the series. It takes place around the same time as 3D, a little bit before. Aqua hasn't aged.

Ventus has no heart to speak of, his body remains in the balance of light and dark. His heart has been fast asleep inside Sora, hardly stirring. However, we see him after the credits of 3D. That's also one of the most recent events in the series, and we see him still asleep. He smiles slightly, but we see that he hasn't aged.

Terra DID age since Birth by Sleep. Or at least his body did before the split and the fall of Radiant Garden. When the split occurred, his two halves did seem to age as Xemnas and Ansem are clearly much older. Xemnas, Terra's body, looks to be about 30 according to Nomura which would have made Terra 19 in Birth by Sleep. Quite the age difference.

Though we have no idea where Terra is now, or what he looks like. It's possible he'll revert to his younger form, but last we saw of him he had aged.

blksabbath74

This has always been concerning me since re:Coded was released, but I'm wondering about the ages for the trio (Terra, Aqua, and Ventus) from BBS into KH3 and if it has any relevance to their physical appearances. Although, it could be quite complicated since Ventus has been asleep for over a decade, Aqua is in the Realm of Darkness, and we all know that Terra is split between his armor and Terranort.

But if they aged at all is what I'm wondering. I'm not sure about how the time differs and passes between these places, especially in The Chamber of Walking. If they have aged, I'd like to figure out if they've at least changed physically too, or it'd be a bit odd for me to see Ven so youthful after all the time he lost resting (The same goes for Terra and Aqua).
Let us discuss!

Are you trying to incite Anagram?

If so, well played...:wink:

blksabbath74

Ya got me haha. I've been reading his theories because they're really interesting and make a point, so I thought I'd add that small bit. :cool:

I do it too. It's the easiest way to get him to drop a ton of knowledge on you.

Mind you, I haven't attempted asking nicely.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Imma just leave this picture here of Nomura judging you silently.

tetsuya-nomura-issues-new-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-update.jpg

You know. U_U

Axel92

Awards
Anyone Good With Photoshop that want to try to make a Xemans with brown hair like Terra? Maybe with shorter hair than the orginal and with blu eyes, just to see how he looks :)

LedxirnSimon

Anyone Good With Photoshop that want to try to make a Xemans with brown hair like Terra? Maybe with shorter hair than the orginal and with blu eyes, just to see how he looks :)

[video=youtube;AtIUFNSrOUg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtIUFNSrOUg&index=27&list=PL07kcAe7LuTELt0oX273nxo5KGU__jqAx[/video]
it's at 2:33

or this one.

124eya0.jpg

Yes I did in fact edit xemnas head onto terra's body and editing terra's body shape into xemnas's physical body shape.

back to the point,
otherwise, I'd eat my own skin if terra ages differently in future after KH3 instead of growing up and looking similar to his partial nobody, xemnas in appearance if he appears in future KH installments. :I

ok sunny

Awards
Well then, it seems like it's time to compare :wink:
It'd be kind of funny to think that Terra got his body but came with a beard too lol. I doubt it, but I can't help imagining it.

yC7wh.png

Gram

Banned
Awards
As mentioned earlier Aqua wont have aged much, time works to differently in the Dark Realm.
We seen Ventus at the end of DDD and he's obviously not aged.

And though he technically should've I see Nomura pulling something like "wellllll since he was split between a heartless and nobody and because Xehanort was possessing him.." blah blah blah "and that's why Terra still looks the same" -insert nomura laugh-

HK Motendra

Awards
If time works differently in the Dark Realm, then why did Riku gain long hair? IIRC, he was given that as a display to how long he was in the RoD.

Correct me if I'm wrong about that, but if that were still the case, I'd like to see Aqua with longer hair

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If time works differently in the Dark Realm, then why did Riku gain long hair? IIRC, he was given that as a display to how long he was in the RoD.

Correct me if I'm wrong about that, but if that were still the case, I'd like to see Aqua with longer hair

He left the RoD at the beginning of COM. His hair grew longer during the period between the end of COM and the start of KH2.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I thought Riku never did visit the Realm of Darkness anymore post-KH1? After CoM and through the events of Days, he went back and forth between the Realms of In-Between and Light, monitoring the Organization's activities as well as worrying about Sora who was undergoing treatment to recover his scrambled memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back