• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Hashimoto and Nomura talk about the future in latest Famitsu!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Shinji Hashimoto and Tetsuya Nomura share a few words about the future of 2016 and beyond in the latest issue of Famitsu!

Both Hashimoto and Nomura have hinted that the year 2016 will bring more surprises for audiences around the world. Hashimoto in particular speaks about a new project he wants to announce later in the year that is regarded as "challenging" in the global sense. Nomura, on the other hand, discusses that more information on his upcoming titles will be carried out soon. Check out the translation below!

SQUARE ENIX
Shinji Hashimoto

Serves as the Brand Manager for the KINGDOM HEARTS and FINAL FANTASY series. He is also the Producer for FINAL FANTASY XV.

Keywords for 2016
Innovation • Change • Rapid Progress

To suit the changes of the times, I wanted to challenge myself. In 2016, I think I can give a further surprise for everyone. In addition, without any fear of change, we are planning a new project and believe an announcement is possible. Also, upon the planning of the new project, we believe it has evolved into a global challenge. Thank you for the support of everyone this year.

SQUARE ENIX
Tetsuya Nomura

Director of the KINGDOM HEARTS series and FINAL FANTASY VII Remake. He is known for his character designs in the FINAL FANTASY series.

Going Underground and Surfacing
World of FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue are two highlighted works in development. KINGDOM HEARTS III and FINAL FANTASY VII Remake have entered a significant time of development, although like every year when it is in the middle of development, PR will release information to the public. Such as arcades and in regards to copyrights, and with respect to what management is continuing to do, we’ll try to make our content more fun.

Recent Report
In regards to the release of the two latest titles, they are progressing development well and is likely to be released as scheduled. First of all, I’d say that World of FINAL FANTASY is charming.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

DefiantHeart

Awards
Hmm... why is Nomura's lettering in pink? :eek: Wonder if they had a choice in the color....XD meh, just hope they finally release Unchained Key in the U.S. With Square's track record, that's all I can really hope for, lol. KH 2.8... I'm like meh. I prefer a game full of new content, even with this one having some extra new stuff. ( I'd just watch those parts on youtube honestly.)

Other then KH related stuff, I suppose I'm looking forward to Bravely Second and Final Fantasy Explorers... but that's pretty much it for this year for me. XD

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
FINAL FANTASY X V I!!!!

We got March around the corner!! Must click on the fast forward button.

Keyblade Meister

Still no talk about how Kingdom hearts unchained X is going? I know they might have been talking about it in directly but I mean come on dude

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Still no talk about how Kingdom hearts unchained X is going? I know they might have been talking about it in directly but I mean come on dude

Well this is a Japanese magazine so I doubt they'd talk anything about a game that is already out in Japan. Trust me, all of you who are waiting patiently for KHUX, it being worked on.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This does not suffice. I need KH related stuff.

Well, that's not happening. It's the new year with a new game that is at the minimum over half a year away from releasing.

Welcome to the news drought.

This is going to be all there probably is until May at the earliest for any Nomura game bar Unchained X when it finally releases.

Now, I hate having to say this like every year but everybody, please no news begging if and when future articles come out. It's a useless waste of time.

Beg for UX. That's fine, but begging for more news doesn't actually bring new news.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I wonder what is the new project Hashimoto is speaking about hmm.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, I'm super curious about the new title Hashimoto mentioned. It is clear they are taking a leap of faith with it, so it makes me think it is a new IP.

I wish it was TWEWY2 sobsobsob

do you think 2.8 will rease near the end of holiday 2016?

The way things looked in the latest footage from D23 and JF, I'm thinking that is probably the target release frame. I'd rather they spend the whole year making and polishing it up anyways.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
where is the complaint desk and who can i talk to about this "no news" problem... if i don't get an answer within 2 hours I'm blaming chaser

Prince726

Hopefully they can get 2.8 out the way really quick. I was hoping 2.5 would be the last game before kh3 so they could just focus on it but for some reason they just keeps adding more games to the list. If FF7 some how comes out before kh3 I'm going to mad

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hopefully they can get 2.8 out the way really quick. I was hoping 2.5 would be the last game before kh3 so they could just focus on it but for some reason they just keeps adding more games to the list. If FF7 some how comes out before kh3 I'm going to mad

FF7R is getting multiple releases so I don't think it matters if it comes out first since people will still have to wait for the whole game whereas KH3 will be a one-and-done deal.

It seems that SE and Disney knew that we'll be waiting awhile for KH3 regardless of whatever came out in between to fill the time up, and felt that while 1.5 and 2.5 recapped the first six games, there was still 1 very major game left out and then the matter of the most important part of chi that needed to be explained and accessible to everybody going into KH3, thus it gave birth to 2.8.

It's not like it wouldn't have happened at some point. At least 0.2 was actually the prologue of KH3 so it's technically not really taking their time from anything that they wouldn't have been working on anyways. Many of the assets in 2.8 will make their way into KH3, as well, and it gives us all something to play while they continue to work on KH3.

KH3 wasn't going to be coming out 2016 with or without 2.8 existing, anyways. That much they've made abundantly clear.

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
I don't see KH3 releasing anywhere until at least mid/late 2017 at earliest. With 2.8, at least we'll have something to occupy us before then. If they really thought that 2.8 would hinder 3's production, 2.8 would have likely never been a thing.
I'd say that KH3's development would actually benefit from 2.8, as 0.2 and Back Cover would allow the developers to work around with the new engine for 3. You can even consider them (0.2 in particular) to be a test run for KH3.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
y'all need to chill. im honestly more hyped for II.8 than III tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back