• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Hamilton

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
hamilton-main-1.jpg
That's it. That's the thread.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’ve listened to this album so many times, but finally seeing the performances took my love for this musical to another level. With it being sung through, I never thought I could be missing *that* much by not seeing the actual show, but there’s so much more layered meaning and special moments that only come through when watching it. It feels great to fall in love with it all over again.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Agreed ;A; The show is so magical when you are watching it. Even though the set never really changes beyond the smaller props, somehow you feel like every song and scene transports you to a whole different place. The show is so lively and the stage work employed here is nothing but pure magic and genius. The level of technical work, staging, and perfectly timed choreography sets the bar high for so many other musical experiences now.

I don't think I can ever go back from that.

I should say I avoided listening to any Hamilton songs until the performance came to Disney +. I didn't want to spoil it for myself and figured that one day I would get to see an off-Broadway performance eventually. I'm so glad I waited, but I also hate that I waited because my god the music is PERFECT. Leslie Odum Jr. is 💓 💓 💓 Phillipa Soo is 💕 💕 💕 and Daveed Diggs is🔥🔥🔥

And of course Lin-Manuel Miranda is all of that too, but damn...what a perfect cast.

Soldier

Awards
Is this show really all that great? I hear theater fanatics harping on how good it is. Was Alexander Hamilton that captivating a historical figure to warrant a stageplay?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is this show really all that great? I hear theater fanatics harping on how good it is. Was Alexander Hamilton that captivating a historical figure to warrant a stageplay?

Trust me, I felt the same. I still don’t give a shit about Alexander Hamilton the historical figure.

But also trust me, it is a fun show. Give it a try. The story is exciting because the music is exciting and the stagework is excellent.

Also Alexander Hamilton literally had a very massive sex scandal that he revealed to the public in a very detailed, lewd (for the time) bodice ripper called the Reynolds Pamphlet. Hamilton was hella wild for the 18th/19th centuries.

It will either live up to the hype or fall short. You’ll have to find out yourself to know which way the wind will blow.

Soldier

Awards
Trust me, I felt the same. I still don’t give a shit about Alexander Hamilton the historical figure.

But also trust me, it is a fun show. Give it a try. The story is exciting because the music is exciting and the stagework is excellent.

Also Alexander Hamilton literally had a very massive sex scandal that he revealed to the public in a very detailed, lewd (for the time) bodice ripper called the Reynolds Pamphlet. Hamilton was hella wild for the 18th/19th centuries.

It will either live up to the hype or fall short. You’ll have to find out yourself to know which way the wind will blow.
Is it as crazy as Troy Mclure's sex scandal? (Only true Simpsons fans will get that joke)
It just seems like such a bizarre pick, Like the writer had a bunch of historical figures laid out in front of them on a dartboard, blindfolded themselves and just let fate choose the main character. This could also be how the greatest showman was pitched/chosen.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is it as crazy as Troy Mclure's sex scandal? (Only true Simpsons fans will get that joke)
It just seems like such a bizarre pick, Like the writer had a bunch of historical figures laid out in front of them on a dartboard, blindfolded themselves and just let fate choose the main character. This could also be how the greatest showman was pitched/chosen.

I’m Simpsons illiterate.

I mean...Lin-Manuel Miranda was reading a book on Alexander Hamilton while he was on a vacation and came back with a few songs. He didn’t plan on writing a historical musical. Hamilton wouldn’t have existed if he didn’t decide to find out who the guy on the $10 USD was.

And yeah, the show focuses on Hamilton’s life but it is also about the revolution and the early days of America told in a fun hip-hop way.

I can’t begin to break down the appeal of this show. I was definitely in the camp of “it can’t be THAT great” Then all of a sudden I was crying without realizing it as the final song was performed.

It’s got a talented, charismatic cast and good stage design. It just all comes together and works.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I heard the soundtrack before I saw the show, but it is still a solid show (y)
The way they tell it is very well done, and the cast play a big part in that.

It's Quiet Uptown is a heartbreaker, What'd I Miss is a great jazz number, and the way the songs blend into each other is very cool:D(y) Especially 'Aaron Burr, Sir' with 'My Shot' and 'A Winter's Ball' with Helpless, it feels like the songs in both pairs should've been on one track respectively

Back