• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Has Stitch been to Destiny Islands?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
In Stitch's debut movie appearance, Lilo and Stitch, he escapes captivity and crash lands on the small tropical island chain of Hawaii, where he meets and befriends Lilo.

In the Kingdom Hearts universe, we see 626 at two points within the games; first, in Birth by Sleep, as he is escaping captivity and stealing the infamous red cruiser, and later in KH2, where he is found in Hollow Bastion and now going by the name "Stitch". He later becomes a summon for Sora.

But there is one other time we see him. In the end credits for BbS, we can see 626 coveting his homemade wayfinder before blasting off towards a large ball of light. Well, the only world portrayed as a large ball of light is Destiny Islands, a small tropical island chain.

It's possible that Destiny Islands take the place of Hawaii as the setting for Stitch's movie but we don't see it as it happens while Sora is still little (if Stitch landed just after BbS, Sora would still be 4 or 5). Ten years later when the islands are destroyed, Stitch is flung back out into space, facilitating his meeting with Sora in the soon-to-be Radiant Garden.

It's also possible that Lilo simply didn't live in DI and 626, having never met her, had no reason to stay. In that case, he repairs the red cruiser and departs. That just leaves the question of who gave him the name Stitch?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I don't know what the ball of light was, but I doubt it was Destiny Islands.

My personal theory is that Stitch traveled in space for a decade and arrived in Hollow Bastion either due to the destruction of his world or by some other means.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Technically all the "balls of light" aka stars in space are a world of their own so the whole thing of tying it to Destiny Islands is a bit of a stretch.
Plus I'd think Sora would've had a more personal reaction to seeing Stitch had he meet him and was friends with him for an extended time in contrast to Aqua & Terra he only meet once and forgot.

And....I'd rather just have the lilo & stitch worked into kh one day. Remember the summon in the menu is called Stitch but he's never called by name on screen so you could still work the movie angle.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And....I'd rather just have the lilo & stitch worked into kh one day. Remember the summon in the menu is called Stitch but he's never called by name on screen so you could still work the movie angle.

I thought it was Experiment 626, even in KH2.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
He is labeled as Stitch-- however, nobody ever says "Stitch". He DOES however say "Ohana" in gameplay, which Lilo taught him.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
Technically all the "balls of light" aka stars in space are a world of their own so the whole thing of tying it to Destiny Islands is a bit of a stretch.
Plus I'd think Sora would've had a more personal reaction to seeing Stitch had he meet him and was friends with him for an extended time in contrast to Aqua & Terra he only meet once and forgot.

While the stars are other worlds, they're usually shown with some defining details once you get near enough for them to be as big as it was in the shot. If they didn't want to show what world he was going to, they could've just shown stars going off into the distance,or something. To me, it just seemed like a deliberate thing to show his destination that way, when they could've not shown a destination at all.

As far as Sora knowing Stitch, we never really see much of the main island, so I think its possible 626 simply landed on the far side, far enough away from where Sora and his friends live that they wouldn't have met.

Or, the much less likely possibility that there is at least one other island in the Destiny Islands. I mean, of the two we've seen, the play island is the only one we've seen from a distance, so theoretically there could be a third island on the opposite side of the main island. I'd just really prefer not to go with this idea. It's kinda cheap.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see Lilo and Stitch incorporated too. This is just something I thought was weird while watching the BbS credits.

Gram

Banned
Awards
While the stars are other worlds, they're usually shown with some defining details once you get near enough for them to be as big as it was in the shot. If they didn't want to show what world he was going to, they could've just shown stars going off into the distance,or something. To me, it just seemed like a deliberate thing to show his destination that way, when they could've not shown a destination at all.
It may have very well been to show his destination but that still doesn't solidify it was Destiny Islands because no such defining trait was given.

As far as Sora knowing Stitch, we never really see much of the main island, so I think its possible 626 simply landed on the far side, far enough away from where Sora and his friends live that they wouldn't have met.

Or, the much less likely possibility that there is at least one other island in the Destiny Islands. I mean, of the two we've seen, the play island is the only one we've seen from a distance, so theoretically there could be a third island on the opposite side of the main island. I'd just really prefer not to go with this idea. It's kinda cheap.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see Lilo and Stitch incorporated too. This is just something I thought was weird while watching the BbS credits.
Actually the idea of having Lilo's island in DI wouldn't be a bad idea. It'd both give reason to incorporate the movie as well as give us reason to explore the DI at long last.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Actually the idea of having Lilo's island in DI wouldn't be a bad idea. It'd both give reason to incorporate the movie as well as give us reason to explore the DI at long last.

