• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Halfbreed Prologue - Challenge to Piercing Light

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
All right you knew ahead of time so let's not pretend we don't know what this is. I need to debut this young man and I choose you to be my test subject. Come at me.

Location - Back Street

Late evening, streets abandoned.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
"..No way, lost?" Isaac took the time to look around the area. It was a dark and lonely street in a wet evening. His mother wasn't up to cooking tonight so they opted for Pizza instead. Being the eldest, he offered to pick it up, but that wasn't the worst part. The worst part was his brilliant idea of taking a shortcut, but somewhere along the way there must have been a wrong turn and here he was; out in the middle of nowhere holding three boxes of large pepperoni pizza's. Life could be truly unfair. Feeling irritated, he shook his head and grumbled silently as he made his way over to a closed outdoor cafe and set the boxes down on the table, keeping them there for now while he analyzed his surroundings.

"Crap. Do I go back or trust my instincts? I guess I could call Mayuka and have her help guide my way ..but dad would totally rip on me later. Tch, that's great." Placing his hands behind his head, Isaac tried to find the better choice at the moment. It was chilly, wet, and he was starving for this pizza as much as his family was. Would one little slice get him in trouble?

Nah, he'd call it a tip.

"But first, a little delivery boy reward. Open up~"
Parting the folds of the box, the mouth-watering smell of cheese and pepperoni made him want to sit down and eat the whole damn thing himself, but he had to tell himself; one slice. Just one.

One.

"..Ooooh yeah, come to daddy~"
Taking a long, thick slice from the delicious, greasy, moist and god-help-him tempting box. Holding it with both hands, he inserted the smaller end into his mouth and didn't hesitate in biting it, consuming the gooey delight and not holding back on the pleasurable moans that left his throat.

Awards
"That looks pretty good~" Ryoko chimed into Issac's pizza eating. She was sitting one table over from him, a cup of coffee in her hands from the cafe'. She stood up, nice and smoothly as she made her way to his table. Setting the coffee down she shot a subtle smile towards him, Her eyes going to the pizza boxes as she took the seat next to him. "Three boxes? Either you are very hungry or someone has their own little 'butler' to take care of them." She moved her eyes back to him, a hunger of her own buried within them. "I must say, they are lucky to have such a handsome young man taking care of them."

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
It was logical to question why someone would sit in front of a closed cafe and drink coffee as late as it was, but the pizza was so good that he didn't question it, he merely savored the taste and kept eating it. Getting to the crust, Isaac devoured that just as easily as the rest and chewed, pleased and wanting more, but knowing he had a responsibility to get this haul back home. As for this woman, she was a little on the creepy side, especially near the eyes. Lightly clapping his hands to remove them of any leftover residue, he peered down at the woman who took it upon herself to sit beside him. Creepy.

"Oh?" He grinned. May as well take the compliments despite the fact that standing next to her felt like a death trap. "No, no ..I'm just the guy who offered to get the pizza ..but, between you and be, I'm definitely the most handsome one in that family." No, he wasn't bragging, it was just fact. And considering he wanted to just move along now..

"So who's your mother? Is her pair as good as yours?"
This always pissed the ladies off, anything to give her a reason to leave and for him to go as well.

She was bad news ..he just needed to prove it to himself.

Awards
Listening to the teen speak Ryoko slightly tilted her head, an amused giggle passing through her lips. He didn't seem very modest, not that she cared, modesty isn't all it's cracked up to be. As for the comment about her breasts, she wasn't expecting that. Either he had some nerve, or he was masking his true intentions with a feeble attempt to insult her. Seems she found quite the interesting prey, she began to wonder if he could entertain her at all. Her eyes wandered to the large blade on his person, she wondered if it's edge had ever had the pleasure of tasting fresh blood.

"I'm afraid I can't answer that, the last time I saw my mother I was a small child... And every time I picture what she looks like the image always focuses on the bullet hole in her skull. Thanks for the complement however." Ryoko said, her tone devoid of any remorseful emotion, in fact there was the hint that she was stifling a snicker. Her hips shuffled and she moved closer to him. "I told you a little something about me, why don't you tell me something about you? I think it's obvious that you are no stranger to combat." Her eyes glanced at his sword again, visible excitement flaring up as thoughts of violence and danger entered. "You've used that before yes?... Ever have to take a life?"

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
I always get the weird ones don't I? ..Jeez.. Isaac's expression did not change but his whole view of the situation sort of did. What he said did nothing but intrigue her further instead of turn her away. It would be rude to walk away, and she was creeping him out too much for him to want to turn his back on her. Those damn eyes of hers were just empty and cold, nothing like the other girls in Arcadia he knew. He felt bad about the comment he made towards her breasts but hey, it was true ..what he didn't like was the fact her mother got killed when she was young. Either this girl got over it over time, or she really didn't care to begin with.

