• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Has anyone ever played..................

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Otaku

played it. stuck on the "present day" schnitt....do they really expect me to be able to run awa from the MoFo every time he comes and tries to kick me ARSE?! (sorry.....its been.......a while since i have actually tried to to beat him again....)

i prefer the original tactics....8/10..

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I have played Tactics Advance, and yes it's a cool game. I especially like the music and the story. The character designs were cool as well...

The only downside was that it all went so slow...

Overall, good game.

Machinany Gun

Bronze Member
A good game that im just near to completion. Great game, nice change from the usual PS FF's i've played quite a lot. I'd have to think of it as one of my best GBA games i had. i'd rate it a 9/10 personally which beats 2 different FF's that i've played in my opinion.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Machinany Gun said:
A good game that im just near to completion. Great game, nice change from the usual PS FF's i've played quite a lot. I'd have to think of it as one of my best GBA games i had. i'd rate it a 9/10 personally which beats 2 different FF's that i've played in my opinion.
I see you like these types of FFs.

I recommend you Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS1. Very good story, very cool characters (Cloud FF7 can be unlucked) and very cool gameplay similar to the GBA version.

Machinany Gun

Bronze Member
I've only heard of tactics for PS1 but ive never managed to actually find a copy but thanks for the info New2Ya, as always you flow with info. FF tactics advanced is kinda like Disgaea: Hour of darkness for the PS2 except Disgaea is a lot more humour based, and Phantom Brave which im waiting for my local game to drop in price.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance was good. However, it doesn't compare to FFTactics. First of all, they enemies are kind of stupid in Advance. In Tactics, the enemies are cunning and ruthless (They can and will rape you.). The enemies in Advance just walk up to you and hack away, rarely using their special abilities. They need to be cuthroats, damn it! Secondly, the story wasn't really that good. I did like the theme and what they were trying to do with it, but what it had didn't deliver a very compelling plot.

It's a good game, but I still prefer FFTactics over Advance, even though FFTactics doesn't have the different races and as many character classes (no Red Mage? Heresy!).

Neo sora

Website
rpginsider.spreebb.com
The game-play was good my favourite character in it would have to be Montblanc (the moogle) and Tidus (thats the name i gave my main character). My favourite race in it would have to be the bangaa (lizard like creatures)
I haven't played the original FFT is it good?

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Neo sora said:
I haven't played the original FFT is it good?

You bet your ass it is. It's one of my favorites. The story is much more interesting than the one in FFTA. It's a Shakespearean tale of treachery, deceit, and war. It seems a little confusing at first, but you can always look at character profiles and previously seen cutscenes if you get lost in the story. Be warned, though, the story is not for children.

The fundamental gameplay is relatively the same as Advance, save for one important factor, time. Spells take time to cast in FFTactics but are more accurate and effective, and they aren't affected by which way your target is facing. There are some other factors as well, such as "Brave" (determines success rate of physical skills), "Faith" (determines success rate of magic skills), and even the characters' zodiac signs (Gemini, Caner, etc.). One thing I like about FFTactics is that there are no Judges or laws to abide by, you just fight.

I highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back