• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Half-Minute Hero

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
Now that search is back, I wanted to see if a thread on this was made, and apparently not O:

Half-Minute Hero, in short, is basically a RPG in which you have to save the world in 30 seconds, because the Evil Lords around the country are casting a spell that can destroy the world in 30 seconds, etc etc. You have to beat the Evil Lord before those 30 seconds are up.
However, the Time Goddess can reset the time back 30 seconds if you pray at one of her statues... but it costs money (starts at 100G, then goes up by 100 each time you revert time). It has 8-bit graphics, similar to the early FF games. You're probably thinking 'meh', but you should see some reviews/gameplay videos... it has a lot of praise.

Easily one of the 'better' PSP games out there. It's fun, humorous, and has at least 16 hours of gameplay (has different story modes, such as Hero, Knight, Princess, Evil Lord, etc). I recommend this game to anyone who likes RPG or beat-the-clock games.

The only downfall to this game, in my opinion, is the ridiculously easy bosses. They're not much stronger than the monsters you fight. But, the challenges make up for that. Usually when you go to a new stage, there is an objective you have to do. In the beginning, they're easy, but as you play, they'll get a bit harder; sometimes you have to do a challenge in less than 10 seconds! And that's what makes the game awesome :3

So yeah, discuss =D

Firo

Oh Crap
I played the demo and thought it was really fun. It's on my get list.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
I played the demo and thought it was really fun. It's on my get list.

I downloaded the demo and played it, Worst 30 Seconds Of My Life. It doesnt make sense you just start the game and then your character takes two steps and then he fights. Then it just keeps going but you dont even know what to do and by the time your half way around the island or whatever the time runs out and its over. What kind of game is that?

Satoshi

I downloaded the demo and played it, Worst 30 Seconds Of My Life. It doesnt make sense you just start the game and then your character takes two steps and then he fights. Then it just keeps going but you dont even know what to do and by the time your half way around the island or whatever the time runs out and its over. What kind of game is that?

I agree, it was like that. They just throw you in deep and hope you don't get your ass kicked. Meh-fest and a -5 overall.

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
It's your own opinion, but I'm just going to say: you're not only supposed to just go into the wild, level up, and battle the Evil Lord. There's a lot more to it than just that. Have you actually gone into the villages and talked with the townspeople? And the castle usually isn't even that far from the starting point, and if it is, there is usually a village/hut there with a person holding information on what you're supposed to do.

And you're also given a statue to pray/pay at so you can reset the timer; so it's not just 'here's 30 seconds, go level up, do the objective, and kill the evil lord'.
The wild monster battles usually aren't that long anyway, maybe 1-2 seconds, depending on how many.

I'd give it a second thought, I thought the same at first, but your opinion will change after you play it more. It's kind of like a puzzle with a set timer, if you think about it.

F

Fagren

Xseed sent me info about this game to my email.I liked the concept and plan on getting it when I get a PsP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back