"What, this old thing?" he glanced over his shoulder at a weapon that was crafted back at his families true home, its design and craftsmanship were years ahead of its time, but he never bragged, only used it when there was a demand. He was praying tonight wasn't one of those nights. But who was he kidding? It was going to be. "I'm not really obligated to tell a stranger if I've killed someone ..but I use it if it's necessary to protect someone close, or to kill something threatening. You're not one of those things." This felt like the start of a terrible horror movie. The handsome, popular, all-around-amazing protagonist comes face to face with the killer without even realizing it, and once his back was turned, wham, a little suspense and certain death. Life was a bitch like that.

"Anyway, I should head home, its pretty late and all."
He reminded her, nodding at the sky, nothing but darkness above them. Sliding his right hand under those boxes, he lifted them up with ease and backed off, waiting for her mutual farewell.

Awards
Watching Issac get up to leave Ryoko watched him intently. She was far too interested in him now to just let him get away. She was almost aching to see what he could do. Picking up her mug of coffee she tapped her nails against it anxiously, she had held it in long enough. Standing from her seat she gripped the mug, and slammed it into the table. It shattered to pieces, the black coffee spilling over her arm. Picking up a sharp shard of the mug she took steps towards Issac. Her 'real' smile formed, as she let her mind fall into blood lust. "I'm afraid I am one of those things.." She whispered just barely in his audible range.

Placing the sharp shard between her index finger and her thumb she scraped it against her left writs. Black blood sprayed out like a dark mist, where it stayed in the air as if gravity had no effect. Reaching out with her left hand the blood molded together to form a sickly scythe in her grasp. Holding the weapon upright with it's end to the ground she placed her right hand to her hip. "I never introduced myself did I? My name is Ryoko, and you're going to be entertaining me tonight." Kicking off the ground Ryoko gripped the scythe with her left hand, swinging in in a wide arch that threatened to decapitate Issac unless he acted quickly. She kept the the momentum going, switching to her right hand and slashing at his legs. She then used both hands, and swung over his head, driving it downward with enough force to tear the ground apart.

Last edited:

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
"Stop staaaaaring at meeeeeee."Isaac said out of the side of his mouth and in a very silent tone, not liking the staring, not liking it at all, not really giving her the chance to hear it.So, the moment he heard her nails hitting her little coffee cup, he counted down the seconds left to where this all went to hell. The glass shattered was six, grabbing it was pretty much five, but running it across her wrist made him recoil, a disgusting four. It just so happened he was the only one around tonight who had nothing better to do than deal with this freak. Eventually that blood molded into a frightening weapon, a scythe, and he would've complimented her choice in weaponry if it didn't come out of her damn wrist.

"I never introduced myself did I? My name is Ryoko, and you're going to be entertaining me tonight."

"..Oh, entertainment huh? Sorry, my girlfriend buys all the tickets to my show." he shrugged his shoulders, tossing the stack of pizza boxes over his shoulder, letting them land on the other sidewalk across the road he stood in perfectly. Within moments Ryoko kicked forward, attempting to slice his head clean off. Crouching when he recognized that her weapon was drawn back and her posture didn't indicate any shifting of direction, he was able to avoid her first strike by a few inches, his hair unscathed. Bringing it back around, he stood back up in his normal posture and lightly kicked off the ground, yet again allowing it to be cut close by a few inches to the heel of his shoe. Raising the blade over her head, this next attack didn't require movement of his feet any further, because the moment she even appeared to ready her next attack his left hand was already in his inside coat pocket, pulling out a sleek handgun, or cannon as he'd like to call it.

Taking aim at the hazard coming down at him, he took a shot at the base just under the blade, his Raikiri having enough power backed into it to cause the weapon to fly out of her hands if her grip wasn't perfect. Of course if she did hang on, she'd probably fall right on her butt as all that momentum came crashing against her. The moment that shot of compressed force went off, he took aim dead center at her head. "Freeze." he warned, calling a momentary cease fire.

"A scythe ..one of my friends uses those. It offers you a wide range of attack but very little room to guard unless you've trained with it constantly .." Isaac recalled his friend and her expertise. Ryoko only did three moves and he assumed she couldn't measure to that amount of expertise. "Now, the thing about weapons with long reach, is that when I figure out your range and stay out of it, you can no longer touch me. Not to mention there are very few directions of attack you can come up with with that weapon alone." As if already figuring out how this fight was going to go, Isaac scoffed and shook his head, laughing under his breath.

