• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hand Held Games and the Primary Colors

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

siegleeagle

Has any one noticed that the three newest games all announced at the same time are colored by the 3 primary colors red, blue, and yellow. I was just sittin here thinking and wanted to see if you all noticed/thought about it..

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, I've noticed it. Nomura said that Days was red because of the perpetual sunset in Twilight Town I believe (very loosely worded on what he actually said). I don't know if he had specific reasons for the colour themes behind BBS and Coded, but I'm sure he did.

Awards
BbS - Blue - Aqua: Arguably the "real" hero.
Days - Red - Kairi: The basis for Xion and, in turn, the entire game.
Coded - Yellow - Namine: Essentially the cause of the bugs.

Not done on purpose, obviously, but fun to point out.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I like this. :] I like it so much better than Nomura's sunset thing.

Falsate

Otherwise known as 'unwittingly drawn'. Pretty interesting though.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I never noticed that before. I always noticed it with the characters clothing/desighns but I never payed any parteculer attention to the logos. Interesting.

siegleeagle

Hmm let me take a look at my color book for my art class. It describes meanings and emotions of colors.

Blue= okay it says in world languages the word for blue came long after the other colors which was because many felt it to be ethereal and insubstantial. Blue evokes the void or vast distances, as in something disappearing. its serene and pure. in dreams blue is supposed to be success (hey 3d is a blueish color so it may tie to the dream thing like riku and sora will succeed in the mom). Its ambiguous and mysterious. It connotes reverie, sadness, and melancholy. It can also symbolize morality.

Red= Virility, stimulation, danger, sexual excitement, blood, fire, passion, aggression, most violent and exhilarating. It is the color of war. Associated with the devil. Can mean love, action, dynamism, and power and valor.

Yellow= One of the most ambiguous colors. It is the color of happiness, intellect and enlightenment, but is also the color of envy, disgrace, deceit, betrayal, and cowardice. In islam its the color of wisdom. Yellow has many contradicting connotations. It is cheerful and charming.

My information comes from the textbook Color by Betty Edwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back