• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► halp

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trag

Bronze Member
The last five or six months or so of my life have been incredibly confusing. Not hard, confusing. I'm looking for some guidance possibly from people who have been in a similar situation. At the beginning of the summer, I made the mistake of proposing to my 16 year old girlfriend XD She inevitably was revealed to be an incredible liar and I feel stupid for it. We had an on/off thing for a while, and her being my first girlfriend, it's been awful. During that time, my mom decided to divorce my father and take as much as she could with him. I've decided to stop talking to her, something I don't how to feel about. She's my mom, but leaving her family behind is in no way excusable. My dad has been on edge, and my brothers as well, resulting in a very hostile home environment. I got kicked out yesterday, in the heat of an argument, and as shitty as it is to do, I went to my best friends and I'm staying with them for a while. I don't really feel like I can trust people. They walk in and out, and it's weird to care for someone. The conflict is I know that there are trustworthy people out there, but I won't let myself see that in anyone. Sometimes I feel like I come on too strong, or too friendly, over eager to make someone else happy. Setting myself up for a let down.
My questions are, am I wrong for not wanting to talk to my mom? Should I hold it against my dad that he kicked me out over such petty reasons?
I don't normally make h/d threads, i apologize in advance haha

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
I kinda know what you mean in that last part about trusting people but its really up to you, if you feel like they are someone you are comfortable around, can relate to you, and are an overall good person then you should trust them. Also, about not wanting to talk to your mom is ok because you dont agree with her actions which is reasonable. I dont wanna say you should hold it against your dad even though I would for something like that but the way things are happening to you seems like you should be on your own for a while, like try to get your own place or something like that since it doesnt seem like a good place to be right now and people to be around.

Idk if that helps but I hope it all works out for you.

Trag

Bronze Member
My dad called me this morning, asked me to come home and I did. Talked it over, and it would have been shitty to drop myself on someone elses family. Thanks for you guys advice. Getting my own place wouldn't be a real option, I don't have a job right now and have no money saved up ;/ As for hobbies, I think one of my big issues might be having too many of those, haha

I have another problem, though, and it's my agoraphobia. Has anyone else suffered from it? I don't mean like, not hanging out with friends, but a sincere fear of the outside. Not leaving ones room, even. Getting kicked out was horrifying, having no place to go and being a hikikomori? most of the things i grabbed were video games and books. It's something I've been trying to get over, and I was only wondering if someone had some input on dealing with it.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
My dad called me this morning, asked me to come home and I did. Talked it over, and it would have been shitty to drop myself on someone elses family. Thanks for you guys advice. Getting my own place wouldn't be a real option, I don't have a job right now and have no money saved up ;/ As for hobbies, I think one of my big issues might be having too many of those, haha

I have another problem, though, and it's my agoraphobia. Has anyone else suffered from it? I don't mean like, not hanging out with friends, but a sincere fear of the outside. Not leaving ones room, even. Getting kicked out was horrifying, having no place to go and being a hikikomori? most of the things i grabbed were video games and books. It's something I've been trying to get over, and I was only wondering if someone had some input on dealing with it.

For the hobbies you can just do all of them when you need to get away from things, switch between them and you will forget about everything else.

For your problem I dont really know what to say, im really shy and have been brought down so much before that sometimes talking to people is a big step for me, especially with girls. But when I hear them talk about things I can relate to I try to join in. Thats like the opposite of your problem but what you could do is try to find something that you do in your room that makes you comfortable and keeps you in there that you can do somewhere else. Possibly with a friend and the friend that you stayed with could be that friend cause I mean they let you stay at their house so im pretty sure their trustworthy.

Also, try getting a job so you will have an easier time dealing with things like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back