• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Hannibal

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
So, is anybody watching this? While the movie with Anthony Hopkins is based off the Silence of the Lambs book, the show draws from the book before that, Red Dragon (I think that's the name). Pretty damn good if I do say so myself. There's something so attractive and repulsive about Hannibal. Also heard news that they were gonna cancel it. Is this true?

I have to commend the show on plenty of things. The creativity of the murders is astounding. My favourite so far is probably the funghi or the angels. Some really unnerving shit. Character development is always relative to the murders at hand, so the show makes itself really adept at utilising the main storyline as a means to also explore its characters as more than just the suits they wear. Visually the show is stunning and is never afraid to show the real horror of serial murder. I think the only thing that brings it down is how Will seems to magically change into a different person around Dr Bloom. Like I understand she has a vagina but why did you suddenly go from a socially anxious agoraphobic to a love doctor? Odd.

Also, Jack. I like Jack. But I also would not be surprised if he had some hand in the events going on.

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, the book is called Red Dragon. I watched the Anthony Hopkins Red Dragon film a couple of years ago so it's been interesting to watch this adaption of the story.

I'm two weeks behind right now but I'm definitely enjoying it. Hugh Dancy plays neurotic really diddlying well. I find him to be incredibly convincing though I thought his sudden makeout session with the psychiatrist lady felt very out of character.

Mads Mikkelsen encapsulates everything Hannibal has always represented in my mind: a sophisticated, intelligent psychopath.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
^ Mads said that he felt that Hannibal was basically the Devil. (Not literally, but you get my meaning.) I can see why---but the way he is about certain subjects makes me wonder if he's completely schizo or if he's simply filling a need in his life. I'm interested to see how they explain his manner of killing; i.e. whether he puts his victims in pain, etc.

I also have a theory regarding Will. We know that he is losing track of time and he suddenly turns up in places he can't remember going. Perhaps the whole thing with Dr Bloom is so natural to him because it's a form of manipulation? He is obviously trying to push away his murderous/empathetic mannerisms but perhaps, simply because he could be a serial killer, manipulation is something that comes very easily to him? He could be compensating his manipulativeness for his lack of control over other parts of his life. Maybe it's a subconscious thing. I dunno. I like predator Will, though. He's interesting.

Edit: Also, David Slade is exec. producer! Ah! He directed one of my favourite movies of all time, Hard Candy. No wonder the show looks so familiar to me.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
According to IGN, the show's officially renewed. I have to start watching myself; I didn't watch the first season because I was scared it was gonna get cancelled, and I HATE getting invested in a show just to have it cancelled.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
^ Score! I heard they were on about moving it to a later time-slot since it was far too violent. Kinda agree that it's not exactly suitable for 9PM prime-time viewing at certain points but I do think it's of the kind of quality that should be seen. Great show. Just watched episode 10 and I think there are 13 eps per season so can't wait to see the build-up to the finale.

It was kind of scary to see the difference in spatial perception when Will drew the clock for Hannibal. I guess it's at that point that you really begin to notice there is something very wrong with Will. I kinda wonder what Hannibal's motives are, though. Like... is he doing all of this to make Will think he does have a mental illness? Well, that much looks obvious, but if so, to what end? Is he trying to drag Will into his serial killer game? Also, forgive me if I am wrong, but does this mean that Abigail is dead now? I didn't see if that was her getting into bed.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I still haven't got round to watching Silence of the Lambs or any of these films (which is a crime I know) but feel I should watch them prior if not for a little bit of background for the show. Like I know the basics about Hannibal and that he likes Cianti but that is it really.

It's on my increasingly growing list.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I haven't watched anything Hannibal, either. The show is pretty self-explanatory; it does a great job of introducing (in?)famous characters as ordinary people and doesn't create the urgency that you just must know something about them beforehand. The show focuses on the period of time before Hannibal was caught and locked up. He was a psychologist. He's, like, so relatively normal in the show... It's odd.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
season 2 premiere date wooooo

601237_655064507849656_980583232_n.jpg

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
^ Looks so good. Makes me want to read the books/watch the movies? IDK. One thing I really liked about Hannibal was its cinematography. It had beautiful, chilling visuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back