I`d honestly rather that Destiny Islands and Hawaii remain separate worlds. There are plenty of other good reasons to visit the main islands.

Theta

That actually came to mind the first time I played through the game. I always thought it was just left to interpretation.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I highly doubt they would cut Lilo out of the story if they could easily just implement her into DI if needed. However, I just can't see Lilo being part of DI given the residents of DI and her looks VASTLY different so I don't see it happening and them remaining separate worlds.

MegaCore5

Awards
I don't know what the ball of light was, but I doubt it was Destiny Islands.

My personal theory is that Stitch traveled in space for a decade and arrived in Hollow Bastion either due to the destruction of his world or by some other means.
I think that's his world was swallowed by the darkness too. But happened to Lillo?? I don't think stitch would just leave her to die...

I thought it was Experiment 626, even in KH2.

No I think they just call him that in BBS. By that time 626 has met with lilo ( we know this because he sings and hulas which is something Lilo taught him how to do) his name is changed to stitch.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think that's his world was swallowed by the darkness too. But happened to Lillo?? I don't think stitch would just leave her to die...

No I think they just call him that in BBS. By that time 626 has met with lilo ( we know this because he sings and hulas which is something Lilo taught him how to do) his name is changed to stitch.

He wouldn't, but unfortuntely it was probably out of his control. She most likely wasn't able to escape the destruction of her world like Stitch was.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
The cosmology in KH is bizarre, but I've always assumed that worlds are way bigger than what we explore or see on the maps. Back in KH1 Riku complained about having to spend his life on a tiny island, and by the sounds of it, there were no other known places outside of the mainland and the little play island. Looking at the scoop of other worlds (e.g. Radiant Garden and Land of Departure are surrounded my mountains as far as the eye can see, Deep Jungle is supposed to take place in Africa and Jane and Clyde had to come from somewhere, Halloween Town has all those other holiday worlds, etc) I find it hard to believe that the world DI inhabits is literally just two islands surrounded by endless ocean. For the most part "worlds" I take more to refer to specific locations but other major places exist outside of them.

With that said, I always assumed that there are other places that inhabit the "world" known as Destiny islands, they were just never discovered for one reason or another. In the case of DI itself, they seem to just be a very low tech place and perhaps can't build big or sturdy enough boats to go that far. Much like how Deep Jungle implied to have England and can be accessed by boat, I wouldn't be surprised if "Hawaii" was part of DI, just out of their reach. I don't know if Stitch has been to "DI" but I think it's plausible.

Gram

Banned
Awards
The cosmology in KH is bizarre, but I've always assumed that worlds are way bigger than what we explore or see on the maps. Back in KH1 Riku complained about having to spend his life on a tiny island, and by the sounds of it, there were no other known places outside of the mainland and the little play island. Looking at the scoop of other worlds (e.g. Radiant Garden and Land of Departure are surrounded my mountains as far as the eye can see, Deep Jungle is supposed to take place in Africa and Jane and Clyde had to come from somewhere, Halloween Town has all those other holiday worlds, etc) I find it hard to believe that the world DI inhabits is literally just two islands surrounded by endless ocean. For the most part "worlds" I take more to refer to specific locations but other major places exist outside of them.

With that said, I always assumed that there are other places that inhabit the "world" known as Destiny islands, they were just never discovered for one reason or another. In the case of DI itself, they seem to just be a very low tech place and perhaps can't build big or sturdy enough boats to go that far. Much like how Deep Jungle implied to have England and can be accessed by boat, I wouldn't be surprised if "Hawaii" was part of DI, just out of their reach. I don't know if Stitch has been to "DI" but I think it's plausible.

That or they do know of other locations and islands in the DI world but they're all the same thus no reason to see them. Tbh I question even how big DI is. The main land is only seen in a few background glimpses but seems to be rather large itself.

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
I think he's been to Hawaii, much like the movie. I think we just haven't seen his world yet (if we will) other than the space one from BBS. I doubt it was DI, although that is an interesting theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back