"I don't think this'll be thrilling but..what the hell, I may as well offer you a front row seat, but getting a pass to back stage ..that's another story."
He didn't think he'd need Ashbringer for this conflict, not if that scythe was all she was going to bring to the table. Lowering his handgun, he took two steps back.

"I'll let you try this again ..don't hurt yourself now."

Awards
As Issac lowered his gun from her head Ryoko looked him in the eyes, wonder vivid in her wide pupils. "Are you giving me advice? You really are an interesting guy." Ryoko chuckled, taking the scythe she held it out towards him. "I must admit I don't get much practice when it comes to defending myself, however that is because my opponent is usually... Done by now. I think I can handle it though, after all I also like to think of this as a 'learning experience' you see?" She tilted her head and gave him a toothy white grin. "But enough about that, show me more of what you can do!" The Scythe in her right hand pulsed, the blood it being composed of seeming to become agitated. More blood flowed out of the wound on her wrist into it, yet it's size did not change. Dashing forward she entered a range just close enough that she was able to swing the blade of the scythe right behind Issac's head. She yanked it downward in a diagonal fashion, threatening to cleave him in two.

She then spun with the motion of the blade, increasing its speed and slashing at him until the scythe was a black blur, with her twisting her body and leaping around Issac to keep up with the motion. It was true that it was hard to defend with the weapon she was using, however its offensive capabilities skyrocketed when it was used this way. Where ever she swung was effectively a 'death zone.' After sending what she thought was a decent amount of swings his way she flipped back away from him, tossing her weapon at him. Right as it came within close proximity of him it liquefied, the black blood splattering about in a disturbing mess. "Careful cutie, I don't want this to end too soon alright? So please try not to die so quickly."

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
All this dialogue she was giving was really taking away from the epic soundtrack in the background, but with a rack like that, he supposed he could forgive her. What wasn't so easily forgivable was how her blood powers took away from the chest area, and he was more disgusted than perverted by now, face turning bitter as if he swallowed something sour. "That is so damn gross." he mumbled just before she entered attack range again. Ducking low to allow the blade to pass him, he sidestepped to his left to avoid the follow up. Now she was using moves that were a little more in the 'intermediate' range and Isaac gave her a little respect for it.

He was prepared to blast her with his own weapon but she didn't stop, continually spinning that thing around and around in order to draw blood, to deal some form of damage. Backing up continuously to keep himself from that cutting range, the guy was already formulating a plan to end her, but before he could follow through she ceased her attacking and retreated yet again, perhaps fearing retaliation. It only served to annoy him as he raised his Raikiri to her, clearly unamused. She tossed her weapon at him, not throw, not swing, she 'tossed' it ...and not taking any risks he fired two bullets, the first flying towards the very center of that scythe and ceasing its movement and canceling its momentum out entirely. The second came right behind it only just over it, grazing past the other bullet. If she didn't move the most it would do is graze her ankle.

A warning shot.

"Careful cutie, I don't want this to end too soon alright? So please try not to die so quickly."

"Hm, well as you can darn well see I'm perfectly unharmed ..you're the one who retreated. How about you stop gloating about wounds you have yet to inflict?" Isaac shrugged his shoulders, and without allowing her the opportunity to respond, he jerked his gun up towards her forehead, firing another shot. Taking it to the left, he fired yet again to intercept any movement in that direction, and to the right, another bullet was fired. The shots were fired very quickly with a small window of a quarter of a second for each of them. He wanted to leave her only one area to go that wouldn't risk any form of current injury, and that was up.

Awards
The scythe of black blood splattered as the bullets hit it, falling away from Issac and splashing onto the stone sidewalk. She glanced at the wound on her leg, which had opened a minor gash in her skin. Guns... Boring toys, where was the fun in such an indirect method of attack? She wished he would stop hiding behind that infernal thing. In the middle of his response to what she had just said, she took her attention to the pool of dark blood left by her scythe. This was pretty disappointing so far, she just had to get him to draw his sword, then the fun could start! As she expected he raised his gun to fire upon her. Sighing she turned to her left, so that her side was facing him. This would make her a smaller target. At the same time the black blood on the ground shot up and flattened into a wall. The wall was angled, just barely covering her from the bullets, however due to their angle they were able to deflect the bullets instead of stopping them.

