• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for PS2 glitch on PS3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricier21

When playing Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for PS2 on PS3, when you are casting Lumos to get through a secret compartment in Knoctern Alley, right after you get the spell and are going out through the black cabinet passage, the game glitches and shows Harry walking forwards, but he keeps on walking through the wall across the way. You can only press SELECT to view the Rememberall and cannot do anything else. Online sources say that you have to hold L2 while pressing X to push through the wall, but I have done that and it does not seem to work. If anyone would be able to help me, it would be really appreciated :)

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
You can play PS2 games on the PS3?

The old fat ones, yes. Even the slim ones can still play PSone games, as can the fat ones, just not PS2 games.

To answer OP's question, that's the only way to solve it. It sometimes does or doesn't work.
From wikipedia: "However it freezes after opening the secret doorway in Diagon Alley. Needs a save file past that point OR hold L2 (look mode) as you press X to open the 'lumos' wall. This should fix it after a few attempts, but save regularly throughout"

I'd just buy a PS2 if I were you, if you're so keen on trying to get past it. With that regard, this was one of my first games on the console and I remember having a lot of fun with it for its time.

Patricier21

You can play PS2 games on the PS3?

if you have the original model, aka the 20 GB, 60 GB and some (CECHExx) 80 GB models then yes

The old fat ones, yes. Even the slim ones can still play PSone games, as can the fat ones, just not PS2 games.

To answer OP's question, that's the only way to solve it. It sometimes does or doesn't work.
From wikipedia: "However it freezes after opening the secret doorway in Diagon Alley. Needs a save file past that point OR hold L2 (look mode) as you press X to open the 'lumos' wall. This should fix it after a few attempts, but save regularly throughout"

I'd just buy a PS2 if I were you, if you're so keen on trying to get past it. With that regard, this was one of my first games on the console and I remember having a lot of fun with it for its time.

We should also vote for it to be on PS4 to possibly fix this glitch as i posted earlier. #ps2ps4

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I'm definitely all for PS2 discs working on PS4 as a way of backwards compatibility, but I'm sure Sony has already heard our cries for them and gave them the boot opting for the opposite approach of what the Xbox One did. But by all means, preach. I'd love if they could let BC be native on the PS4

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Just like Shadow. I remember having plenty of fun with those Harry Potter games. Never got involved with the next ones. The first two will always feel like the BEST Hogwarts experience.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Just like Shadow. I remember having plenty of fun with those Harry Potter games. Never got involved with the next ones. The first two will always feel like the BEST Hogwarts experience.

They definitely changed completely starting with the fourth one. Stopped at the sixth one, and never played the last ones. The fifth one probably had the most realized Hogwarts map imo

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
They definitely changed completely starting with the fourth one. Stopped at the sixth one, and never played the last ones. The fifth one probably had the most realized Hogwarts map imo

Never had the chance to play third or fourth one. Ended up getting the OotP for the Wii and played it for first 15 minutes and the Wii remote just turned me off. The map was definitely huge and the images around Hogwarts looked realistic to the movie.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Never had the chance to play third or fourth one. Ended up getting the OotP for the Wii and played it for first 15 minutes and the Wii remote just turned me off. The map was definitely huge and the images around Hogwarts looked realistic to the movie.

I played the first six all on PS2. Was planning to eventually picking them all up again and getting the last two on PS3

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I played the first six all on PS2. Was planning to eventually picking them all up again and getting the last two on PS3

Was it more of a Hogwarts experience like 1 and 2? I also remember how the animation looked really smoother in Chamber of Secrets. And then the cartoony look went away with Prisoner of Azkaban to make it look more the movies although the first were also captured thanks to the movies. Not sure if that made sense lol.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The first two PS2 games were great. I have the third one, but it was awful and I never got the rest because of the change. The Lego Games Years 1-4 and 5-7 are fantastic though. These games are the best ones because they're more like the books and less like the movies.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Plus the games actually had Peeves for awhile. Was always bothered they never put him in the films.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
They also remade Sorcerer Stone for the Gamecube. Similar to the PS2 version of Chamber of Secrets.

Biwoo

Hi, iam wondering if you guys maybe could help me.
I have a PS3 CechC04 (Firmware 4.80) and bought the Harry Potter games.
Unfortunately the game "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PS2 Version)" dont work :(
The game boots fine and after i start a new game there heavy graphic glitches and the game stops randomly by freezing.
I tried fixing it with chaning the options for the ps3 and ps2 and even tried it with a Scart connection instead of HDMI.
But nothing helps.
Do you have any ideas?
(For example HP1 (PS2 Version) and HP3 run on the system, although i had to change some options for HP3 to get it running)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back