• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Has anyone else never been a fan of the summons in the Kingdom Hearts series?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SquareDisney

I personally never used them, because I always thought they were useless most of the time.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Other than Tinkerbell in KH1...nope, rarely bother. And I only use the Drive Forms to get the abilities that come with leveling them up. Party member limit attacks are really fun to have now and then though!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
They're actually busted in KH1 if you do a magic run, and busted in KH2 by sheer virtue of existing.
Fully charged Simba with good magic stats will one shot all Heartless.
Genie does great on large enemies.
Bambi lets you spam magic, which means free Thundagas forever.
Tinker Bell keeps you alive forever.
Dumbo... Sucks.
Mushu has crazy DPS.
Chicken Little trivializes Port Royal by dragging undead pirates into the light and is generally great for crowds.
Stitch breaks enemies and staggers them infinitely, making even insane fights like Lingering Will much more manageable.
Peter Pan breaks through revenge value while healing you. He has infinite combos that work on some bosses like Saix.
Genie in KH2 can mow through end game nobodies like they're nothing.

Summons might feel useless if you don't know when to use them or how to set them up, but they're definitely not without use.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Love the concept of them as they smartly utilised other Disney properties that couldn't get a world slot, but I hated the execution because I had no practical use for them. Hopefully Kingdom Hearts III changes this and gives me an incentive to use the summon links.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Neither KH1 nor KH II did a goodd job in teching the player just how good summons are, and that's why barely anyone ever uses them.
But the moment you step in speedrun city, you immediately see how good they are.

Tinker Bell is usually the one casual players end up using due to regen and auto-life, but Simba can be really good with waves of enemies. With Dumbo you can do some pretty cool movement techs that basically make you skip half of Hollow Bastion.

Chicken Little is a good crowd control until you get Magnet, Genie can help in some situations and Stich is just godly.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Bambi was so under-appreciated in KH. Seriously, your #1 doe over here is giving you INFINITE MP ORBS and you people don't even acknowledge her existence. That above comment about infinite Thundaga's is exactly right - Bambi is just KILLER in a magic run of KH.

Also, no love for cloud from CoM? I thought he was pretty cool; certainly a lot more useful than Dumbo ever was.

SquareDisney

Bambi was so under-appreciated in KH. Seriously, your #1 doe over here is giving you INFINITE MP ORBS and you people don't even acknowledge her existence. That above comment about infinite Thundaga's is exactly right - Bambi is just KILLER in a magic run of KH.

Also, no love for cloud from CoM? I thought he was pretty cool; certainly a lot more useful than Dumbo ever was.
I think that Bambi is a boy.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I merely don't like using the special moves that take away party members (Drives and most Summons). I don't like to be alone. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back