Rotating the wall so she was out of his line of sight she formed a small knife from the blood that ran from the wound on her leg. Gripping it in her right hand she made cuts along both her left and right shoulder, along with parts of her arms. There were six cuts in total, and her blood flowed out from the open wounds. They formed long tendril like appendages, with the ends finished with a dangerous edge. Using the wall of blood she sent it flying towards Issac, the front gaining spikes that threatened to impale him. She was right behind it, and closing the distance to him she flanked him from his right side. The tendrils were sent stabbing towards him at a rapid pace, slicing and thrusting like a whirlwind of razors. She advanced on him while doing this, not even thinking of stopping or letting up, making sure he couldn't simply backpedal away. No, he was GOING to draw that sword, or she'd fillet him like a fish.

Last edited:

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
...I bet she finds herself clever for somehow making a wall ...that's no ordinary blood.

Thinks were getting a little slow paced now but Isaac didn't complain openly, instead he figured out her game. That wall was obscuring his vision and didn't allow him to see what she was cooking up next. She was either preparing, planning, or both, but while he couldn't see what she was doing, she couldn't see what he was doing either. All Isaac really did was jerk his firearm, the hand cannon, the Raikiri as was its true name, to adjust its rate of fire. He switched to his other round setting, the high impact round type, and though the rate of fire was reduced, the power more than made up for it all. So, he waited for her, waited for the inevitable retaliation. As things were, Isaac just stood there, gun raised towards the wall that stood before him, sensitive to movement.

Maybe I really ought to just draw it anyway...yeah, that would catch her off guard since she's led to believe I won't draw it unless I have to. I can just end this in one swing ..not like she'll see it coming.

His own counter-attack prepared, he took a couple steps back, giving himself a little breathing room. The wall raised sharpened spikes and it intended to move towards him. Ryoko didn't appear yet, so that meant she was behind it. Though before it was even halfway to him, Isaac shut his right eye and took aim dead center at the obstruction, firing a round that screamed as it flew from his weapon. If he held it any lighter, his wrist might've been destroyed from the recoil, but he managed to hold it perfectly steady. The shot alone caused most windows in the area to shatter as it screeched towards its intended target. Luckily for Ryoko she moved just in time before that single bullet of compressed energy crashed against the wall and immediately broke it apart, inch by inch, rendering it useless and destroyed.

Colliding with a concrete wall, the material nearly exploded upon total impact and blew plenty of dust and debris over the area just as Ryoko closed in. Isaac was already crouched and brought his hand towards the halt of his weapon, turning towards the left slightly and arching his back, freeing the Ashbringer from its bond. Placing his forefinger around the injection system's trigger and pressed it tightly. Bringing it over his head, he turned back towards Ryoko and intended to slice her diagonally with the momentum he built. The injection traveled through his sword and at the rate he swung, would have caught flames in mid swing, if not cutting her, giving her a possible burn or singed clothes at the least.

If she could somehow predict his drawing of his weapon at the rate she was coming, and if she could somehow predict flames erupting from the weapon and walk away from this unscathed, he'd lightly clap, but none of this was likely. She revealed her abilities pretty early, this surprise should've changed the flow of battle.

Whether the swing connected with her body, or if she somehow dodged despite her desire to press the attack, he brought his firearm forward again, lightly jerking it to the side before taking aim and releasing two bullets towards her mid-section, wherever she was, and whatever condition she was in.

"You know, ignoring your creepy as s*** stare, your disgusting power, and your psychotic attitude ..I could almost fall for you!"

Not allowing his mouth to cripple his reaction time, he was keeping up with her every step of the way...

Awards
He was taking her assault fairly well. She couldn't land a single hit on him, and he was dodging everything she sent at him. This didn't frustrate her, in fact she was glowing with delight. Her eyes widened in anticipation, not wanting to miss a second, and her mouth creased with a twisted grin of joy. She felt it. She felt his intensity, his drive, and it only made her more excited to see what he did next. Her cheeks flushed red with happiness as she caught sight of his hand reaching for his blade. Finally! He drew it with surprising speed, hardly giving her time to react. The blade was coming down towards her at an angle, and looking at this angle Ryoko quickly realized that she was in a tight spot. She had too much forward momentum, so dodging backwards was impossible. She could try blocking, however she had a feeling her six tendrils would not be enough to do just that. Maybe she didn't have to block or back away...

She caused the tendrils of blood to strike at the ground, the force propelling her upwards. She was still moving forward, and flipped over Issac, curling as she passed over the arch of his blade. There was a sudden warmth however, which was hardly a bother. It was when that heat picked up and became blistering that Ryoko thought she was in any danger. Reaching the ground about eight feet behind Issac, Ryoko landed without fail, though she noticed a few wounds. The first most obvious was a five inch long gash across her lower torso from his blade. It wasn't bleeding as the hot metal had cauterized it. The second and third were gun shot wounds. One had grazed her left thigh, and the other had struck her in her right shoulder. No large concern, the pain was nothing, and she need not worry about bleeding out.

