• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Has xehanort read the book of prophecies?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AegisXIII

Awards
I was wondering that because it seems xehanort knows way more than he seems.

1. He provokes the tear in the fabric of time on purpose, even though he knows this has nothing to do with the creation of the xblade and knowing that Sora and the Gardians would return. Otherwise he would be fuc**d.

2. He admits his defeat and seems happy to give his x-blade to Sora, which confused a lot of people for its anticlimatic resolution. Could it be that he realised something about Sora that he read in the book of prophecies?

3. In the limit cut, when you defeat him, he says: this is not what was written.

Platinum End

I don't really know much about the lore well enough like the others but for 2. If he had read the book of prophecies knowing that Sora wins the fight, then why go through all that phases of fighting.

It's more along the lines of maybe Xigbar is feeding him bits and pieces of information to xehanort but not in full details. I could imagine Luxu had probably possessed 2-3 bodies guiding Xehanort to all the events that lead to KH3.

Zetsumei

Awards
I have a thread about this over here you can check out.

But yes, I think he not only read the book, but had it in his possession ever since his time in Scala.

I don't really know much about the lore well enough like the others but for 2. If he had read the book of prophecies knowing that Sora wins the fight, then why go through all that phases of fighting.

Sora was not supposed to win. The last page of the BoP says "Darkness prevails and Light expires". This is the moment that happens when all the guardians are defeated and Sora ends up in the Final World the first time. He then uses the power of waking and creates a rift in the timeline, after which events take place which were never supposed to happen and are therefore not written in the BoP.

AegisXIII

Awards
I have a thread about this over here you can check out.

But yes, I think he not only read the book, but had it in his possession ever since his time in Scala.

Sora was not supposed to win. The last page of the BoP says "Darkness prevails and Light expires". This is the moment that happens when all the guardians are defeated and Sora ends up in the Final World the first time. He then uses the power of waking and creates a rift in the timeline, after which events take place which were never supposed to happen and are therefore not written in the BoP.
But that would be weird for xehanort to complitely obliterate all the guardians without forging the xblade.

Xemnas explicitely says: but first your light shines far too brightly. It must first be extinguishedin order for the truth to be seen.

Terranort also says: before you even face the thirteen, every last one of you will be torn heart from body.

Why do that? Is it linked to the missing page?

Zetsumei

Awards
Xehanort says that he had a backup plan to use the 7 princesses of heart to forge the x-blade in the event the guardians failed.

Remember Kairi's heart wasnt lost at this point, she was the one holding Sora together in the Final World and Sora didnt need to use the power of waking to save her at this point.

In the timeline where darkness prevails and light expired, this is probably what happens instead.

This is all part of a big theory that I'm working on btw about alternate timelines >.> Still sort of waiting for more information to come out, but there's a lot of things already that I could probably make a post soonish.

AegisXIII

Awards
I wonder if there really is different timeline or if the reality simply stops and gets overwritten. Like you loose all memories of what happened and you start again.

D

Deleted member 252753

Terranort also says: before you even face the thirteen, every last one of you will be torn heart from body.
I agree that this line really makes it sound like he knows what's going to happen. A lot of the series revolves around separating hearts from bodies not being the same as death. Plus Xigbar, Dark Riku, and Young Xehanort seem aware of it and fine with what happened afterwards (YX even confronts you while you rewrite reality and gloats). It's really confusing.

Back