• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Harry Potter and the goblet of fire

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FortuneCookie

Bronze Member
Awards
I saw the first showing of it earlier today ^.^
SPOILER: The beginning was a little too fast and it skipped a lot of stuff, mainly because if they directed the entire book it could take about 8 hours or more. I was expecting to see the part where Dudley would eat one of the Weasley's taffys and grow the 6 foot tongue but the movie started out with Harry and Hermione already in Ron's house. They didn't even put Dobe in or any Quidditch games including the World Cup. But there were a lot of laughs like Malfoy a ferret, the Yule Ball, and especially Rita Skeeter. Overall, I think it was the second best. END SPOILER

JapanesePanda

Just seen it, very inaccurate compared to the book, but still a fantastic movie, possible the best out of the series so far!

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
I was dissapointed with the movie. All the previews made it look great. I think my expectations were too high. They left a lot of the scenes out, and cut some parts (like Harry's family, and Mrs. Wasley) I hope the next fil will be better

D

Dark Ruler

I really dont know why you people dont like harry potter he just annoys me, what's so special about him please tell me

LoyalSubject

subject to the king
i saw it friday and i must say i was very impressed i honestly thought they would do a bad job but it was very accurate and very well done a tip my sorting hat to the director :)

Hikari44

yeah the GoF was definetely the best movie so far. And I love Dan's performance at the sad parts - I bawled lol

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
I saw the 8:10 showing on Friday. Whee. The lines were horrendous for such a small theater. o-o

[spoilers, highlight] So, the fourth book is my favorite, kay? Well, I was seriously excited to see this movie because I thought it would be very cool. And I'm disapointed. The acting and directing is good, the special effects were sweet, and I cried for half an hour at the end. :/ It took about all my self restraint I had to not bawl out loud, but instead do this little sobby thing with tears. I was still crying coming out of the theater. I think I was a little mental going in though.
Back to my point though. The whole movie was just action after action after actions scene. It was like Bam bam bam! done. And that was all. Sure, sure, the Triwizard tourney is the main focus, but not the only focus. They had almost no showing of the Quiditch World Cup, Harry was in a forest in the book and they never showed the muggles. SPEW was absent from the movie, along with any house elves including Doby. In the maze, what the heck? No sphinx? No spider to go after Harry and Cedric? And Cedric, didn't he break something? And Harry had to help him? Yeah. The Yule Ball was pretty cool, the dance looked neat. Though Hermoine, did she really have that emotional scene on the steps in the book? She was very pretty though. There was also alot more mature things, like the scary mermaids and Voldemort. And the sexual jokes. There were a lot more sexual snide things in this movie, though it's understandable. Hermoine was actually the only one that looked fourteen. Meh.
Personally, they left a lot of stuff out and I would've been fine had they simply done a matinee type thing. You know, sit there for about two hours, break, and come back? Like they did with Gone With the Wind. Because now I'm worried about the fifth movie. <-< Anyways, I felt as though I was there for about ten minutes and then it was over. It was a good movie, but still really disappointing. Meh.
[end spoiler]

Xander748

I completely agree with you, kairigirl. The fourth is tied for my favorite book, yet the movie wasn't very detailed at all.

spoiler!
I read the book for the 4th time before going so I could get everything straight, and the maze and quiddith world cup were very dissapointing. No Veela, no 10 ft. blast-ended-skrewt, no shpinx, no spider, no Harry-gets-a-hurt-leg, no prize money, no ton-tongue-taffy, no Bertha Jorkins, no SPEW, no Rita Skeeter gets caught as a beetle, ect, ect, ect. Was it just me or did the dragon scene SUCK. It was way out of hand how the dragon chased Harry around the school and he fell of and caught the roof... The only part that was partly accurate was the end, but even then, they managed to mess that up. They forgot the golden dome, the phoenix song, and Bertha Jorkins comming out of the wand.
Oh, and kairigirl, the emotional Hermione part wasn't in the book.

Enough ranting, though. From the looks of it, the 5th movie will suck.

Xehanort

The Death Alchemist
Awards
it was soooooo awesome
best movie i've ever seen
i saw it last monday (my mom got special screening tickets from a radio station)
they took out a lot but still a great movie

Cael

Silver Member
Website
tinyurl.com
My fav movie so far but I was disappointed with the cuts...mainly Dobby and Rita which were the only main cuts I could remember XD

I was shocked when I saw the death eaters. They were freaking klan members in green o_O and Voldy's could have been better IMO...

And the mermaids were ugly creatures with beautiful voices >.<;;; Shocking enough or I need to read the 4th book again....

Xander748

KL, you need to read it again. They were supposed to be like that. Because Harry mentions in the book that he was surprised at how different they were portrayed in the Prefect's bathroom.

Anyways, I'm not saying that the acting and crap was bad. In fact, the acting was superb, but I just hated how inaccurate it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back