"Eh? what's that smell?" It smelled almost like the day she burned down her orphanage. Mainly the bedrooms, something akin to smoldering cotton. Looking down she saw that her dress was on fire. Well that's distressing. The lapping flames were getting far too close to her skin for comfort, so the only logical course of action was to remove the fires fuel yes? Gripping the cloth at her right shoulder she tore it from her, letting it fall to the ground and burn, leaving her body less of the 'leave it to your imagination' type and more of the 'come hither' type. She still had her underwear on, it's lacy purple surface on display.

"You know, ignoring your creepy as s*** stare, your disgusting power, and your psychotic attitude ..I could almost fall for you!"

Ryoko giggled with what seemed more like an amused humming. "Don't fall for me just yet." She wagged a finger at him, teasing him. "We hardly even know each other." There was an emphasis on the word 'know,' that seemed to imply so much, and yet so little. The tendrils on her body melted onto her body, spreading across her and only stopping once she was covered with what looked like an obsidian sheen. It covered the length of her feet, legs, thighs, torso, and shoulders. It would act as a light armor, and allow her more freedom of movement than the dress she was wearing. "Now then..." Her blood poured out from her wounds, gathering in her right hand. It took on a long thick shape, like a small pillar. It rippled, and began to mold into the shape of a katana. The large amount of blood used meant that it was highly dense and durable. It was as heavy as a lead balloon, yet with her control over it felt as light as a feather.

She ran her left palm across the back of the five foot long subtly curved blade, taking a deep breath as a comforting familiarity was shown on her face. This was a weapon she was quite fond of, and had much practice with. There was just something about blades like the katana that she adored, they were so elegant and yet, deadly. She kicked off the ground, the pavement cracking as she pushed off of it with a lunge amplified through the power of her blood armor. With such a close distance she was on him in the blink of an eye, and so was her blade. She swung with only her right hand, choosing to strike at certain points. First a downward diagonal slash to the left, then a right horizontal slash, and then a quick forward thrust aimed right at his heart. "Can you feel it? The rising tension, the battle bound passion!?" She asked him with her true wide stretched smile beaming at him.

Last edited:

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
"Why can't you just do what you say you're gonna do..? Man this is getting old.." Isaac would mutter in annoyance at how she somehow managed to avoid such a technique without any sort of warning beforehand. Frankly this entire encounter was turning into convenient bullshit and he wasn't liking it in the slightest. At the very rate she ran and at the speed he drew his weapon, she should've been bleeding heavily and ...oh kupo! it, he should've guessed the minute she somehow made a wall she'd fight like this. Lame.

Turning around, he placed his sword to his back again and bound it to him, releasing the hilt and letting it remain where it was without gravity affecting it. He still kept the gun out though, now it was only to piss her off and to vent some frustration.

"You know I take what I said just now back ..your constant attacking and retreating bullshit is working my last nerve. Either your going to attack me, or your going to talk trash and flirt with me, pick one." jerking the gun to its left quickly once more, he was thoroughly annoyed and was fully prepared to just end her life. Screw it. She talked way too much and he didn't have time for this. "I'm serious... cut the bullshit and fight or go home. This isn't tag and giggles.."

Personally he was rethinking all of this. Maybe he should've just went to Asahina's house and watched a movie with her tonight, but not anymore, no, he had to deal with this woman. And to think right now he could have Asahina snuggling with him ..she was single, he was now single seeing as his girlfriend wasn't the woman he expected her to be ..and she was cute. Hell even Asagi could've worked, at least if she challenged him she'd have the mental balls to keep attacking.

Inori was just weird.

"Now then..."

"Yeah, 'now then' .. make that Katana of yours.." He sat by idly. The fact she made a sword meant nothing, she wasn't trained specifically in anything, her blood was her weapon, that gave her versatility but no weapon she was certainly good at. She fought like a novice and talked garbage like one too. Ryoko just wasn't interesting anymore.

Screw it I'm ripping her in half.

So she lunged and to deal with that, he did what he could do without a weapon, and that is to see her coming from a linear path despite the launch speed and side step to his left, then took another step back to step out of the range of her swing.

"Can you feel it? The rising tension, the battle bound passion!?"

"Shut up and die."

He took the stab willingly, stepping into it and adjusting his body so she punctured nothing but flesh. His gun was at her stomach and the moment her blade was deep enough inside of him, he did not miss a single beat and fired, the scream of the bullet leaving the chamber heard again. If it were to connect, it would rip through her spine and destroy it, as well as blow her stomach open and spray all her guts down this street. If she could dodge a point blank shot, then he would literally walk away from this with no further words.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back